Thread: Do extended batteries work?

Phone
    Samsung A310
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Do extended batteries work?

The life of the Samsung A310 battery is horrid, so I was looking at "extended batteries".

Do these work or are they a scam?

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've found they work

its a tradeoff though

slim/light/short battery vs. thick/heavy/long battery

Phones
    Nexus 5, HTC Incredible 2, Eris GB, Ozone , Moto Q9c, V750, K1m/V3m, Q & L6i GSM, E815m
    unlock/debranded SE Z750a/i, Moto i740, Nokia 3555, LG VX8100 & 4500, Mot V60s, LG VX4400/B & VX3100
    LG TM510, Samsung A310, Mot Timeport/Startac, QCP 860/700, Nokia 2160, Mot DPC 650 & Microtac XLT
    Carriers
    T-Mobile 4G LTE, AT&T, China Mobile HK
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb A310 Extended Battery

With an extended battery, you've only adding 1/4 oz. to the package, which is only 3 1/4 oz. with standard battery & no added bulk if you are using the standard or swivel OEM plastic belt clip. It's safe to say you'll get 50% more capacity with the extended A310 li-iom battery & it's money well spent.

You'll extend your real life battery life w. mix of standby & talk time from 2-3 days to 4-5 days with typical 12 to 15 hours daily usage - with even longer time on standby in a good digital area & light use (talk).

Just make sure to condition the battery if your A310 is new with several cycles of full discharge/recharge to get best use out of the battery. If you are in a solid digital coverage area & don't travel out in fringe reception or roam, you might want to set Forced Mode to CDMA only to stay with digital coverage only. Just do a search on the forum on previous tips & info on how to "tune" this phone to get better "mileage" out of it.
    4G LTE & Unl. Text, Opera Mini/Skype w. WM6.5 & WiFi access, Goggle Mobile Maps/GPS. On the Job: UHF 5W Duplex HT DTMF-PL repeater (backup: 800Mhz Motorola & Nextel portables) - private 900Mhz alpha-numeric paging net for 24/7/365 Incident Command - Is your "Go" Kit ready? Mass Transit Tips: "If you see something, say something - Call 911 !"