Thread: Porting number to Straight Talk

Phones
    DROID 3
    DROID X
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Porting number to Straight Talk

I have heard that porting a number over to Straight Talk can take days if not longer? Is this true? How is the customer service for activation and porting? thanks
    I am on America's Largest and Most Reliable Wireless Network.
    Thank you Page Plus.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26.2
    I have heard that porting a number over to Straight Talk can take days if not longer? Is this true? How is the customer service for activation and porting? thanks
    There is a thread I started about it in here. Almost everyone has a dreadful experiences with porting. TracFone is really a bad company I guess. Let us know how it goes though. Being able to speak to someone in Ohio vs Mexico is a big reason I picked P+ out of the two. I've heard of TracFone reps literally not understanding English.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I am porting a number from Virgin Mobile to ST. Its now been 30 hours since I submitted the port request at the ST website, and still not working. This is annoying waiting for the number to port. I'll post when it goes through.

Feedback Score
    Straight Talk covers porting in their FAQ section. From a few hours to 7 business days for cell phones. Up to 30!!!!! business days if you are porting a landline number.

It's probably just easier to get a new phone number.

http://www.straighttalk.com/FAQ

The porting of your phone number to Straight Talk might take a few hours; however, if there are any delays from your current wireless carrier, the transfer process could take up to 7 days and in the case of landline numbers, transfers may take up to 30 days."

Phones
    iPhone 4 VZW - Nokia 2126 TracFone
    iPhone 4 - Nokia 2126
    Carriers
    1. GWI iLine
    3. ex- AT&terrible
    Feedback Score
    Maybe porting from TF to ST would be smoother?

But, it sounds like it is the same as with TF. I would advise to have a LOT of patience.
    I recently did a home number to a TF ... and was in porting hell. The most misinformation and delays I ever experienced with anything. Let's just say I grew a few gray hairs Took a little over a week, in the end ... but while the head of the porting dept already had my # in the TF system ... days later the other CSReps would still say my original provider hadn't released the number! Incompetent doesn't describe it. But, the lead guy in porting is a champ and gets right to it.

Btw. Is there a corporate office # for ST?

I've used it recently with TF to avoid the script reading in circles on the regular support line, and was pretty satisfied.
    It's getting the signal that matters.

GoPhone Caution: AT&T / Cingular GoPhone = No Roaming
    Our Nokia CDMA TracFones boldly go anywhere and make calls beyond where we only dreamed to get a signal with Cingular / AT&T

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It ended up taking about 48 hours for the port to go through.

Feedback Score
    what carrier did you port from?

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by logybogy
    what carrier did you port from?
    He gave that info a few posts down or up (depending on how you view this list). Post #4

Phones
    HTC Hero
    Samsung R451c
    Carriers
    Sprint
    (I just sell Cricket)
    Feedback Score

Talking

I ported from VirginMobile to StraightTalk. Had two numbers ported 55 minutes after a 50 minute phone call to StraightTalk's CS. (So only 1 hour 45 mins, & not days later like they said it could be)
    I posted a rather lengthy report Here
    It's been working just fine ever since.
    Hope it helps.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Well it's the day after I submitted my port request. Called Customer service, they told me I have to wait 7 days before they can do anything. Verizon's port request site says they are waiting for a response from the previous carrier. Somehow I don't believe this is a previous carrier problem.

Phones
    Nokia 3200
    Ericsson t62u
    OGO
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Port Report:
    Previous Carrier - Boost Mobile
    I called today around noon to begin the process. ST care told me to call back in 2-4 hours once my Boost number had been sent over. I called about 1 hour later after my boost phone went dead. The ST rep "activated" my R415. I was able to make and receive calls right away. Outbound texting is working fine but I'm not sure that I'm receiving all responses yet. My browser is not working but there is a trouble ticket open for that issue. My phone still displays the 911 Only icon but in and outbound calling is fine. So far so good!

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    I wonder why mine STILL hasn't gone. Verizon's port status site still says they are waiting for a response from the previous carrier. They won't even help until 7 days has passed.

Phones
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    LG enV VX-9900
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Just purchased a Samsung R451C. After waiting about 10-15 minutes in hold went through the activation process extremely smoothly. Five minutes after hanging up my phone number was ported and phone activated. (ported from Verizon) Called the activation number and was all set. Checked out the internet, made some calls, and sent a dozen or two texts. Now can no longer connect to internet. Also their website has been down for maintenance. I guess they rolled out before they were completely ready for the wave of people getting on the service. The price you pay for jumping on a new company right away.

Feedback Score
    I've been waiting since Thursday morning for my number to be ported. My number is with Sprint. What I find interesting is that Sprint called me Friday morning, "asking" how my service has been. So I guess they got the release order or whatever from ST. Tomorrow morning will be day 6 that I have been waiting for porting and activation. I have a case number and keep getting told to call back later.
    Kind of worrisome. I guess they are overloaded.

Feedback Score
    My Sprint number came over in a few hours. Did it via the web and on a Saturday. I was expecting trouble but it was painless.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast