Thread: Strange O/G call record

Phones
    BB Curve 8320
    Nokia 6555
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Strange O/G call record

I have NEVER made an outgoing voice call, but I keep having them show up on my PP call detail. It has MY number as the number called, too.

Any ideas?

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    voicemail?

Phones
    BB Curve 8320
    Nokia 6555
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nope...like I said, I've NEVER made a call, and the phone is actually set to not allow incoming calls.

Feedback Score
    I think that's someone calling you and being connected to your voicemail. When my phone is off and someone tries calling me, I can see the call attempt in the records even if no msg is left, and it looks like the call is coming from my number.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I would be more concerned about the one penny data usage. That is not likely to happen with actual usage and is likely a phone issue -- those pennies can add up quickly as some phones do this every 15 minutes! You need to monitor your account over a few days and if this continues call customer service.

Also, try turning your phone off and back on a few times and check to ascertain that you are not receiving data charges every time you do that -- we have had posters with that problem.

Phones
    something from LG
    Samsung Rogue
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Outgoing calls I am not making

Hey! I was wondering the same thing. I haven't had my phone since Sunday. I forgot it (turned on) and left town.
    I got on my account and was surprised to see several successful outgoing calls and wondered hmm? No minutes deducted though.

Phones
    something from LG
    Samsung Rogue
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Motorola V3C

Since activating a Razr V3c in early July, I have lost about 25c for data that I know I haven't used. Just a penny here and there but I looked back and counted and see I've lost enough for a 3 minute call. Is it the phone? I don't even know how to use the data feature. What is triggering these penny charges? Seems the phone is doing something on its own. Help me save my pennies!

Phone
    Nokia 6015i since 12/06
    Carrier
    PagePlus since 12/06
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if this is the same thing, but I had something similar some months ago when a friend sent a msg via email(?) to my nbr@PP(?) or maybe it was via some IM interface on Yahoo/etc? Whatever, it was quite unusual as I think it showed MY nbr as the calling nbr and not the called nbr.

Phone
    LG 5300
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Even though the call record shows "Successful O/G Call", this was actually an incoming call. You can tell because your own phone number is listed. Someone dialed your number, but you did not answer the call. It either went to voicemail (they possibly did not leave a message) or the call terminated because you have voicemail turned off. Notice that no deduction was made from your balance. Page Plus should change the description for such calls to say something like "incoming call" or "unanswered call" or "Successful I/C Call". I'm assuming that "O/G" means "outgoing".

If your phone has some type of setting that ignores all incoming calls, people can still dial your number and the call will show up on Page Plus call records, since the call was processed in the switch.

Phones
    BB Curve 8320
    Nokia 6555
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127
    I would be more concerned about the one penny data usage.
    The $.01 data usage is normal. I'm only using it for TomTom PLUS services (traffic, weather, fuel). I'll use maybe 5-8k at a time. At $.0012 that comes out at be about $.01.

My T-Mo Blackberry is a 2G and can't do voice/data so I got the PP plan as a backup so I can still get real time traffic when I'm on the phone. Great deal...2nd cheapest non-contract deal for data/tethering I could find was GoPhone for $5/mb. ($.005/kb)

Phones
    BB Curve 8320
    Nokia 6555
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard7
    Even though the call record shows "Successful O/G Call", this was actually an incoming call.
    I guess I got a number that still has people trying to call it. If I could set up voicemail without eating up $$$ I'd put a computer voice on voicemail saying that you have reached a data-only number that does not accept voice calls. LOL

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score

?

this looks like to me they charge me to update my roaming

723487686 1 10:36 PM EST Sep. 02, 2009 11.88 11.87 Data (Data Usage)

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dervari
    I guess I got a number that still has people trying to call it. If I could set up voicemail without eating up $$$ I'd put a computer voice on voicemail saying that you have reached a data-only number that does not accept voice calls. LOL
    I think you can. Just dial your phone from a land line, and when it goes to VM, press #, your password, *, 4, 3, 1. Or just follow the prompts after you press *.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present