Thread: Where are all the new apps for Sidekick users?!?!

Device(s)
    sidekick LX
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Where are all the new apps for Sidekick users?!?!

Why is Microsoft not doing more to boost the Sidekick app store? Sidekick users tend to be loyal, but how does Microsoft intend to attract new (or retain) customers? I would love to see the Sidekick app store at least keep up with the other brands that are out there, instead we're lagging way behind. Come on, Microsoft, where's the incentive to be a Sidekick user?!?

Device(s)
    Dare
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    All our apps cost money, even though similar ones are free for other devices, yet even though it would cost money, i would pay gladly for a facebook app for my sidekick 2008!

Device(s)
    sidekick LX
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicknackxx
    All our apps cost money, even though similar ones are free for other devices, yet even though it would cost money, i would pay gladly for a facebook app for my sidekick 2008!
    Check your download catalog. The SKLX07 has a free app for Facebook, you may have it too.

Device(s)
    Dare
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Okay that definitely was not there yesterday or last week, but i just checked and sure enough the facebook app does show up, and its free! I think my phone recieved an update today, cause my phone reset itself earlier, so they must have updated the download catalog for the sk08.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm (unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just a heads up, the apps don't update themselves in real time. The web browser is still your best bet.
    When our 5 powers combine, we summon Earth's greatest champion: Captain Planet.
    Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Device(s)
    something new soon
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jess7861
    Why is Microsoft not doing more to boost the Sidekick app store? Sidekick users tend to be loyal, but how does Microsoft intend to attract new (or retain) customers? I would love to see the Sidekick app store at least keep up with the other brands that are out there, instead we're lagging way behind. Come on, Microsoft, where's the incentive to be a Sidekick user?!?
    i agree micosoft hasnt done enough to keep a loyal base . when oh when will they offer f
    iree Apps like everybody eles does.?

Device(s)
    IFONE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    SIDEKICK IS NEAR ITS DEATH IN JAN 2010 JUST LIKE IN GERMANY TMROW JUST GET A IPHONE ITS UR BEST BET

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Sidekick LX 09 (Carbon)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA/Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The Sidekicks may be on their way out in Europe but there's way too much demand for them in the U.S. for Microsoft to stop offering up the Danger OS to T-Mobile. I do agree though that Microsoft needs to get us more apps that we want (free or minimal fee). The LX 09 still has quite a few glitches as well and I would really like to see those fixed. Before Microsoft bought Danger, there were OTA's regularly. Now that Microsoft owns the company, they don't seem to care about patching the OS at all.
    rHG3|

Device(s)
    Samsung galaxy s4
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rHG3|
    The Sidekicks may be on their way out in Europe but there's way too much demand for them in the U.S. for Microsoft to stop offering up the Danger OS to T-Mobile. I do agree though that Microsoft needs to get us more apps that we want (free or minimal fee). The LX 09 still has quite a few glitches as well and I would really like to see those fixed. Before Microsoft bought Danger, there were OTA's regularly. Now that Microsoft owns the company, they don't seem to care about patching the OS at all.
    Hate to burst your bubble but i think developers have moved on to android and the iphone os,with that said i think the sidekick does not have much time left on the US. Australia and Europe are getting rid of the hiptop/sidekick data plan plus with the new microsoft phones (project pink/turtle) coming out,i think the sidekick brand will change.

Device(s)
    IFONE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I REALLY HOPE THEY MOVE ON AND SCRAP THE SIDEKICKS I USE TO HAVE A SIDEKICK. IAM 4 YEAR SIDEKICK VETERAN SINCE THE FIRST SIDEKICK BLACK/WHITE REALLY GOT TIRED OF BLACK OUTS WITH THE SERVICE AND NOW HAPPY WITH THE IPHONE3G PAYING $107.58 BUT COMES WITH EVERYTHING EVEN AIM WITH PUSH