Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Simplemobile - Another unlimited GSM at $39.99?

Feedback Score
    Did you actually check out their website? There is NO About Us option or anything but the dealer app. That's it. Other wise , nobody would be asking all these questions. Look before you leap.

Feedback Score
    Wonder if they let you stack the $5 20 meg blocks? If you use one up, you buy another one? That would help a little. At least it is on a par with the Virgin Mobile 20 meg for $5 on a monthly plan setup. Could be worse. Could be by the meg like Att or even by the Kilobyte. Talk about nickeling and diming data!

Still a better deal then ANY other gsm prepaid/mvno out there today.
    Even at 49.99 for unlimited talk/411/US-Intl. text and 20 megs data/mms.

Funny, how some companies like Verizon, Att and Virgin Mobile consider mms a part of texting/messaging while these guys consider mms part of data. Then again, PPC and Straight Talk has a split policy. Their limited plans count messaging as either sms or mms. While on their unlimited plans, mms is a part of the data pack.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    This will be much ado about nothing if T-Mobile comes out with an unlimited plan for $50 direct.

Feedback Score
    Well, the new unlimited Let Freedom Ring plan from Att looks good too. It costs more ,but has unlimited mms which Simple Mobile does not.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid
    This will be much ado about nothing if T-Mobile comes out with an unlimited plan for $50 direct.
    But, will they offer the same coverage as To Go has?
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score

Relativity of US Gsm Nationwide coverage.

Well. Lets see.
    Tmobile Pay Go is almost as good as Tmo postpaid. 97% as good in fact. I would say Tmo Pay go probably kills Att Gophone.

Att Pick your plan, on the other hand , reflects Att postpaid, I would say that would best Tmo Pay Go.

On the other hand Att Gophone would beat Tmo prepaid Gsm mvno Tuyo and maybe Simple too.

1)Att Pick Your Plan . Best gsm coverage.
    2)Tmobile Pay Go.
    3)Att Gophone/mvno.
    4)Tmobile Mvno.

That is the order that I would rank them according to the coverage maps currently available for each plan.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I mentioned some things like at $50 TMo won't have like roaming for free and 10gb data or massive phone subsidies (with these gone so goes the contract) in the TMo forum thread and no one responded to it.

Cut the rate more than in half and most if not all of that goes away. Data will be capped much lower, roaming restricted and no more subsidy for phones at that price point. Why bother with a contract for this plan? Pay a month in advance and restrict international calling and 411.

Maybe they go back to something like their regional plans with long distance included, a 2gb data cap, unlimited text & mms with a roaming fee outside the regional area. Its going to be modeled after the original Boost cdma imo.

But really SimpleMobile will be a puff of smoke if this is available with no contract or on flexpay.

Feedback Score
    I agree with that. Page Plus would be eating mud too if the same plan was on Verizon prepaid because of the brand name recognition.

Sprint , Verizon and Att have all shored up prepaid on both their own brands and their mvnos . Tmobile has made NO major moves in months and actually cut its Sidekick data plan availability to non SK owners, which was real popular for awhile.

Tmobile's Simple Mobile plan has been the ONLY signs of life from their camp.
    Unless Project Black or whatever they are ranting about on Post Paid Tmo will change the game in some way for Tmo, not just in pre/flexpay but overall.

I see Att's new $60 Let Freedom Ring plan as being very much hurtful to Tmo, as it uses Att's very well known brand name directly and adds unlimited mms and intl texting. Something Air Simple Mobile does not have and something Voice/H2o does not have.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, TMo is boxed in from all directions.

Seems evident that 'project black' will come to fruition. They signed nda's yesterday and had training. Today they blurbed all about it. The devil is in the details though. So we'll see.

All the MVNO plans we know as unlimited though include no roaming which hurts all except PP and ST quite a bit. None really throw a massive subsidy at new user phone purchases.

I look at it like this PP has the best MVNO coverage and at $37.50 is a real bargain. The only way I spend more than that is for data, Boost cdma, Platinumtel or this new TMo offering. YMMV based on coverage because w/o coverage who cares what features it has at any price. I am lucky to live in an area where all 4 carriers have great native coverage, Metro is available (bad coverage right now though) and where both Clear and Cox wireless are on the way. I think Cox will end up with a Metro like offering so that could be interesting also for me.

I never thought competition would evolve so fast. After T-Mo does this Sprint responds and the other two have to follow at some point. In a few years one or more will be cash strapped and like MCI/Worldcom go bankrupt, reorganize and lower rates for real.

Phones
    Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus
    Nexus S
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    web site is up.
    www.mysimplemobile.com.
    We'll see what is the catch....

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    $50 gets unlimited talk & text & 20MB data, but "double your data to 40MB for additional $5 per month".

Phones
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Page Plus: Palm Pixi +
    AT&T:HP Pre3
    Feedback Score
    Holy crap! Did they copy their FAQ from defunct Amp'd mobile?

How does a customer make payments online with a debit card? Debit card payments can be processed online via “My Account.”
    1. Go to get.ampd.com and select My Account
    2. Log in with your user ID and password
    3. Click on Make a Payment
    4. Fill in the debit card information as shown
    http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple-Mobile-FAQs.aspx
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Phone
    Samsung t409, Samsung Gravity TXT, and Nokia Lumia 710
    Carrier
    T-Mobile GSM/3G/4G/UMA (voice/text/data)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johncase3
    Holy crap! Did they copy their FAQ from defunct Amp'd mobile?

http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple-Mobile-FAQs.aspx
    Maybe it is the defunct Amp'd Mobile people!
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Feedback Score
    Well, at least they finally got their website up. Notice all their phones are Alcatels. That brand is known in EU but I think most Americans have no idea what they are. No prices though. O2 Locus gsm had one for like 9.99 I think.

Better deal then Air Voice/H2O if you live in a Tmobile strong area.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The head guy at the distributor originally fielding calls on the toll free number was a big wig at AMP'd. I found his resume on Linked.

Quote Originally Posted by tmobiley
    Maybe it is the defunct Amp'd Mobile people!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast