Thread: Strange cell phone data calls 7770000001

Feedback Score

Strange cell phone data calls 7770000001

Have a 4 cell phones with Verizon. When I got our bill I noticed on one of the lines 403 data calls done 24 hours a day every day of the week and we were billed for 121 of them at .40 a min cause they were made at peak times and were over out monthly shared minute allowance. I know the person that has this phone did not make these data calls.
    Called Verizon and talked with them for an hour with no help what so ever. They were giving me every excuse in the book. So with some thinking I decided somehow this phone was dialing out on its own even though Verizon was saying that was not possible. Upon checking the phone I noticed an email application. I went into the application and deleted the accounts which basically deleted the applications working. I did this at 5:03 pm on 8/31.
    The next morning I went into Verizons website and checked the usage for that line (which already had 117 data calls on it) and the data calls stopped at 4:51pm. I beleive this phone was dialing to update emails at least once an hour. Problem solved I hope.

Feedback Score
    You should keep calling VZW until you get someone helpful and explain your situation and that the application really shouldn't be working this way and resulting in so many calls/charges for you.

Phone
    LG VX5500
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I agree. And ...don't let up until you get your money back. Otherwise they'll never fix it.