Thread: Straight Talk MMS Problems

Phones
    W385
    LG620G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk MMS Problems

This has been going on for about a week now for me. I can receive MMS messages with no problem, however i'm unable to send MMS messages and i get a fail to send message on my phone every time regardless of the message size. I was having no problems sending MMS about a week ago.

I have the W385 on the 1000 min, 1000 text plan and have plenty of data available on my account.

Just trying to figure out if other users have been experiencing this problem.

Thanks

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Same problem here, about a week. My internet never worked, after 15 calls and escalation tickets always same run around, " we will call you in 24-48hrs to resolve your issue" , they NEVER do. Finally got fed up and switched to PagePlus they both use verizon, and your phone will work with PagePlus.

Phones
    W385
    LG620G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Two days ago, I was able to send MMS again so looks like there was a problem on their end.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, switch over to the new Page Plus ST 1000 killer plan. 1200 minutes/1200 messages/sms/mms/ 50 megs data for 29.95. NO TAX. Coming October 9. I would give it extra time for possible delays though. They are still swamped with the demand for unlimited.

Bring your ST phone. lol.

You might need to work at getting data on it though. MMS should work fine. The W385 has been proven to work with PPC, talk/text/mms. The Razr too, but it needs more work apparently. Take care.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz
    Yeah, switch over to the new Page Plus ST 1000 killer plan. 1200 minutes/1200 messages/sms/mms/ 50 megs data for 29.95. NO TAX. Coming October 9. I would give it extra time for possible delays though. They are still swamped with the demand for unlimited.

Bring your ST phone. lol.

You might need to work at getting data on it though. MMS should work fine. The W385 has been proven to work with PPC, talk/text/mms. The Razr too, but it needs more work apparently. Take care.
    Is there any benefit to ST at this point? They operate on the same network, so I'm not seeing it.

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Is this coverage USA coast to coast or just limited areas..?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Do they have roaming agreements to increase the coverage area and does it deduct more when roaming?

Feedback Score

A Nickel's worth of difference...

Let's add it up. Straight Talk 1000 vs. Page Plus Talk/Text 1200.

ST: 1000 minutes PPC 1200 minutes. Advantage: PPC
    ST: 1000 sms/mms PPC 1200 sms/mms. Advantage: PPC
    ST: 20 megs data. PPC: 50 megs data. Advantage: PPC
    ST:411 included. PPC: No 411. But you can call many different toll free 411 numbers. Advantage: ST.

ST: 3 Phones selection. PPC: Almost every Verizon, Ampd , oh yeah AND STRAIGHT TALK phone ever made. Advantage: Guess who?
    And for the adventurous, you can flash almost any cdma phone over to PPC too.

ST:You have to pay taxes. PPC: No taxes. Advantage: PPC

ST: NO ROAMING. PPC: Roaming areas from Alltel merger included for no additional charge. Also, roaming beyond normal carrier coverage also available for a fee. Advantage: PPC.

It six out of seven comparison items, PPC bests ST.

I would say it is the better deal. Hands down. Almost every time.

And if you want to really split hairs, not only does PPC TnT 1200 give you more then ST 1000 (unless you are a 411 maniac), it does so five cents cheaper. ST: $30.00 PPC: 29.95. Advantage : PPC.

A small difference that makes a big difference when you consider all the extra stuff you get for the same money, 200 minutes/200 mms/sms/30 megs data and the way more phone choices , all for a nickel less! LOL.

Feedback Score
    i need help. i just bought a service plan for fourtyfive dollars and i can get ont the internet, but i cant get my mms pic messages to come in or send them. its for the lg 420 any advice