Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problem Adding Airtime Card

Feedback Score

Problem Adding Airtime Card

I tried to add 300 minutes from a card on Saturday, and it never got added, so the phone still had zero minutes and about 50 days. I (foolishly?) tried another card yesterday, and that one didn't work, either. I tried calling for help, and they had an automated system for entering codes. However, the codes were rejected by the phone as invalid. And the phone started showing the message "Prepaid Service Disabled" on the main screen.

Then I went online. I think I chose the "Activate/Reactivate" option. I got a single line of codes that were accepted by the phone. The "Disabled" message went away, but the phone still had zero minutes. When I tried again later, I got an error message that said the phone was already activated. When I tried again with a PIN from one of the cards I tried before, I got another line of codes, but it was also rejected by the phone as invalid. When I tried calling for help again, the automated system gave me the same invalid codes that I got online. And the "Prepaid Service Disabled" message came back.

I tried doing this a few times, entering one or both of the PIN's, but always getting the same worthless line of codes. Now when I try, I get a failure message telling me to call customer service.

I sent an email last night to the "real" service person at HQ in Florida, so maybe I'll get some help. I am extremely reluctant to call the regular customer service and waste more hours on this.

Has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone have any other suggestions?

Feedback Score
    I know how frustrating things can get.

There is a number for the Miami office: 1-800-876-5753. If that doesn't do any good, there is Elston at elombillo @ tracfone . com. He is their expert, and he actually answers email.

Feedback Score
    That's where I sent my email. I guess I'll just wait, but the phone is for someone who's visiting, and time is running out.

Feedback Score
    Try the phone number. These people are not the regular ones. If you get that fuzzy, awful connection, the call was bumped outsource. Call again until you get a regular US connection.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Had you entered you s/n on the tech sup page on the website (the first time rather than activate) you may have gotten different results.

When you get "ppd disabled" on the fone due to entering the wrong codes too many times you can always go to the tech sup page, enter your s/n and get the codes to fix it.

The card pins will now show as not valid because the trac/net10 system shows them as being used already (on your handset). The problem is that your handset has not received the airtime.

I would try the tech support route on the website and if that does not work then call cs. They will see that the card pins were added. You will need to show them that the airtime was not received.

(Is it me or does it seem that many people spend more time and energy trying to avoid calling cs than they would spend if they just made the call in the first place??)

Feedback Score
    I have had a similar problem. The tech support page thinks everything is fine because the cards went through. It can't tell that the phone shows zero. So I have had to call. One time, regular cs insisted I wait 72 hours. That is nuts, so I waited until a weekday and called Miami.

Feedback Score
    The last time they gave me that boilerplate "72 hour" BS, I said I didn't have 72 hours, and they fixed the problem.

I hadn't realized that you could get automated help in the online customer service - I thought it was just for sending them a message asking for help. I went to the online customer service and got one line of codes to enter, which were valid. Then it asked for Parameters 43, 41, and 42, and then asked me to send a text message to myself, which was impossible, since I had zero minutes left.

Since I reported that I couldn't receive my message, it told me that I'd get a call from them to help, but without minutes, the call won't go through. I don't think it's a good idea to use up another airtime card.

So I'm further along, but still stuck.

Feedback Score
    By the way, why would two cards fail so spectacularly? They were both packaged with refurbed LG 300G phones. I scratched the card to get the PIN numbers, so it's not as though I found used cards in the street.

Feedback Score
    I think you will have to find a landline to call them.

Feedback Score
    If I don't get an email reply on Thursday, I'll call their HQ at 1-800-876-5753.

Feedback Score
    1. Power the phone down
    2. Remove the battery
    3. Insert the battery
    4. Power the phone up
    5. Wait for network detection

What are the results?

Feedback Score
    Removing the battery didn't make a difference. Then I tried removing the battery with the phone powered up, and that didn't change anything, either, when I powered it back up.

Feedback Score
    I called the 800 number, and they discovered that the first card had gotten applied to another phone bought by the same person! They gave me enough info to figure out which phone that is (area code and last digit of phone #) , so I can add codes and get the minutes applied there. Why it would get applied to the wrong phone is a mystery, since I originally entered the PIN directly from the phone. The only thing I can think of is that when I activated some phones, I sometimes had two browser windows open and was trying to do two activations at once. That may have goofed up the activation, crossing some information in some way.

The second card got applied to right phone, but I needed to enter some codes.

Here are some hints for future reference:

1) If you're activating a bunch of phones online, do one at a time - don't try to "multitask" with two browser windows.

2) Write the serial number and phone number on your receipt.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad you got everything straightened out. I believe that the website uses cookies for important things, so if you have two windows open, maybe the cookies cross-react. It might also be wise to clear out the browser between activations. Keeping records is a good idea. Now aren't you glad you called? Some of the customer service is decent.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Multi-tasking by having more than one activation window open at a time.....hmmmmm......
    I'm not sure why one would even consider doing that when there are no delays in the activation process. At what point were you actually finding the process so slow as to allow you time to jump over to the next window to enter info there?
    OR, were you really just playing around trying to find a new way to game the system? I'll drink to that!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast