Thread: Help! Lost PIN for Net 10...need refill

Feedback Score

Help! Lost PIN for Net 10...need refill

Bought the LG300 phone (works well) as backup/call forward phone and noticed my time expired. When at Net10 website, it wants a PIN to proceed. How do I find my PIN...on the phone itself? Tried calling C/S at Net10 and hung up after a LONG hold time. Their FAQ's don't show a PIN retrieval either. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Do you mean the PIN that is on an airtime card? You would need a card in order to reactivate the phone. The card has a PIN on it to prove that it is real. If you buy airtime online, there is no PIN.

Feedback Score
    The cheapest way to get a card is by getting a "package deal" if one is available in your zip code. See what phones you can buy at Net10.com and look for deals combining a phone with an airtime card. You can get a phone with 300 minutes plus a card with an additional 300 minutes for less than a 300 minute card will cost in a store. If you like that phone better, you can transfer your number to it. When you buy online, use the discount codes 44477 and 34567 to get $8 off. Choose FedEx 3-day shipping to get free shipping.

If you need the security code for your phone, it's usually 0000 when you first get it. That won't give you airtime, though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdGrey
    The cheapest way to get a card is by getting a "package deal" if one is available in your zip code. See what phones you can buy at Net10.com and look for deals combining a phone with an airtime card. You can get a phone with 300 minutes plus a card with an additional 300 minutes for less than a 300 minute card will cost in a store. If you like that phone better, you can transfer your number to it. When you buy online, use the discount codes 44477 and 34567 to get $8 off. Choose FedEx 3-day shipping to get free shipping.

If you need the security code for your phone, it's usually 0000 when you first get it. That won't give you airtime, though.

Thanks guys.. Ed, are you saying to buy new phone w/minutes card and use the card for my phone? If so, sounds good, especially with discount. Will there be any conflict when using card on previously activate phone? Also in the event of damaging my phone, could I just then swap out the SIM to the other phone?

Feedback Score
    When you first power up the phone, the serial number records onto the sim. Then you can't use the sim in another phone. So the new phone comes with its own sim. You can transfer the phone number and minutes to the new phone. But you cannot transfer any of the free 300 minutes without risking your phone getting killed. They are supposed to be for the original phone only. You can transfer only paid minutes.

A card will reactivate a phone as long as it hasn't been more than 30 or 60 days (I forget) in order to keep your minutes and phone number. If you need a new number, you will need a new sim (it's free).

Feedback Score
    The card works with any Net10 phone, not just the phone it comes with.

Feedback Score
    Ed, thanks for the heads up on the Net10 phone/card deal..ordered one. Hopefully the card will load my phone!

I now realize the "PIN" number is the card ID number...doh!

Feedback Score
    Once you've turned on a Net10 phone when it has a SIM card in it, you can't use that SIM card in another phone. Otherwise, you often can.

The PIN number on the card is the one that you have to do a scratch-off to see. It's 5 groups of 3 digits.

Feedback Score
    OK, the refurb phone w/ 300 minute card will be here tomorrow. Since I have the new Moto slider and have previously added a $30. card, am I safe to use the card that came with the refurb purchased online from Net10? I plan on NOT turning on the phone at all (although not sure what that accomplishes other than locking the SIMM to the phone..if I have it right?)

Yeah or ney on adding these minutes? Not a big deal either way as my prepaid phones are all my backup/call forwarded numbers from my pda phone and Google voice...although I do like the new Moto over the 2 LG300's.

Thanks to all for the great wealth of good info here...I refer this site to others often.

Feedback Score
    Turning on the phone is supposed to lock the SIM card to that phone only, so then you couldn't move the SIM to another phone.

You should be able to use the card with any Net10 phone, though who knows what kind of policy change they'll make in the future? And they seem to hold people responsible if their past behavior violates a current policy that didn't yet exist in that past. This is where Net10 both sucks and is evil. They're also painting themselves into a corner of not being able to revoke ridiculous policies, because I think then they'd have to compensate their victims.

But - to mess with card use, they'd have to recognize the PIN number and know where it came from.

From previous policy, their logic seems to be that you're only paying for the physical device, and everything else is free. You're not supposed to be able to transfer "free" minutes from one phone to another, but the "free" card minutes aren't yet subject to that restriction.

I think we're going to have to examine Schroedinger's Cat in order to understand all this better - that and the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland, and a scoop of Catch-22 and Kafka. Maybe we can turn Net10 into the logical robot from Star Trek that self-destructed in the face of contradiction.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Someone has reported when talking with CS that the CS person knew the pin number of the card that came free with their phone. No one has reported any problem with using the free card on another phone.

Feedback Score
    Did they know the PIN number before the covering was scratched off?

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdGrey
    Did they know the PIN number before the covering was scratched off?
    Yes, on three different occasions.

Feedback Score
    Ok, phone and card received, scratched off the PIN, entered into Moto phone and shazam...300 minutes and 60 days added. So far so good.

Feedback Score
    I know how they got the PIN. At the very bottom of the back of the card, below the scratch-off area, is a bar code and a 9-digit number. This number must be unique. I have 3 cards in front of me with 3 different numbers.

(On the front of the card is a bar code and number that's the same on all these cards.)