Phones
    Exclaim
    2-Pre's
    Curve
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

How To Sell Tracfone??

Bought all new phones and want to sell sons tracfone. He has about 1500 mins on it. How do I sell it on Craigslist ? How will people be able to add more mins when it is under my name online??

Thanks

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Delete it from your account.
    Tracfones do not get much play on my local CL (I used to check daily). Maybe something will come up every week or so. Unlike T-Mobile (I'm looking for cheap refills) which will have several new postings per hour.

However I've never seen a Trac for sale with minutes on it.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The purchaser will probably need whatever personal information you've given to Tracfone in order to get a new phone number or transfer minutes to another phone. If neither you or the purchaser cares about the phone number they could just go on using it as is. But if they ever have to call CS for something they'll get grilled for your name, address and date of birth.

Feedback Score
    Here's how I would do it. The first time I sold a phone, I of course deleted the phone from my account. The new owner was unable to register the phone in his account. I called cs and had to have my name removed from the phone. When I later looked at my account, my name had been changed to "no name". Now everything says welcome, no name. I left it like this. The next time I sold a phone, I just deleted the phone from my account. I received no complaints from the buyer. I know that these people registered their phones because if I try to register them myself, it says that they are already registered to another account. Plus, some of their info was showing up in my account. So change your name to "no name" and delete the phone (doesn't have to be in that order). I think you will be fine.

The phones may still be associated with me in some manner, but at least they could switch accounts.

Phones
    Exclaim
    2-Pre's
    Curve
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thanks now to figure out how much to sell it for. Ds got a new number on his new phone so the tracfone will sell with number.

Feedback Score
    Maybe someone is willing to pay 10˘ a minute.

Carriers
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 25jive1
    Delete it from your account.
    Tracfones do not get much play on my local CL (I used to check daily). Maybe something will come up every week or so. Unlike T-Mobile (I'm looking for cheap refills) which will have several new postings per hour.

However I've never seen a Trac for sale with minutes on it.
    I've sold three Tracs on our CL, but it was slow-going. Had to re-list most of them and learned to price them so I could cut a deal with the buyer.
    Simyo prepaid SIM card for Germany (& Europe) FS; please PM for details.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    I have sold piles and piles of minutes and fones on ebay and none on craigslist. 9 cents per min is a good price point to sell at. But you also need to factor in the service end date. A fone with 2-3 yrs of service days is worth more than a fone with 2-3 months of service days. Also a loaded T301 will fetch a few more bucks than a loaded c139. I always list with a buy it now price and allow best offers. I start my BIN price at over 10 cents per min and work from there. Not sure if I ever had to relist a loaded fone..........(The last loaded T301 I sold went for over 12.5 cents per min before fee's)

Most recently I sold (on ebay) my last 3 tracs, 2 loaded and one new in the package. Flipped em for a BB Pearl and a Samsung Omnia to activate on Page Plus.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    Most recently I sold (on ebay) my last 3 tracs, 2 loaded and one new in the package. Flipped em for a BB Pearl and a Samsung Omnia to activate on Page Plus.
    Good Luck with Page Plus. I have been trying to port my Trac to PP and their phone system has been "all circuits are busy" for a week that I know of. Probably been longer than that. Have been getting emails from them telling me to call their 800 number ("all circuits are busy") or call them from my PP mobile phone. What Idiots---duh, the phone isn't activated and I want to port my number.

I actually sent them a FAX today cause they seem to be doing a good job of not allowing anyone to speak with a human being. Let's see if they can "read" the fax.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1
    Good Luck with Page Plus. I have been trying to port my Trac to PP and their phone system has been "all circuits are busy" for a week that I know of. Probably been longer than that. Have been getting emails from them telling me to call their 800 number ("all circuits are busy") or call them from my PP mobile phone. What Idiots---duh, the phone isn't activated and I want to port my number.

I actually sent them a FAX today cause they seem to be doing a good job of not allowing anyone to speak with a human being. Let's see if they can "read" the fax.
    I have the BB up and running on PP already. Been using it for a couple weeks now. The Omnia will allow me to use web and mms. Also hoping to use QNC for slow but free web. I have called PP cs a few times and have had to do redial 10-15 times to get through and then wait on hold for 10 mins or so. I hear that the cs lines are flooded do to the massive amount of users switching to PPC.

I still have one net10 fone that I use. It is a VA lg300 (gsm) that I am actually using through a cdma only booster for on the road. Surprised that it works. I have full bars everywhere. Of course I am also probably frying my brain with the hi-power radio waves........to the delight of a few here I would imagine.