Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: so looks like we got a sort of ProxyCap for Blackberry Now

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snappysphone
    So you are able to sign in and view your email? I get to the sign-in and then get the error.

I've spent all day trying to figure this out. I searched and found a few threads on possible fixes but nothing helps. One thread said it could be the service books?

First BB i've owned, so I guess I'm a noob, still trying to learn how they work. I actually paid to get this one flashed, so I dont know what they did to get it going.

Going to give this a few more tries, no big deal ,I can still access gmail through the browser I guess.

Thanks

I can view mail. I dont even see the sign in anymore just takes me straight to inbox where I can do a send/receive.

I really dont use this app though. I strictly have it as a sort of back up app.
    I use Tiggit Mail, which is a much better app to have IMO.
    Dont need to use Wifix to use Tiggit either.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm (Full Wap & MMS)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I have google maps working, but gmail wont.

Device(s)
    bb curve 8330 (web mms vz to metro)
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    ive just recently paid some1 to do my bb8330 vrzn to metro and NONE of my apps work and i got web and mms. how can i atleast get the facebook and myspace app to work everytime i try to connect it says something about data connection not found.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JD408
    correct you can do it that way, and they are going to update that page as well to be a little more clear to people.
    I spoke with them today, and I was told that.
    Theres also another link there I guess that says something about not having paypal. Anyway, I was told this link gives you an option to purchase through mobihand.

Anyway I bought it too, but now Im trying to figure out where to input my activation code since I must be blind and am missing it
    Did you find where to put it in the end? It's in the Aerize options right at the bottom. There's a box that says serial number when you scroll down and I put it in there and that seemed to do it.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pbwuk
    Did you find where to put it in the end? It's in the Aerize options right at the bottom. There's a box that says serial number when you scroll down and I put it in there and that seemed to do it.
    yep I got it, I mentioned it in one of my posts on the previous page so all is good now

Device(s)
    Storm 9530 flashed by me, full MMS and sometimes WAP..lol
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I'm currently working on getting Gmail app to work, but I already have Google Maps running.

I'm currently on .328 OS (very nice and stable system no leaks since installed)

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rxu
    I'm currently working on getting Gmail app to work, but I already have Google Maps running.

I'm currently on .328 OS (very nice and stable system no leaks since installed)
    lucky, strange thing for me is since the upgrade to OS 5.0, my Wifix doesnt apear to work anymore. google maps, and gmail are dead for me

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    well i'm getting the "no data ....." error and then after reconnecting the account it says incorrect login.

Just like the other person who reported that. But after some consideration this gmail app won't look good on my storm as I can't landscape mode to work so I will have a terribly small screen.

My next attempt will be with the facebook app..wish me luck...

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    well i'm getting the "no data ....." error and then after reconnecting the account it says incorrect login.

Just like the other person who reported that. But after some consideration this gmail app won't look good on my storm as I can't landscape mode to work so I will have a terribly small screen.

My next attempt will be with the facebook app..wish me luck...
    you ladnscape by disabling compatibility mode.
    Face book app wont work unless Wifix comes out with a version to handle https/ssl connections.
    Still though I would think gmail would be the same thing, but I had that running on os .148 so who knows

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    You were right JD, Facebook was a negative. What we really need is something to emulate the BIS either on some website were we can pay like a small yearly fee and register our PIN's there and have them emulate Blackberry servers, or some app that will take care of it locally on the phone itself.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    You were right JD, Facebook was a negative. What we really need is something to emulate the BIS either on some website were we can pay like a small yearly fee and register our PIN's there and have them emulate Blackberry servers, or some app that will take care of it locally on the phone itself.
    I believe you would still need to have something with RIM.
    I have a BES server at work, and for the heck of it I tried to get my phone added in there, but could never complete an activation.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I guess it's a great bussines tactic to ensure security, not soo much for the end user but to make sure they will always keep their wallets full.

But it screws up anybody who diverts from the typical PIN association. Maybe i'll bite the bullet with verizon when the Storm2 hits the market, it's frustrating to have a nice phone and not reap the ebenfits of it. I didn't want a storm just to say I have one I wanted the email and the freedom to run any app available at any time.

/end rant

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Feedback Score
    I guess it's a great bussines tactic to ensure security, not soo much for the end user but to make sure they will always keep their wallets full.

But it screws up anybody who diverts from the typical PIN association. Maybe i'll bite the bullet with verizon when the Storm2 hits the market, it's frustrating to have a nice phone and not reap the ebenfits of it. I didn't want a storm just to say I have one I wanted the email and the freedom to run any app available at any time.

/end rant
    Storm 2 is already out. Go check Verizon website.
    Think it went on sale the 26th or 27th

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Good to hear, but until I get some hands on time with it i'll keep it in the wish list. And carefull I don't just get a Winmo phone (damnit I hate following the crowd) but I'll never fall for an Iphone

Device(s)
    MetroPCS Blackberry Curve 8530m Black (me) -Upgraded Feb '11
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I hear ya. RIM is in serious danger of losing me as well. Have some serious work to do ree-flashing my BB this weekend, upgrading OS (not in that order of course) to see if it resolves my wap connection problems. Failing that I will be looking at a WINMO phone that looks like a BB. lol

Good to hear, but until I get some hands on time with it i'll keep it in the wish list. And carefull I don't just get a Winmo phone (damnit I hate following the crowd) but I'll never fall for an Iphone
    Before you start PMing people about Flashing Your BB make sure you read the three threads below completely.
    Flash Your BB (High Level) http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1565865
    Flash Your BB (Detail Level + Service Books) http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1600276
    Aerize WiFix http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1576903

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast