Phones
    SCH A-950
    Krzr K1M (Verizon)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

VX9200 (ENV3) not recognized by PC

Ok,

After spending a few hours with my new phone I am semi convinced I have a small issue getting my PC to recognize the phone as a USB mass storage device. It is a Verizon phone brand new 9-15-09

I downloaded the driver from the LG website as suggested in the manual, used the USB cable that came in the box, and started to hook up the unit. It goes through the process of seeing the unit, but when i go to settings and tools, tools USB Mass storage, my PC pops up USB device not recognized. It never shows in My computer as a drive.

I do have a 2GB sandisk micro card in there, it sees my pix, music, etc..... (put on there through a reader) after formatting in the phone.

Windows XP pro.

Guy at LG help tells me the cable that came in the box with the phone will not support USB synching / data storage. It does work to charge the phone via USB ports on the computer.

Am I missing something obvious?

It's not a critical issue to have, but I sure wouldn't mind it working.

Thanks!

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whaler man
    Ok,

After spending a few hours with my new phone I am semi convinced I have a small issue getting my PC to recognize the phone as a USB mass storage device. It is a Verizon phone brand new 9-15-09

I downloaded the driver from the LG website as suggested in the manual, used the USB cable that came in the box, and started to hook up the unit. It goes through the process of seeing the unit, but when i go to settings and tools, tools USB Mass storage, my PC pops up USB device not recognized. It never shows in My computer as a drive.

I do have a 2GB sandisk micro card in there, it sees my pix, music, etc..... (put on there through a reader) after formatting in the phone.

Windows XP pro.

Guy at LG help tells me the cable that came in the box with the phone will not support USB synching / data storage. It does work to charge the phone via USB ports on the computer.

Am I missing something obvious?

It's not a critical issue to have, but I sure wouldn't mind it working.

Thanks!
    You might want to read this thread although after reading it I wouldn't know what to think if I was in your situation.

Feedback Score
    I don't know about all that! I got 2 env3, one for me, one for my wife. I use the charger and cable from one for charging, the cable from the other for conecting to my PC. After installing the LG usb drivers, I use a card reader to transfer data to the card, then put it back in the phone (simple process to take out and put in). As far as ringtones, you need to use BitPim, set your phone for Data mode, or select data when it asks you. You can find other posts with all the info you need for transfering with BitPim. Check this post for more info:

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1567544

Phones
    SCH A-950
    Krzr K1M (Verizon)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oddly enough I tried installing the driver from LG's website on another PC running XP Pro as well. Worked fine. Went back to mine, no luck.

I am convinced my PC is the issue now. The cable that comes in the box DOES work.

I think it's time after 4 years to refomat my HD and reinstall my OS. PITA I know, but it's long overdue anyways.

Phones
    SCH A-950
    Krzr K1M (Verizon)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

re: Ringtones

Wolf,

I was able to upload a bunch of MP3 sounds I had as ringtones on other phones to my card (with a card reader) in the My Sounds folder, and easily able to use them as ringtones and notification alerts.

I don't see the need for BitPM on this. I used it ALOT on my Moto Krzr K1M