Thread: Part of touch screen stopped working.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Lg Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Part of touch screen stopped working.

The bottom right corner of the screen will not work. It is only about a quarter inch square that doesnt respond. I cant back up my contacts with BA because I need to hit that corner to hit "ok". I was going to do a hard reset but i dont want to do it if I cant back up my contacts

Can I do it with BitPim or no? I dont really feel like spending 50 bucks for a new phone, haha. So hopefully the reset will work. Chances are, it probably wont.
    Last edited by holmgren; 09-09-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: actually the bottom right side.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am going thru a similar problem with a different phone. I have a Samsung Glyde where the right side of the screen doesn't respond and touching it produces nothing or the wrong item is selected (i.e. pressing 6 on the screen leads to the 5 being pressed)

I did a hard reset and the same problem cropped up... and now, I cannot download Mobile Banking onto my phone grrrrr....

I decided to give the Warranty folks a call and I should have my phone by Monday.

How long have you had your phone? If it has been less than a year, you can get a warranty replacement for $0 if it's due to a phone defect...
    Last edited by quint101; 09-09-2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Corrected some Typos

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Lg Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yeah its older than a year. already been replaced once. It is actually the right bottom that doesnt work, ha sorry.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Dare2 Omnia: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

did you try recalibrating it?
    a hard reset on the Dare wont lose any data but probably wont work
    Bitpim is awesome as a PIM on your Dare
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Lg Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainBikerMark
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Dare2 Omnia: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

did you try recalibrating it?
    a hard reset on the Dare wont lose any data but probably wont work
    Bitpim is awesome as a PIM on your Dare

ha i tried calibrating it but i cant get the bottom right corner to register..so the calibrating fails

Phones
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Samsung u370; Casio Ravine 2
    ;; broken: LG VX8700 (blank screen) and Motorola E815 (broken hinge)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question

During the time remaining that the Dare is still available, I was thinking of buying one or two for my family. How common or rare is this problem on this phone?
    (1) "Tutorial: Making Album Art Work (Most LG phones)" (link)
    (2) "MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity" (link)

Phones
    Nokia Lumia 1020
    Motorola Atrix HD
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My friend got a refurb unit and that happened to him yesterday for a bit. Along the bottom row it wouldn't respond. Basically the 5 buttons are inaccessible on the base of the screen.