Thread: Samsung Solstice A887 And Outlook

Phones
    Nokia E71-2
    AT&T Bold
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Samsung Solstice A887 And Outlook

Will the new Samsung Solstice A887 sync with Microsoft Outlook saving my Address book, task, notes and so on? Thanks

Feedback Score
    whats the pros & cons on the samsung solstice?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilewoman1
    Will the new Samsung Solstice A887 sync with Microsoft Outlook saving my Address book, task, notes and so on? Thanks
    Yes... Although I was not able to get it to work with bluetooth, but it works great with a USB cable (Bought it on eBay for $2.00 shipped!).

Feedback Score
    no, it's not available for samsung solstice yet.

Feedback Score
    What's not available? Synching with MS Outlook?

Of course it is... and it works.. I do it a few times a week. Like I said above, all you need is a USB cable (couldn't get bluetooth to work), and Samsung's "New PC Studio" software available for download here. Click the "Software" link under the "Downloads" tab.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jam269v2

Of course it is... and it works.. I do it a few times a week. Like I said above, all you need is a USB cable (couldn't get bluetooth to work), and Samsung's "New PC Studio" software available for download here. Click the "Software" link under the "Downloads" tab.
    I have the cable. I have the software. My phone is connected to the software. But how do I now get my outlook contacts into my phone?

Feedback Score
    1) Make sure bluetooth is turned OFF on your phone

2) Connect USB Cable to Phone & PC

3) Phone should ask you to "Select USB Mode"
    --- Select "PC Studio"
    -- If it does NOT ask, then, on the phone:
    Menu --> Settings --> Connectivity --> Select USB Mode --> Ask On Connection --> Save.

4) Launch Samsung's "New PC Studio" software

5) It should find & connect to the phone

6) Click the "Communicator" icon at the bottom (Looks like a cellphone & envelope)

7) This view should have a "Phonebook" window

8) On that window click the "menu" button. 3rd button from the right at the top of the "Phonebook" window.

9) Go to "Sync Settings" & make sure "Synch between Outlook and Phonebook" is checked off. Click OK.

10) Click Synch button (Bottom left) of the "Phonebook" window, and it should do the rest...

Feedback Score

limit to calendar entry size?

Does anyone also know if when you sync FROM the Outllook to the phone if the calendar entries are limited in their length? When I type in calendar entries on my phone there is a limit to how many characters they can be. This seems like it would present a great inconvenience if the entries made in Outlook became abbreviated when they were transfered to the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifervt View Post
    Does anyone also know if when you sync FROM the Outllook to the phone if the calendar entries are limited in their length? When I type in calendar entries on my phone there is a limit to how many characters they can be. This seems like it would present a great inconvenience if the entries made in Outlook became abbreviated when they were transfered to the phone.
    i encountered the same problem