Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry Service Books

Phone
    Sasmsung Moment SPH-M900
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Okay, here is the deal. Apprently the books I merged with Anworm's do not do anything for us except give us BB Browser & BB Maps. All Anworms books do is make BB Browser work.
    You do not need to load the Service Books unless you need to do OTA installs using BB Browser or you need BB Maps.
    Install Opera Mini for browsing the internet. Install Google Maps if you need maps.
    You can install it via BB Desktop Manager via cable, or load the SB and use BB Browser to install Opera Mini and Google Maps.

If you have followed the steps in my BB Howto thread and these books do not make BB Browser work, there is a possiblity of 2 things.

*1. Internet is not turned on on your account. Call PP CS and say "Please turn on internet for my account"

*2. You have the wrong login info. (Go read the Blackberry Howto thread, read all posts)

Note: If When loading Service Books you pressed ALT SBEB and you didnt get a popup saying Legacy enabled. Try this method, press the following keys:

ALT
    S
    ALT
    B
    ALT
    E
    ALT
    B

If you dont get a popup saying Legacy enabled, do this instead:

ALT
    S
    S
    ALT
    B
    ALT
    E
    ALT
    B

DO NOT PRESS THE LETTERS A L T, press the ALT Button
    The ALT Button has ALT on it or an Arrow pointing up and an Arrow pointing down

Feedback Score
    hmm i did this and i think it loaded the service boks . the service record for browser conmfig says config by anworm. so it loaded. but still no working bbb, it says record is active also

Phone
    Sasmsung Moment SPH-M900
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    thanks to houseflipper for this info:

To load Service Books On the Storm press and hold num button until it locks
    You will see the lock
    Then press 4?2?
    It will show enabled.

Feedback Score
    any1 know what im doing wrong i have uppped new books but still cant use browser, i followed instructions

Phone
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Do you have an IP address? "IP address is listed on the menu accessed by dialing #4357*" from another thread. If your address is all zeroes, data is not turned on for your PP account. Another person had to call 6 times before someone in customer service turned it on correctly. If you have an IP address, the service books are not loaded correctly. If you read the other threads, the most common problem is that the phone isn't in legacy service book mode. The other threads explain this a LOT more thoroughly.

Feedback Score
    I have a quick question I am sure someone can answer. I am just curious about this. I have successfully activated my Sprint BB 8330 on Page Plus and now have voice, sms and web. I am thinking of adding the service books next. The thing is, under Mobile Network, it still lists Sprint PCS. Is this something that would be corrected with the service books or is this due to some other reason?

Phone
    Sasmsung Moment SPH-M900
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Due to some other reason.
    Simply put, its a Sprint phone.

Phone
    Sasmsung Moment SPH-M900
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    alright, just got a Curve and was playing around with MMS. I believe my service books in this post will enable MMS. So to my knowledge this will enable Blackberry Browser, Blackberry Maps and MMS. Please post results.

Browser_via_TCP_and_BBMAPS_MMS.ipd

Phone
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I believe my service books in this post will enable MMS. So to my knowledge this will enable Blackberry Browser, Blackberry Maps and MMS. Please post results.
    I was able to send an MMS to my son's Smooth, but when he "forwarded" it to me, I didn't receive it. So…it looks like I can send, but not receive, MMS with your service books. BB 8703e

Ricka
    Last edited by RickaG1; 11-01-2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    I haven't applied the service books yet and I have MMS working on my Sprint Curve. All I did was use the web settings posted for the Samsung Instinct using QPST and that got my web working, but then my friend sent me an MMS and to my surprise, I got it. I have been able to send MMS to her as well.

Carrier
    Sprint postpaid :(
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pc-tech101
    My service books do not make MMS work from what I can tell.
    THEY DID FOR ME

Quote Originally Posted by pc-tech101
    These service books make BB Browser and BB Maps work.
    and THIS is 100% for me as well

thanks a TON pc-tech... my PlusBerry will be VERY enjoyable now

Feedback Score
    Internet has not been working on my 8130. I tried all the tutorials. I attempted the #4357* code and it brings up 0.0.0.0. I called to have internet added and did the reboot. It still brings up 0.0.0.0.. What can I tell them to have this enabled correctly?

Carrier
    Sprint postpaid :(
    Feedback Score
    neurotic85.. my wife has an 8130. i applies these service books and everything works. did u follow the instructions ?? u must enable legacy restore mode, and my wife's 8130 was a bit picky getting into legacy restore mode.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I enable legacy mode. That also took me a few tries before I realized I had to hit S twice. But the box does pop up that it is enabled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neurotic85
    Yes, I enable legacy mode. That also took me a few tries before I realized I had to hit S twice. But the box does pop up that it is enabled.
    The problem you describe has nothing to do with service books, fyi. Either PP doesn't have your data enabled, still (can require a bunch of phone calls to CS until you get someone competent), or your phone settings are not right.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast