Thread: sidekick 2008 problems!

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States, 111718848845755, Saint Louis, Missouri
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile USA
    Feedback Score

sidekick 2008 problems!

okay so all my contacts are imported from the sim but when i get a text msg it doesnt show the name of the person its from just the number and idk why its doing that and no matter how i set the profiles it makes no notification when i get sms, i have hard reset this thing like 20 times!im running V2.1.4 is there a newer update?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm (unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quick clarification, do you have the Sidekick Data Plan?

If you do, then you will just have to wait until it redownloads all your crap (sms, contacts, apps, games, etc....). You must have the little G7 and then you wait. Could be a minute, could be days. I would lose connectivity for days at a time. Part of the reason I left the Sidekick.

Now, if you don't have the Sidekick Data Plan, then the names may never show up. Since the Sidekick operates on the data dependant Danger backend (like the Blackberry BIS through RIM but more anal retentive) you must have a connection or have data sync with the phone before it will show names. Stupid I know but that is how it works.

Now, everytime to hard reset the phone, you lose all your data in the phone and it is wiped. You have to constantly re-download the contacts into the phone everytime you battery pull or let it sit for too long without power.

Hope that helps.
    When our 5 powers combine, we summon Earth's greatest champion: Captain Planet.
    Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States, 111718848845755, Saint Louis, Missouri
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    that answers it thanks =]