Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official LG Clout VX8370 Release Thread

Feedback Score
    I would really like to get this phone.

Feedback Score
    I would like to get a pair of these for my wife and myself, but if they put the $9.99/mo data plan on there it will kill it for me.

I spoke with a couple of LG folks today but they could not tell me very much. The primary things I found out were that LG really has no power over Verizon's final decision on the data plan; the best they can do is suggest that the phone be offered with optional data plan. The people I spoke to also thought it would be difficult to find one of the devices for sale at an independent retailer before Verizon has them in their stores, and they had no idea when Verizon was planning to release the device.

While in a Verizon Authorized Dealer yesterday inquiring about the device, the purchasing manager there said something to the effect of "it should hit sometime this week" but when pressed further he said he could not say for sure.

I'm going to call Verizon customer support in the morning and see if I can find out any more, and I'll be sure to post anything I find out.

Reading PeterB's post about getting some of these in his store really got my blood pumping, but I have not yet found a truly independent retailer in my area (every store I've gone in has had the Verizon Authorized Dealer logo).

Feedback Score
    I spoke with a Verizon representative and she had the phone in her system as being available starting July 12, but only through indirect channels. She also said her documents listed a data requirement of $9.99/mo or higher.

I then tried ordering the phone from 2 different online retailers and neither of them had ever heard of the device.

Can someone tell me if "indirect channels" can mean "Verizon Authorized Dealer" or if these two phrases are mutually exclusive?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yeah, indirect channel is used within the company for any place that sells verizon service but isn't corporate owned.

Best Buy, Cellular Sales, Wireless Zone, Express Wireless CT , Family Wireless, Amcom, there are a ton of us out there.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Device(s)
    Droid Maxx & LG Clout
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Seems odd this phone isn't even on the LG site. Maybe it'll show up after Verizon annouces it? Spoke with several independents who wouldn't or couldn't order it and didn't know when either. No one seems to want my hard earned money. Waited this long. Guess we'll have to wait longer. Would hate to get stuck with the data plan anyway. Would also like to see some reviews of it before buying.

Device(s)
    Droid Maxx & LG Clout
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    It sure seems like time is running out to get one of these without a data plan. I found a local dealer who says he'll order me one if I drop in and put down a $50 deposit on it. I don't have time to do that today, but I'll go by there tomorrow and find out all the details. I'm really hoping for a discount of some kind using a new every two bonus or because I'm signing a new 2 year agreement, but I'm not holding my breath.

Device(s)
    Droid Maxx & LG Clout
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon MVNO's have different contract rules than Verizon direct. Might not have the data fee on this phone. Good example is my nites and weekends start at 7PM instead of 9. My contract per minute rate is much less than Verizon direct. Uses the same towers etc. Can't see any disadvantages in over 4 yrs with them. Used this for my work phone. Wife and son have also used this. Everthing's neogotiable. Negotiate hard as it's your money.

Feedback Score
    I found a dealer in Chester, MD with several of these in stock (they told me they are selling pretty well!) and got myself one, no data plan required (just as PeterB said). I ended up paying $30 w/ new 2-year agreement and with my new-every-two discount. Without the new-every-two it would have been $50.

I am pleased with it thus far. I haven't had a chance to make any calls with it yet, but one thing I noticed was that the D-Pad has a bit of a plastic popping sound to it. It does not interfere with the function of it but it has the feeling of being a little cheap. Other than that the phone is nice and solid with a good strong hinge and generous keypad area. The whole keypad, including send/end keys, has that two-tone coloring and I think it looks nice.

Best of luck to anyone else looking for one of these. I actually went back and called some of the dealers I had gone in to see in person and I happened to get a manager on the phone. He looked at his inventory and promptly called me back saying he had found the phone at one of the neighboring stores.

Device(s)
    Droid Maxx & LG Clout
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update. Let us know how the sound and speakerphone is once you've used it. Give us a informal review of battery life etc. if you'd be so kind. Thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    This has been the most elusive cell phone in history! Thanks FAUguy for those links!! The Clout looks like a winner. The speakers look as though LG listened to us and included boomers similar to the 8300. I like the 8G MicroSD capability, the speaker locations and the fact you can answer a call without opening the flip. I will be ordering one as soon as it appears on the site.

Feedback Score
    I have had this phone since Friday and thus far I am very pleased with it. Since I don't have a data plan, I went into the service menu and disabled the EV-DO to save on battery. I charged the phone Friday night and used it for a handful of calls over the weekend, and the battery is still showing as full midday on Monday. The overall build quality is very good with a solid hinge, responsive keys, and good screens (my only niggle being the D-Pad which feels a little on the cheap side to me). The back plate is a grippy rubber material that makes the phone stay in hand easier and also gives better purchase when pulling it from my pocket. I get good signal everywhere I normally go with this phone, but that is not new from my previous LG vx5400. What is improved is the call quality. I can hear nuances of the other person's voice that were absent when using the previous phone, and when conversing with my mother on a land line long distance she noticed that I sounded clearer than with the previous phone. Additionally, while the vx5400's speakerphone was merely passable with lots of distortion, this one is nice and clear, and the person on the other end didn't even realize I was using a speakerphone. If you are looking for a solidly-built flip phone with excellent call quality and speakerphone, you won't go wrong with this one.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glaucon6 View Post
    I have had this phone since Friday and thus far I am very pleased with it.
    Can you go into the camera/camcorder and see what it lists as the highest resolution for taking pictures and videos?
    Also, can someone post a few pictures taken by the phone?

Feedback Score
    Looks like pictures are 1600x1200 max and videos are... 176x144? That's what it looks like anyway. There were several options for the pics, down to 320x240, but I didn't see an option to change the video resolution.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast