I have sucsesfully flashed my phone to the telus firmware. I will provide a step by step guide of what I did to do it.
- Get The LG USB drivers and Bitpim 1.0.5
Manually set up a connection, and back up your media, ringtones, and anything else you fear to lose (contacts, calender, etc)
- Get CDMA Workshop. ( Google, get from the official site)
Use this to back up your NAM, and recieve your spc code. The demo will work fine for this
- Get LGNPST Store or Lab level. Both will flash. (Google for it. 1.1 and 1.2 store are easily available and work *Moderators Note* As LGNPST Is not publically available for free download I Have removed the links as per the forum rules
- Get LGNPST VX10000 dll msi installer.
- Get The telus firmware, Look for CX91TE09_00.bin and rename it to LG91TE09.bin
Heres a step by step on how to use LGNPST for those who do not know.
- Remove your SD card
- Connect your phone to your computer and install the LG USB drivers if you have not all ready.
- Open up LGNPST, and select the com port your phone is on (Only one should be in the list unless you have more then one phone connected).
- Go to file, Select dll/driver, and choose VX10000 (Again should be the only one in the list)
- Choose your phone in the list again. Now under the provision tab, you should be able to click on the folder icon next to BIN file. Choose LG91TE09.bin.
- Click start. The whole process takes about 30 minutes.
When it's finished It will do a final reboot. You will notice some problems with the phone. (No green selection bar, etc). You can fix this by resetting the phone to default settings under the security menu.
- The phone will no longer reconize your media on your SD card. Insert your SD card into your computer, and rename all the my_pictures to MY_PICTURES. (the music seems to work fine in lower case, everything else must be upper case)
- You will no longer be able to play music, as the Telus phone has a java music player that was not included in the flash. You will need to get a friend with a Telus phone and copy it over ( along with Telus navigator, or anything else). I have not yet done this, as I do. I will post guides on how I did it.
- You can not change phone "Themes" although the Telus folks seem to be able too.
- the green menu icons are ugly, IMO.