Thread: Any English speaking number for Orange France??

Feedback Score

Any English speaking number for Orange France??

I have had a mobile phone number with prepaid mobicarte service in France for several years now. However, for some reason, I can no longer access my account over the Internet and it is impossible to get to a live person at the Orange Customer service number (33 6 07 62 64 64 ) - at least not without being fluent in French in to wade thru the exhaustive menu tree. Any idea how I can get to someone with Orange France who speaks English??

Feedback Score
    Believe it or not there was a time in the fairly recent past when you could set the voice menus to English on Orange France just like you can on most of the Italian, German and Dutch prepaids just to name a few. Having said that, why should you be surprised? The French feel that their language should be restored to his rightful place as the world's premiere language for international commerce and that English dominance is just a temporary thing and they won't do anything to help foster the idea that the international language in the world today is English (or is it Chinese?)

Phones
    the one with a charged battery...
    unlocked and simless Nokia E71
    Tracfone LG100
    Carriers
    1) France-Simyo-cheapest PAYG
    3)Global-Telestial (Ekit) Passport sim - free incoming when traveling
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
    Believe it or not there was a time in the fairly recent past when you could set the voice menus to English on Orange France just like you can on most of the Italian, German and Dutch prepaids just to name a few. Having said that, why should you be surprised? The French feel that their language should be restored to his rightful place as the world's premiere language for international commerce and that English dominance is just a temporary thing and they won't do anything to help foster the idea that the international language in the world today is English (or is it Chinese?)

Chinese are learning English in droves.....is it a requirement in their public schools? OTOH, a native English speaker learning Manderin or Cantonese would be an exception.... in a hundred years....where will the French be, SVP?

To the OP, for a start, perhaps you may learn how to say "Excuse me, I don't speak French. Do you speak a bit of English?" IN FRENCH..... Remembering that simple phrase may open many doors to you......said Ali Baba, while trying pulling his tongue away from his cheek.

Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just tell them:

"Je ne parle pas francais. Pourrais-je parler a quelqu'un qui parle anglais s'il vous plait?"

and you will be set

Feedback Score
    When I'm in France and have to deal with service people either by phone or in person, my first words are...Excusez moi parlez vous anglais....works most of the time.