Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: getting photos off a Katana LX

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfHearts11 View Post
    dvanheeckeren, you are a genius! Thank you so much.. would have never in a million years figured this out on my own. Had pictures on this Katana Lx phone since 2009. Bought a usb cable thinking that I'd easily be able to get pics off of it just from the cable.. was disappointed when I couldn't. I have pictures of my Grandmother and my Aunt and my dog who have all passed away.. So i really wanted the pics off there.. Very happy I was able to follow your directions..As i am NOT tech savvy at all. just wanted to thank you personally. Love you!
    Thanks so much for your reply, it's nice to know that it's helped even a few people.

I'm genuinely sorry for your losses, and I'm glad you were able to retrieve the pictures. I know how much pictures mean to me, so I definitely feel where you're coming from.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dvanheeckeren View Post
    ::Sanyo Katana LX (SCP3800)::

Ok, after days of fooling with it, here's how to get pics off (and this ONLY gets pics and can get or send NOTHING else!) And DataPilot does NOT work.

1) buy a usb cable for it. I got mine for less than $5 including shipping from amazon.com

2) then install the Susteen SCP-3810 drivers. It says it's a modem driver...just trust me. After this is installed you can charge from your usb cable also.

3) download and install latest bitpim. I'm using 1.0.7

4) in bitpim, go to edit - settings and choose phone type SCP3200 (yes, I know it's an SCP3800). click browse in com port and choose whichever comport is associated with 'Susteen USB cable port"

5) get data from phone, and choose ONLY wallpapers or you'll get an error.

WARNING: Always make sure you plug phone into the SAME USB port you used to begin with. If not, you'll have a nightmare headache trying to fix it...this is also from experience.
    I created an account too just to say thanks for passing this information on to us. I installed the Susteen drivers. I installed bitpim but had a problem with a DLL file, but I found help for that as well, downloading a different version did the trick. Anyway, got the bitpim installed an running and your instructions got it to recognize the phone.

Again - thanks for a working solution!

Feedback Score
    dvanheeckeren,

THANK YOU 6 years later!! I finally switched to a smart phone and was completely baffled about how to get the photos off the Katana phone. Your instructions were great and it worked. In case any other old dinosaurs (like me) are still trying to figure this out, here is where I found the Susteen SCP-3810 drivers without a bunch of malware: depositfiles . com / files / s6opo1isg (take out the spaces)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2