Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: so looks like we got a sort of ProxyCap for Blackberry Now

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score

so looks like we got a sort of ProxyCap for Blackberry Now

http://aerize.com/m/

Aerize WiFiX is the app.
    seems to be working for me, with the exception of things like facebook as of now at least.
    Im betting this is going to give the BB users access to a lot more apps now.
    such as different email clients, IM clients, Nav, Ect.

I cant really think of much more I want as far as apps go at the moment so I havent tried a lot, but so far this looks pretty cool.

Its not a free app. I think its like 5 bucks to buy it. Im currently using the trial version. Most likely I will pay for it.
    I blow more than 5 bucks on a shot at the bar, so Im sure I can afford this. LOL
    Last edited by JD408; 10-07-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    Looks Like Ive gotten Google Maps to work now.

Name: Google maps

Hostname(s):
    www.google.com
    maps.google.com

Request format = http://<HOST><PORT><URI>;deviceside=true;ConnectionSetup= delayed;Connectio nUID=WAP2 Trans

(unchecked) require active WiFi

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    Gmail App Working
    ------------------------

Name: Gmail

Hostname(s):
    www.google.com
    mail.google.com

Request format = http://<HOST><PORT><URI>;deviceside=true;ConnectionSetup= delayed;Connectio nUID=WAP2 Trans

(unchecked) require active WiFi

Feedback Score
    Does the google maps work together with navigation or is there gps that is available for the blackberry?

Device(s)
    Storm 9530 flashed by me, full MMS and sometimes WAP..lol
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    googlemaps is verified working.. I wonder if the same settings could be applied to other apps to see if they work.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i got youtube to statt up but i get an error when i try to play a video. i just put www.youtube.com as the host. anybody know what else i can try?

Feedback Score
    JD408.. thanks so much for posting this. Finally I have my BB working the way I want it to.

Here's a problem I'm having tho.. I want to buy the app, but since I can't get Appworld working, there seems to be no way to buy it and get a serial. Anyone had any luck with another method?

Thanks

UPDATE: I found Appworld is not neccessary. Just put your paypal stuff and bb pin in at the aerize address and it shows the serial on the screen.
    Last edited by pbwuk; 10-14-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: figured it out

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pbwuk
    JD408.. thanks so much for posting this. Finally I have my BB working the way I want it to.

Here's a problem I'm having tho.. I want to buy the app, but since I can't get Appworld working, there seems to be no way to buy it and get a serial. Anyone had any luck with another method?

Thanks

UPDATE: I found Appworld is not neccessary. Just put your paypal stuff and bb pin in at the aerize address and it shows the serial on the screen.
    correct you can do it that way, and they are going to update that page as well to be a little more clear to people.
    I spoke with them today, and I was told that.
    Theres also another link there I guess that says something about not having paypal. Anyway, I was told this link gives you an option to purchase through mobihand.

Anyway I bought it too, but now Im trying to figure out where to input my activation code since I must be blind and am missing it

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    okay and for the noo-b does the file have to e converted or just throw it on the phone and input the serial?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GphiG
    okay and for the noo-b does the file have to e converted or just throw it on the phone and input the serial?
    No clue what file youre talking about here.

I figured out where the serial goes on mine.
    I think I didnt have the screen scrolled all the way and missed it at the bottom. You just go to the same screen where you add or remove stuff.
    At the very bottom under the backlight setting you will see a field called "Serial" , put your code in there.

Feedback Score
    Thanks JD for the information, I've been looking for something like this for a while.

I installed it last night and it worked for google maps and google apps but strangely I am having issues with the gmail app.

It will start loading then it gives me the "this program requires a working data connection..........."

yet if I go to the gmail menu and re select my account it starts to load than tells me I have a password mismatch. I know its correct, but when I re enter the password it starts to load and give me the data connection error again.

I manually configured the info in Aerize exactly as you have posted it. I also deleted and reinstalled gmail a couple times to no luck.

Any Ideas???

Thanks

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by willowpc1
    Thanks JD for the information, I've been looking for something like this for a while.

I installed it last night and it worked for google maps and google apps but strangely I am having issues with the gmail app.

It will start loading then it gives me the "this program requires a working data connection..........."

yet if I go to the gmail menu and re select my account it starts to load than tells me I have a password mismatch. I know its correct, but when I re enter the password it starts to load and give me the data connection error again.

I manually configured the info in Aerize exactly as you have posted it. I also deleted and reinstalled gmail a couple times to no luck.

Any Ideas???

Thanks
    I would probably delte the app then battery pull.
    Then I would remove the entry for gmail competely.
    install gmail app once again.
    battery pull again.
    Then go back to wifix, and set up gmail once more.

At least thats what I would try if it were me.
    Gmail should work if all is set up correctly.
    Though I think I noticed some issue with it last night.
    I think it was just connection problems happening at the time though.
    I all ready tested it once and confirmed it was working, and I havent changed anything since so Im sure it was just my metro pcs conenction having issues.
    Id try it again now, but I accidently didnt bring my phone to work today.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JD408
    I would probably delte the app then battery pull.
    Then I would remove the entry for gmail competely.
    install gmail app once again.
    battery pull again.
    Then go back to wifix, and set up gmail once more.

At least thats what I would try if it were me.
    Gmail should work if all is set up correctly.
    Though I think I noticed some issue with it last night.
    I think it was just connection problems happening at the time though.
    I all ready tested it once and confirmed it was working, and I havent changed anything since so Im sure it was just my metro pcs conenction having issues.
    Id try it again now, but I accidently didnt bring my phone to work today.
    Thanks . I deleted the app and pulled the battery . I also deleted the settings in wifix rebooted the phone and created the settings again and no luck. It frustrating since the other google app including maps work perfectly. Still a lot better than before!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by willowpc1
    Thanks . I deleted the app and pulled the battery . I also deleted the settings in wifix rebooted the phone and created the settings again and no luck. It frustrating since the other google app including maps work perfectly. Still a lot better than before!

Strange, something must be off. I just checked mine again, and it seems to be working.
    make sure you have the box checked that enables the new gmail connect in wifix
    also make sure the wifi option is unchecked for that connection I guess

Feedback Score
    So you are able to sign in and view your email? I get to the sign-in and then get the error.

I've spent all day trying to figure this out. I searched and found a few threads on possible fixes but nothing helps. One thread said it could be the service books?

First BB i've owned, so I guess I'm a noob, still trying to learn how they work. I actually paid to get this one flashed, so I dont know what they did to get it going.

Going to give this a few more tries, no big deal ,I can still access gmail through the browser I guess.

Thanks

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast