Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score

Trac LG 290c now available

While in Keene, NH (yes, my cell phone habit keeps me on the road), I stopped in to Target there. They had all three of the new CDMA LG phones, including the 290c. More pics will be posted if they are wanted. Price was $50, but comes with DMFL.

T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Boy! Thanks, I've been waiting for this phone.. Target has for $50.. Does it have any MP3 player, USB MMS features? Still I'll check my area. NH no tax on this phone right? Wonder will they have those bonus packs included for the car and blue-tooth soon?

By all means post more images, thanks!

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Sweeper! You're the best!

I sure would like to see more pics, and find out about the bluetooth capabilities and features. Thanks again for posting.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    First off, I have to say that the phone seems a little heavy. I had seen and handled a Sprint version of the phone at Radio Shack last week, but it was a dummy phone, so that could be the reason.

Bluetooth is locked down, just like the 220c. I was able to pair it with my laptop, but was unable to transfer anything to the 290c.

The screen is beautiful and is larger, and more vivid than the Sammy T-301g, at least in my opinion. Lots of screen real estate here. No MP3 player, though.

Phone has 42MB of memory, and can hold 400 messages in the inbox (that’s what the phone says),

There are 4 buttons just above the keypad. They are, from left to right, messaging, images, camera, and calendar. You can also use one of the keys on the right side of the phone to start the camera (1.3MP). You can operate the camera with the slide shut. Just click unlock then OK. Shutter sound can be turned off as well. When sending a pic, you have on option of “online album”. Make me think Trac will start offering storage space for pics.

Phone is about the same size as the T-301 when it is closed, but is a little longer when open. Probably to make way for the 4 dedicated keys above the numerical key pad. Key pad is pretty spaced out and you get a pretty good click when pressing the keys. Sliding mechanism works very well. Doesn’t feel cheap.

No games are included on the phone, nor does there seem to be a folder on the phone for games that might be purchased. The ‘D” pad reminds me of the one on the Virgin Mobile X-tc.

Enough yakking. Here are pics, with the Samsung T-301G for comparison purposes. Will try to answer what questions I can. Pics were taken with a Sidekick LX. Not the greatest quality. Sorry.

Phone
    LG Extravert
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, I am happy for all of you CDMA Tracfone users! You guys finally get a nice CDMA phone! Its about time!

The 290C looks very nice! And for only $50, it seems like a very good deal! I like the 1.3 MP camera, but besides that I think the Samsung looks nicer and more stylish overall, but that is my opinion.

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Samsung doesn't offer you MP3 player right, Then you got that Motorola slider on the Net10 side for $60 or $53 with the discounts online. I like the LG as the can take a lot and still hold up well plus style and features. I want this one because to replace the aging LG225 as the LG300 from Net10 it okay but tracfone has more offers to me.

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the pictures The_Sweeper's.. Doesn't the Samsung have camera take a picture of LG290c and send it to your PC and post here. Still looks good!

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

LG-290c LG Also designed for Sprint LG-LX290 ($29.99) cnet has video review on it. Features seem the same except for the joystick controls, but looks the same except for 290c menu and memory available.

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/....html?tag=rnav

Phones
    LG 600g
    LG 225
    Moto w376g
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    This model is now available from TracFone's site. I just ordered one with free shipping (fedex - have to sign for it, but I'll be home anyway).

I also got the $3 discount code plus the free accessory kit with the promo codes. I'm not sure the accessory kit will work on this model, though, since it didn't show up as an option during the checkout process, but the bonus code went through fine. So I'll be getting a "universal" acc. kit, but just don't know if it will work with this particular phone!

Anyway, I'm disappointed I'll have to wait 3 days to receive it, but happy I don't have to make the hour+ round trip drive to CDMA territory again, after striking out a bunch hunting for new phones last night.

Oh yeah, here's more info on those promotional codes.

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pbushx2
    This model is now available from TracFone's site. I just ordered one with free shipping (fedex - have to sign for it, but I'll be home anyway).

I also got the $3 discount code plus the free accessory kit with the promo codes. I'm not sure the accessory kit will work on this model, though, since it didn't show up as an option during the checkout process, but the bonus code went through fine. So I'll be getting a "universal" acc. kit, but just don't know if it will work with this particular phone!

Anyway, I'm disappointed I'll have to wait 3 days to receive it, but happy I don't have to make the hour+ round trip drive to CDMA territory again, after striking out a bunch hunting for new phones last night.

Oh yeah, here's more info on those promotional codes.
    No showing up in my zipcode.. None of these phones are available..

Phones
    LG 600g
    LG 225
    Moto w376g
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    try zip 54747. That's a CDMA-only zip that I'm aware of.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Does nobody just manipulate the address bar anymore to get the different market offers?

tipstir,
    Just go HERE

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    Does nobody just manipulate the address bar anymore to get the different market offers?

tipstir,
    Just go HERE
    Your right the URL zipcode can be changed. My market is limited to G area. Darn so I am stuck with no G and G phones.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tipstir
    Your right the URL zipcode can be changed. My market is limited to G area. Darn so I am stuck with no G and G phones.
    Manipulate the market area not the zip. Change the "CO" (located after the "market=") in the URL to "GSM4" or whatever market you want. Select the fone you want and place your order. No fussin' around trying to find zip codes.

*This is an old method........nothin' new here.

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    Manipulate the market area not the zip. Change the "CO" (located after the "market=") in the URL to "GSM4" or whatever market you want. Select the fone you want and place your order. No fussin' around trying to find zip codes.

*This is an old method........nothin' new here.
    Well thanks for your insight! But how I am going to know if the phone would work in this area? Where all the G's phones seem to be more present?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast