Thread: Why are web pages taking so long to load?

Phone
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Why are web pages taking so long to load?

On the TP2, I figured if I was connected to wi-fi, the internet would be fast. I am just wondering why web pages are taking forever to load. Is it because of memory and CPU speed? Cause if its connected to the wifi the internet connection shouldn't be slowing it down.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe8739
    Cause if its connected to the wifi the internet connection shouldn't be slowing it down.
    I don't think that is ever true. Any wifi network can get congested too.

Phone
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well what I meant was I was just thinking it would be as fast as a laptop connected wirelessly, but I guess that is expecting too much probably!

Phones
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    LG XV8560 (Chocolate3)
    [3G] Network Extender (VZW femtocell) SWEET!
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe8739
    Well what I meant was I was just thinking it would be as fast as a laptop connected wirelessly, but I guess that is expecting too much probably!
    I'm experiencing this too. However, it's still pretty fast and way faster than my (almost absent) EVDO signal in my home.

I'm thinking it'll never be quite up to the performance of your PC's web browser. Your PC has way way more memory and cache space to work with than your TP2. Processing power too.

-Frank

Feedback Score
    The problem is usually not the load time, but the time it takes the software to render and format the page.
    If you had a copy of the web page on your PDA, it would still take a long time.

Are you using Opera or PIE. IMHO Opera is a lot faster at rendering then PIE.

Phone
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have tried both, but I was thinking that same thing with the software rendering the page. Another thing is that I am having trouble selecting links. Probably just because I am not used to a touch screen, but how exactly do you do it? I know I have to zoom in sometimes if the link is in a small area, but are you supposed to double click it? When I do that, it zooms in or out. And I have been using Opera more lately.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro2
    XV6900
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is there a way to set it so it defaults to a specific wifi network if it is available? When I am at home, I would prefer it stay connected to my home wifi network instead of using the radio for the network.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    HTC Touch Pro II
    Blackberry 8330
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Metro PCS(former), Cingular (former)
    Feedback Score
    My tp2 is really fast on Opera. The fastest ive ever had in a phone. It does take some time getting used to zooming in and then selecting the link.

Phone
    iPhone 5s 64GB (Silver)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey1475
    My tp2 is really fast on Opera. The fastest ive ever had in a phone. It does take some time getting used to zooming in and then selecting the link.
    Agreed. My TP2 on Rev. A blows my Omnia away whether it was on Wi-Fi or not. I guess for those complaining, Opera takes getting used to, it's not a capacitive screen and requires a more precise press but I'm very used to it after 5+ yrs on WM and with the combination of Rev. A, fast processor speeds and boatloads of RAM, browsing full HTML is now a dream.

Well then.

Phone
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So does it take just clicking the link once, or twice? I'm not sure if I'm doing anything by clicking it twice besides zooming, and when I do it once it doesn't work sometimes, but its probably because I missed it.

Feedback Score
    I've had a lot of trouble selecting links as well. I zoom in on a link, tap the screen and nothing. Tap again and again and...... still nothing. I've even highlighted the link using the arrows on the keyboard and hitting enter and that doesn't even work sometimes. The links seem to select easier in IE though.

Feedback Score
    Like I mentioned in another thread, the build of 9.5 that comes on all TP2's is just bad at clicking links. If you can find another build of 9.5, or upgrade to 9.7, clicking links gets a lot easier.

Phone
    iPhone 5s 64GB (Silver)
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlapeer
    I've had a lot of trouble selecting links as well. I zoom in on a link, tap the screen and nothing. Tap again and again and...... still nothing. I've even highlighted the link using the arrows on the keyboard and hitting enter and that doesn't even work sometimes. The links seem to select easier in IE though.
    Maybe you need to re-align your screen? Use the TOP end of a sewing needle.

Quote Originally Posted by iamrobk
    Like I mentioned in another thread, the build of 9.5 that comes on all TP2's is just bad at clicking links. If you can find another build of 9.5, or upgrade to 9.7, clicking links gets a lot easier.
    Although, this is true. 9.7 is much better at recognizing clicks.