Thread: Switching Devices With The "Device Switch Wizard"

Phones
    Nokia E71-2
    AT&T Bold
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Switching Devices With The "Device Switch Wizard"

Can someone please tell me what exactly what the Device Switch Wizard Does? Does it save and transfer all your settings, ringtones, and pictures and so on? Does it wipe the old Blackberry after using the Device Switch Wizard? I might be switching from a used Bold to a new Bold. Thanks

Phone
    BlackBerry 9700
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The switch device wizard will back up all of your data and applications (including over the air applications). Hopefully you have your pictures on a microSD card. If they are in memory (on the old Bold) they will be copied.,

The old device will NOT be wiped.

Carrier
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I use it primarily to swap between my BB's, and the great thing about it is my BB contacts don't even know it when I'm using a different device. Of course you have to remember to update your pin at the BIS site afterward.

Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The Device Switch Wizard is one of the many areas that RIM did a fantastic job with. It makes switching devices almost effortless.

Phone
    RAZR Maxx ve
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When it is all done it DOES give you the OPTION to wipe the old device....Used this wonderful piece of software to get my Tour online, my old Pearl to my wife and her Curve to #1Daughter.. bing-bang-boom, DONE!
    I love my iPhone.