iPhone 5
    Sanyo Zio 6000
    Samsung Messager 2
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Problem checking StraightTalk Balances on 1000 min plan

I have Straight Talk prepaid, and am on the $30 per month plan.

Ok, my issue started October 8th, 2009 at 0432. Received a text msg from a friend, and immediately received another txt saying, "Insuifficient Fund for message delivery". My service end date was 10/09/09. In fact, had received warning message on 10/07/09 telling me service would expire on 10/9.

I tried to make a call, which resulted in a Verizon error message. I then attempted to call my own cell, which gave me a Verizon message that the customer has temporarily suspended service. I had checked my balance on 10/7, and had approx 300 min left, and 750 txt, plus about 22 mb of bandwidth.

So, I called customer service once they opened (a couple of hours later), and asked why my service was gone. Of course, the genious that these techs are, he told me "well the problem is you have no minutes remaining on your phone." I explained that I had just checked, and had about 300 min left. He said that was not possible, as he was looking at the phone info, and all the minutes were gone. I again stated the number of mins I had left, to which it was suggested that I had left the phone off the hook?!?

I went into further detail, explaining that I had over 700 txts left, and those were not working either. I stated it seemed as if service was cut a day early. Well, after a few obligatory 'let me talk with my supervisor' breaks, he said he could not explain it. I said fine, I had a card anyway, and was not gonna throw a fit over 1 day. I gave my service card number, and he loaded my new service with no problem.

Now a new problem arose. I went to check my balances on the web, and received a message that my transaction did not process. I am then told to check later, or call the toll free line.

I called, and was told the problem was that there were too many requests for my balances. I said that cannot be, as I just added new card. Then, the answer was, 'it takes 24 hours for a new card to be reflected.'

Well, now 4 days later, I still get the same error message when I try to check my balances. I even waited two days between checking, in case that was a problem. Nio luck. I did call again, and was told they were getting the same error from the web, but they gave me my balances from another tracking system. They 'escalated' my problem, but still no resolution.

Has anyone else had these problems on Straight Talk, and if so, was there a solution? It will be a pain to call daily for balances, since I should be able to check on the web.

Any input is appreciated.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    port over to page plus. might be able to even use the st fone if you want. last time i called page plus they did speak english. which was a plus
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score
    E-Mail Elston.

Quote Originally Posted by GregNE

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Sanyo Zio 6000
    Samsung Messager 2
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr TracFone
    E-Mail Elston.
    Thank you. That may be a good start.

Feedback Score
    I am on the auto renewal plan and it changed over to the new minutes when it was supposed to. As others have reported it did not take away the old minutes and still hasn't to date and that was a little over two weeks ago.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Sanyo Zio 6000
    Samsung Messager 2
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I did email Elston weeks ago, and received no answer. He is probably overwhelmed now by the HoFo people.

I still get the error when trying to check balance.

One cust serv rep during one of my calls made a comment that my minutes were being recalculated because the system showed me with over 15000 minutes remaining.

I did get a minute and message count yesterday by calling tech support, but the answer about not being about to view balance online is 'oh, lots of people have been having this problem.' No fix was offered or promised.

I still think its crappy that I am not able to do a simple check of my minutes remaining, without calling customer service and explaining the whole story each time.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I did email Elston weeks ago, and received no answer. He is probably overwhelmed now by the HoFo people.

I still get the error when trying to check balance.

One cust serv rep during one of my calls made a comment that my minutes were being recalculated because the system showed me with over 15000 minutes remaining.

I did get a minute and message count yesterday by calling tech support, but the answer about not being about to view balance online is 'oh, lots of people have been having this problem.' No fix was offered or promised.

I still think its crappy that I am not able to do a simple check of my minutes remaining, without calling customer service and explaining the whole story each time.
    I have learned long ago that you won't get any "straight talk" from a company as screwed up as America Movil
    Last edited by Cannonball-II; 10-24-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    I have Straight Talk prepaid, and am on the $30 per month plan.

Ok, my issue started October 8th, 2009 at 0432. Received a text msg from a friend, and immediately received another txt saying, "Insuifficient Fund for message delivery". My service end date was 10/09/09. In fact, had received warning message on 10/07/09 telling me service would expire on 10/9.

I tried to make a call, which resulted in a Verizon error message. I then attempted to call my own cell, which gave me a Verizon message that the customer has temporarily suspended service. I had checked my balance on 10/7, and had approx 300 min left, and 750 txt, plus about 22 mb of bandwidth.

So, I called customer service once they opened (a couple of hours later), and asked why my service was gone. Of course, the genious that these techs are, he told me "well the problem is you have no minutes remaining on your phone." I explained that I had just checked, and had about 300 min left. He said that was not possible, as he was looking at the phone info, and all the minutes were gone. I again stated the number of mins I had left, to which it was suggested that I had left the phone off the hook?!?

I went into further detail, explaining that I had over 700 txts left, and those were not working either. I stated it seemed as if service was cut a day early. Well, after a few obligatory 'let me talk with my supervisor' breaks, he said he could not explain it. I said fine, I had a card anyway, and was not gonna throw a fit over 1 day. I gave my service card number, and he loaded my new service with no problem.

Now a new problem arose. I went to check my balances on the web, and received a message that my transaction did not process. I am then told to check later, or call the toll free line.

I called, and was told the problem was that there were too many requests for my balances. I said that cannot be, as I just added new card. Then, the answer was, 'it takes 24 hours for a new card to be reflected.'

Well, now 4 days later, I still get the same error message when I try to check my balances. I even waited two days between checking, in case that was a problem. Nio luck. I did call again, and was told they were getting the same error from the web, but they gave me my balances from another tracking system. They 'escalated' my problem, but still no resolution.

Has anyone else had these problems on Straight Talk, and if so, was there a solution? It will be a pain to call daily for balances, since I should be able to check on the web.

My Advice to you port to Page Plus Cellular, They use the same network VZW.
    So, you can use the same handset and PPC has two good plans:
    1. Unlimited TalknText/MMS and 20MB for $39.95 per month.
    2. TalknText 1200 includes 1200Min/1200SMS&MMS and 50MB for $29.95 per month.
    www.pagepluscellular.com

Feedback Score
    I did email Elston weeks ago, and received no answer.
    I would e-mail him again. He's only human and stuff happens.

It's always better to light a candle than to curse the darkness, imho.