Thread: How to transfer contacts from Omnia (Windows Mobile phone) to BB Pearl 8130

Phone
    Motorola Droid (1) [ ROOTED, 2.1, STOCK ] / Samsung i910 (Omnia) / Motorola Q9m / Samsung U450
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

How to transfer contacts from Omnia (Windows Mobile phone) to BB Pearl 8130

Hello,

I recently acquired a BB Pearl 8130. Love it (minus the hard to use trackball) But I'm trying to send my contacts from my Windows Mobile 6.1 based Omnia (VZW) to my new BB Pearl but I'm having some issues. When I try to send from my Omnia I get a failed message on my Omnia noting even happens on my Pearl. I've tried pairing. Un-pairing. Everything. I also have a Pantech PN-820 and Q9M Windows Mobile phone transferring those contacts via Bluetooth was hell. I'm posting here because I was able to get the other phones to receive the contacts but the Pearl isn't getting them at all. This must seem like a really stupid question, but how do I get my contacts transferred? I figured BT was the simplest and quickest way.

I've done the obvious. BT power is on, and in receive mode with security off.
    I'm on FACEBOOK !
    EV-DO IS FINALLY IN MY AREA!! YEA (as of 6/13/08)!!

-

(http://nnewmanmusic.net)
    Stream FM Radio to Voyager, Dare, LG EnV3 and LG EnV Touch, HOW TO.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7MJpa9q00 - NEWLY REDONE!

Phone
    Motorola Droid (1) [ ROOTED, 2.1, STOCK ] / Samsung i910 (Omnia) / Motorola Q9m / Samsung U450
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Nevermind. I got my contacts transferred using Google SYNC

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Google Sync is a great option. There are also others, like Outlook.
    Current Device: White Out Moto X 32GB
    THE RULES!
    Please report all inappropriate posts by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom of the post.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy
    Nevermind. I got my contacts transferred using Google SYNC
    Google Sync would have been my recommendation. One thing to check with GS - the Address fields get organized in a way that BB Maps can't process.
    i.e., this doesn't work:
    1234 Anywhere Street
    Stumptown, OR 97202

but this does, where the suite or apartment would be in the blank line:
    1234 Anywhere Street

Stumptown
    OR

Both formats work fine for other apps. If there's a streamlined way to keep my Google Contacts properly formatted in the cloud, I don't know what it is!