Thread: NAM2 LOCKOUT MEID HEX # SOLVED. (Covered with a SAMUNG ROGUE)

Phone
    Samsung Rogue SCH-U960
    Carrier
    Verizon, from AT&T Recently.
    Feedback Score

NAM2 LOCKOUT MEID HEX # SOLVED. (Covered with a SAMUNG ROGUE)

So the story begins that I've just switched from att to verizon because well I hate att. Regardless i've never been on a CDMA network and i'm never seen anything called a NAM before. Keep in mind I've had nothing but SIM Cards for the past 5 years.

So I'm playing around with my settings and low and behold I come across NAM Select on my Samsung Rogue (SCH-U960) and have no idea what it is. Being the inquisitive person I am I switch it to the only other option available "NAM 2", (and of course previously I had changed the phone to lock itself upon rebooting/starting) Immediately the phone resets itself, thinking nothing of it. Here's the fun part.

SO I CALL VERIZON. Haha. Ok, yeah so they were at least nice to me while I was keeping composure, but that didn't last long, I could detect incompetence. TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER: I've been put on hold to tech support where they run me through the book-fed codes such as "0000" "1234" and etc, to include the last four of the phone number (Yet when selecting NAM2, the phone is NOT programmed to use that code) Long story short I get mad at the dumb tech guy and hang up the phone because he's telling me that i'm going to have to send my phone in UNDER WARRANTY.

I knew better.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX YOUR PHONE: Your first step is going to be to find a HASH CALCULATOR such as HashCalc. Step 2 is simply to ensure that you calculate the SHA-1 for the MEID HEX number located on the back of your phone under the battery. When doing this ensure that you are inputing the data as HEX data. Take the last _6_ characters from this calculated sha-1 sum. You will use this to find your unlock code by adding 80 in front of those to get something that looks like 80XXXXXX. This number you will enter into the Windows Calculator (OR any scientific calculator that can conver HEX to DEC) As stated from here you enter this 7 digit hex code into the calculator and select the DEC radio button afterward. It will convert the number to decimal format. USE THE LAST 4 OF THIS NUMBER TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE.... THIS IS YOUR UNLOCK CODE.

I was so shocked that this information was not on this forum that I had to add it myself. I did not discover this myself but rather paraphrased from another website. (I'd site the website but I've lost the address). Hopefully from here no one else will waste their time with such a busted tech support like Verizon's. (Go download a hash calc verizon....holy crap.)

[edit/]Information cited from: http://www.kevinski.com/viewtopic.php?id=268[edit/]
    Last edited by Xenith; 09-29-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Feedback Score
    ummmmm is it a 7 digit hex code u enter for into windows calc or an 8 digit number....i clearly see 8 digits there...unless im not getting something

Carriers
    Metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    ehr nam is so you can add more than 1 number to a phone, cant be used at the same time,
    exaple in nam1
    phone number 2444444444
    switch to nam 2
    phone resets
    nam 2 phone number 2444445432

Carriers
    Metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Hey its the esn, not the meid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carriers
    Metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    My mistake.... (

Feedback Score
    when i added the 80 it gave me the pseudo esn. i can find that on a samsung phone by dialing, #helphelp* even if it is locked. yours is good info however, thank you..

Feedback Score
    Man you just saved my life i have been trying to unlock this damn phone for 2 days and nothing has worked but this one did thanks man forever greatful

Feedback Score

help please

where do i put the code on the phone?

Feedback Score
    The entry #helphelp* is the miracle I was looking for. Thanks