Thread: Yahoo emails reappearing

Phone
    Still trying to find the perfect one :)
    Feedback Score

Yahoo emails reappearing

I've got this strange issue going on. I have Yahoo email set up through the default messaging client (I know there are others - thought I'd try this first). Overall it's working okay. But occasionally, I'll delete an email from the 5800 (phone and server) and it will show deleted. A subsequent check on Yahoo Mail from a computer shows it's gone - both from Inbox and Trash.

But then later, the email will reappear on the phone! (not on Yahoo Mail from a computer though).

What's going on? Where is the email coming from?

Phones
    Moto Cliq XT
    Nokia e63
    Many Others...
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My E63 does the same thing when using the default client and having my Yahoo mail set up as an IMAP account. When I changed it to use POP3, the problem disappeared. It was tricky to get to a manual setup screen for a Yahoo account, as it automatically would set it up as IMAP.

Phone
    Feedback Score
    Weird. I'm still curious where that deleted email is coming from. Is it stored somewhere on the phone or on Yahoo's servers but not showing up in regular Yahoo Mail?

Don't you have to be a paid subscriber to use POP3 with Yahoo?

Also, do you know if there is a way to view the regular Yahoo Mail in full version using the browser? Whether I use the native browser or Opera Mini, I can see my.yahoo, but as soon as I go to mail, it reverts to the text-only mobile version.

Phones
    N9 White
    N9 White/Black
    808 PV Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i noticed this too. for me though, i have to make sure i'm connected to the mailbox before doing the deleting, or else all it does is put a slash through the icon and shows up the next time you start it up.

Phone
    Feedback Score
    That could be it, although I did check after deleting to make sure it was gone from Yahoo by checking via computer.

I'm still trying to get the hang of connected and what that means. Sometimes it shows the Messaging app not running yet I still get notified of new email, etc.

Phones
    N9 White
    N9 White/Black
    808 PV Black
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    usually if its gone off the server, when you connect to the mailbox it usually updates itself. as for receiving it just connects briefly so the app doesnt need to be open really

Phones
    Moto Cliq XT
    Nokia e63
    Many Others...
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickC
    Weird. I'm still curious where that deleted email is coming from. Is it stored somewhere on the phone or on Yahoo's servers but not showing up in regular Yahoo Mail?

Don't you have to be a paid subscriber to use POP3 with Yahoo?

Also, do you know if there is a way to view the regular Yahoo Mail in full version using the browser? Whether I use the native browser or Opera Mini, I can see my.yahoo, but as soon as I go to mail, it reverts to the text-only mobile version.
    You do have to pay for the premium Yahoo mail to get POP3. I already was paying the $20/year prior to getting the E63. As far as where the messages are stored, I don't know. I waited a few weeks and tried setting up the client to use IMAP on my Yahoo account, and the deleted messages from weeks ago popped up again as unread!

This doesn't happen using Nokia Messaging, but there were some quirks that made Nokia Messaging an unworkable solution for me. 1: My work email is forwarded to my Yahoo account over the weekends, and Nokia Messaging simply displays them as blank messages, while the default client displays the forwarded messages. 2: Nokia Messaging would only keep the messages on my phone for a maximum of three days. I need it to keep them for a week or two. When I tried changing the time, it said it could not be changed. 3: Nokia Messaging doesn't access the phone's address book, so I still had to use the default client when sending messages to people in my address book.