Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on this subforum

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Feedback on this subforum

Do you believe Google Voice warrants its own subforum? Do you think this is the best place for it? Please give us feedback. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    IMO, it really can't hurt to have its own subforum. If worse comes to worse, the activity would be minimal. If it catches on then its another plus for HOFO.

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    I sent an email yesterday suggesting HoFo set up a gv forum!!! Suggestions sure get fast results!!
    It definitely is worth its own "slot". There is no place else on the web that discusses GV. I have had it since it first came out 3+ years ago.

Eg. I wouldn't have known GV now provides free calling to Canada unless I saw a post on the T-Mobile forum.

Be patient. It will take time for non-HoFo GV users to find this.

The one forum that should be combined is the "T-M" coverage section. It makes no sense to have multiple sub-forums for each small geographical area of the country. Some of those subforums can go a week or two w.o. posts.

...mike
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    6 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. 2G fast data on each line . $120/mo. + taxes. We have had no landline in more than 10 years.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler
    There is no place else on the web that discusses GV.
    There is also the official Google Voice forums, but I still think it's a GREAT idea to add a GV subforum to HoFo. I suspect this forum will continue to grow in popularity.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold II 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i think it deserves a subforum. im sure hacks and such will come out soon.
    Code Name: Jammis
    Latest Exploit: TCM Case File: E1337D
    Quote: "Berry taught me many things ... keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

Need HELP, an ESN, Plan, or Number Change? PM ME!

Need help flashing a cricket phone? Looking for a download?

Phone Flashing Made Easy. Cricket Phone Flashing Software

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Do you believe Google Voice warrants its own subforum? Do you think this is the best place for it? Please give us feedback. Thanks!
    I definitely feel the need for a forum on google voice...so little info out there and rather hard to find!
    A big Thank You to whomever is responsible for this group!!

Carrier(s)
    Metro
    Feedback Score

I like it.

But, I wasn't sure if I should post an issue that links a certain carriers phones and service with google voice, in which subforum. That issue will probably work itself out . . . but

Device(s)
    Nokia 6015i since 12/06
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus since 12/06
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay3800
    There is also the official Google Voice forums, but I still think it's a GREAT idea to add a GV subforum to HoFo. I suspect this forum will continue to grow in popularity.
    Yes, there is the "Official" forums, but they don't offer the advantages that this type of forum software does, in locating and tracking threads and such, so as a recently converted GrandCentral user, I will now look here as well for info!

Thanks for setting this up!

BTW, I'm a user of PagePlus so that's my history with this forum.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid RAZR xt910, LG vx5500
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I like having this forum here on HoFo.. I'm glad you added it.. please keep it around..
    Alot of us are used to the way HoFo is, (we don't want to go to other places, like the Offical GV forum, or wherever else we can go) and most of us use it hand in hand with our Cell's, so it just makes sense having it here, we're here anyways right??..

Otherwise everyone will be posting GV stuff in every other forum as well, and you'd have to search forver to find info.. good to keep it all in one place.. good job guys

Feedback Score
    I think the sub-forum is a great idea.

Feedback Score
    The sub-forum is definitely a good idea, but was it also meant as a place to basically buy/sell/trade invitations and the like:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1583070
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1583123

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Keep the forum!
    Brendan J. Rys
    Worcester, Mass

Device(s)
    w370
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay3800 View Post
    the search is so bad over there. I don't think anyone reads, they just post. The same topics over and over. And they don't even look at which subcategory they post in either. And the major responders just paste links to previously asked and answered topics.

I came here tonight specifically to see if there was a GV forum yet, keep it for sure.

Feedback Score
    I agree...

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Keep. What Howard needs to do is get rid of sub-forums in other areas that go months w.o. posts. Like the numerous "coverage" subforums within the T Mobile forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast