Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toronto TELUS sales reps, HTC Training on the 25th!

Feedback Score

Toronto TELUS sales reps, HTC Training on the 25th!

Something tells me the Hero is launching very shortly. And don't forget to finish your HSPA training by Nov. 3rd, that is very important as well.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Judging by your username, you are here to create "hype"...
    Please tell me I'm wrong and you are actually providing accurate information.

Feedback Score
    I know, but I'm actually serious. The inventory at the stores shows the htc hero already in it. Confirmed from Toronto eaton cnetre location, plus today employees were sent a save the date htc training announcement! It certainly can only mean one of two good things, either window mobile 6.5 or more likely new hero which should be demonstrated on the 25th. I am sure others can confirm.

Phones
    Active: iPhone 4S (Telus), HTC Touch (Bell), BlackBerry Z10 (Rogers), Sony Xperia U (Fido)
    Retired: HTC Status, Desire HD, Diamond, P4000 / Moto Charm, W385, V2267/ BB 8520, 8220, 8310
    iPhone 3GS/ Nokia E71/ LG 8100, 520 / Audiovox 8900 / Sony Ericsson T206
    Carrier
    Telus, Bell, Rogers, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iHype
    I know, but I'm actually serious. The inventory at the stores shows the htc hero already in it. Confirmed from Toronto eaton cnetre location, plus today employees were sent a save the date htc training announcement! It certainly can only mean one of two good things, either window mobile 6.5 or more likely new hero which should be demonstrated on the 25th. I am sure others can confirm.
    Was just going to say it probably would be the Hero, especially since a CDMA version already came out with Sprint in the US.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33770450.html
    Five years on HowardsForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jgon9
    Was just going to say it probably would be the Hero, especially since a CDMA version already came out with Sprint in the US.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33770450.html

Why is it that the cdma version looks so diff?

http://www.htc.com/www/product/hero/overview.html

(I assume what i linked is the gsm version)

edit: watched the vid you linked, explained everything lol nvm

Good on telus though, to get an android phone.

Feedback Score
    Sweeet. then i can keep my $15 unlimited plan for another yr without switching to HSPA.

Phones
    Active: iPhone 4S (Telus), HTC Touch (Bell), BlackBerry Z10 (Rogers), Sony Xperia U (Fido)
    Retired: HTC Status, Desire HD, Diamond, P4000 / Moto Charm, W385, V2267/ BB 8520, 8220, 8310
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by artbungler
    Why is it that the cdma version looks so diff?

http://www.htc.com/www/product/hero/overview.html

(I assume what i linked is the gsm version)

edit: watched the vid you linked, explained everything lol nvm

Good on telus though, to get an android phone.
    Not the first time HTC has done this. Look at the HTC Diamond, GSM vs CDMA.

Phones
    HTC S640, HTC S720
    Blackberry Curve
    HTC Touch Pro w/ 6.5, Blackberry Tour
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlin0122
    Sweeet. then i can keep my $15 unlimited plan for another yr without switching to HSPA.
    why do you think that??
    it's pretty common knowledge when switching platforms the data plans differ...
    so i don't see how this would be any differerent than switching from WinMo to BB or vice versa

Phone
    HTC One (PN07120)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omen1250
    why do you think that??
    so i don't see how this would be any differerent than switching from WinMo to BB or vice versa
    Blackberrys (berries?) require special configuration to work with the RIM back-end, while most other platforms do not (there is no difference between the plans for WinMo devices and PalmOS devices). Android only really needs web access to take advantage of the various Google services, no special provisioning AFAIK, so it too should work with the 'generic' smartphone features. The situation would likely be similar if Telus were to pick up a WebOS device as well.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omen1250
    why do you think that??
    I'd say that they would be able to keep it. There's only two plans PDA and BB. People switching between Palm and WM can keep their plan, Android will be no difference. The only issue is going from any smartphone to BB, because a BB needs to be provisioned for BIS (and BES, depending on the plan.)

Feedback Score
    HTC BLOWWWSS... why do people waste their time and money? lol

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikieCGY
    HTC BLOWWWSS... why do people waste their time and money? lol
    Hey come on, that's not nice. At least HTC puts different and new OS's on their devices. Look at RIM, they're been lazy with the same crap for years now. The last major change they tried failed (looking at you Storm with your SurePress.)

Feedback Score
    im not a fan of neither now.. apple over here.. used to be blackberry.

none the less.. I will admit.. the hero's OS is indeed pretty pimp. Now if the processor can handle ALL THAT INFO.. is another thing.

Phones
    Iphones, Moto Androids
    Ifone4, WinMo7,Milestone
    Sierra 306/298
    Carriers
    Telus-Voice
    Feedback Score
    Aw comeon, I LIKE my Storm... put that card behind the battery and the surepress has been great.
    That being said, I was told so long ago that the Hero was on the way... about time. I hope it has decent reception, otherwise I'm looking forward to playing with the google offerings

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikieCGY
    im not a fan of neither now.. apple over here.. used to be blackberry.

none the less.. I will admit.. the hero's OS is indeed pretty pimp. Now if the processor can handle ALL THAT INFO.. is another thing.
    I know that feeling, just got my iPhone. It's very refreshing to use after wm and bb. I can't help but feel this is what they both need. A brand new start, not a new coat of paint. Example: Palm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast