Thread: Uninstall CityId and other Verizon Apps

Feedback Score

Uninstall CityId and other Verizon Apps

Does anyone know how to uninstall the default apps verizon has on this phone? There are a bunch of useless apps taking up space and adding uneeded complexity. I want to uninstall the trial of City Id as I will never pay for that service, but it is not listed in the remove programs list. I am afraid to simply delete the folder as it must be somewhat hooked into the system because whenever anyone calls me it lists where they are calling from.

Phones
    XV6975 (HTC Imagio)
    XV6900 (HTC Vogue) [Retired]
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by devlspawn
    Does anyone know how to uninstall the default apps verizon has on this phone? There are a bunch of useless apps taking up space and adding uneeded complexity. I want to uninstall the trial of City Id as I will never pay for that service, but it is not listed in the remove programs list. I am afraid to simply delete the folder as it must be somewhat hooked into the system because whenever anyone calls me it lists where they are calling from.
    It's cooked into the ROM so you really can't "uninstall" it. You can delete the files for it and such but that's as close as you get until you flash it with a custom ROM that is built without those files/apps loaded.

Phones
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Home Phone Connect,
    MOT Droid 3,
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Instead of uninstalling the (totally useless) app, or manually deleting its files, there must be a way to simply stop it from starting up in the first place, no?

How is CityID started in WM? Is it in the startup folder? Is it a service? Is it listed in the registry (machine/user run) somewhere?

Phones
    LG VX8300
    LG VX7000
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to know that too, WaltA. If I can't get rid of it, where do I stop it in the registry?

Feedback Score
    Found this dead end thread and figured, since I was able to get rid of the City ID feature, that I should finish the post for the next person in distress.

How to remove City ID or at least stop the pop up from popping up:

1. Go to the Media Center
    2. Go to "Browse and Download"
    3. Open that and it should bring up your applications, one of which is City ID.
    4. Scroll down to City ID. I did not click on it but I clicked on the right button of my phone to bring up "Options".
    5. Chose the option labeled "remove" or something similar.
    6. Click on remove and City ID - or any other app giving you problems, should be gone - or at least forgotten and never coming back to bother you.