Phones
    Motorola Q CDMA
    Palm Centro CDMA
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carriers
    Page Plus,
    Feedback Score

PagePlus Voice Mail Features and Assistance

Switched to PP recently from Tmobile and I cannot get the hang of the PP voice mail system.

How do I turn off requests for my PIN each time I access the voice mail system?

Also, how can you redial the number that left the voice mail?

Is there a list of PP voice mail features and commands anywhere? (couldn't find one on PP's website)

Thanks for the help!

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    Pantech PN-820
    Carrier
    1. Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Phones
    Motorola Q CDMA
    Palm Centro CDMA
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carriers
    Page Plus,
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the useful links; I did try to search but somehow missed that thread.

I guess PP's voicemail is pretty basic compared to Tmobile. Seems like you cant redial the number that left you the voicemail or even tell which number left the particular message.

Maybe PP will upgrade/enhance their voicemail system one day?

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Yeah,it's not the greatest but when I had metropcs i always would laugh when it said "You have 1 unheard message, this message has not been heard, 1st unheard message" . .yeah no ****, i got it the first time.

Feedback Score
    If you hit 5 during a voicemail message's playback, it should tell you the number that dialed and left that particular message.

Phones
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Motorola MOTO W385 (no longer in service)
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsorrow
    Thanks for the useful links; I did try to search but somehow missed that thread.

I guess PP's voicemail is pretty basic compared to Tmobile. Seems like you cant redial the number that left you the voicemail or even tell which number left the particular message.

Maybe PP will upgrade/enhance their voicemail system one day?

Thanks again.
    Or you could just use a service like Youmail that has better functionality and text notifications when you miss calls (that even list the number that called).

Phones
    Motorola Q CDMA
    Palm Centro CDMA
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carriers
    Page Plus,
    Feedback Score
    The PP dealer prepared voice mail command list link above seems to have an outdated command list. Many of the commands under administrative options no longer exist.

Is there any way to remove the password entry requirement upon connecting to your voice mail?

I can't delete my password through the administrative options (system forces you to acually enter a new password, just pressing "#" without entering a new password doesn't work). The voice mail system prompts for it EVERY time you check your voice mail. Very annoying if you don't need the security!

Phones
    Blackberry 8830 WE
    LG Rumor
    Samsung Smooth
    Carriers
    Page Plus and
    Feedback Score
    The PP dealer prepared voice mail command list link above seems to have an outdated command list. Many of the commands under administrative options no longer exist. Is there any way to remove the password entry requirement upon connecting to your voice mail? The system seems to force you to acually entrer a (new) password and then pro,mpts for it EVERY time you check your voice mail. Very annoying if you don't need the security!
    This is what I got from them:

Thanks for the E-Mail.

At this time, pageplus voicemail system requires that you enter in your password to retrieve your voicemail messages.

If you have any further questions or concerns, or if we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact pageplus customer care by calling 1-800-550-2436 or by dialing #737 from your mobile device.
    Our customer service agents are available Monday through Saturday from 9 AM – 10 PM, and from 12 PM – 6 PM on Sundays (all times Eastern Standard).

Thanks,

Nicholas

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    You can set up conditional call forwarding and use Google Voice (set to do not disturb) or YouMail for voice mail. The customized messages for frequent callers is a nice feature on both services and GV gives free if not always accurate transcripts also.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    To avoid manually entering your password set up your speed dial to automatically send it as follows:

*86ppXXXX

*86 is the number to call

pp = two pauses

XXXX = your password

Quote Originally Posted by cobraxt

Thanks for the E-Mail.

At this time, pageplus voicemail system requires that you enter in your password to retrieve your voicemail messages.

If you have any further questions or concerns, or if we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact pageplus customer care by calling 1-800-550-2436 or by dialing #737 from your mobile device.
    Our customer service agents are available Monday through Saturday from 9 AM – 10 PM, and from 12 PM – 6 PM on Sundays (all times Eastern Standard).

Thanks,

Nicholas

Phones
    Motorola Q CDMA
    Palm Centro CDMA
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carriers
    Page Plus,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cobraxt

Thanks for the E-Mail.

Thanks,

Nicholas
    Thanks very much for emailing PP re my question!! I gave up trying to call them ("all circuits busy" at worst and 45-minute hold times at best) and figured emailing them might be a waste of time , too. I greatly appreciate your help.

Phones
    Motorola Q CDMA
    Palm Centro CDMA
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carriers
    Page Plus,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by craigg
    To avoid manually entering your password set up your speed dial to automatically send it as follows:

*86ppXXXX

*86 is the number to call

pp = two pauses

XXXX = your password
    Great idea! Will try to implement right away. Much thanks.

Feedback Score
    Great idea! Will try to implement right away. Much thanks.

This trick doesn't work on my smt5800 phone. Any other ideas?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rg634
    This trick doesn't work on my smt5800 phone. Any other ideas?
    This is the correct answer to automate the password entry.

*86pXXXX#

This works on an smt5800
    You password is "xxxx"
    Only one "p" needed and must have the pound sign at the end.

Phones
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Droid RAZR
    Droid X2
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    How do I do an initial voicemail setup? It asks for my password, and I've tried 0000, 1234, the last four of my ph #, my old VZW password, and nothing works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast