Thread: Virgin Mobile Credit Check???

Feedback Score

Virgin Mobile Credit Check???

I was just wondering how strict is the credit check for virgin mobile...Thank you

Carrier
    Rogers Communications Inc.
    Feedback Score
    credit checks are only required for postpaid plans. if you do not pass you can always go with prepaid through Virgin Mobile. depending on your usage and required features, prepaid may be cheaper than the postpaid plan as caller id and voicemail are included free of charge.

Feedback Score
    I notice our credit checks seem to be easier then most. People will go to telus and have a $600 deposit then come here and have $50 or $100.

Phones
    Samsung Link
    BlackBerry Curve
    Samsung M320
    Carriers
    Bell \
    Feedback Score
    Thats true though.. our credit checks must be easier..
    ive gotten so many people who have tried everyother phone company there is and this was the only one they could get....

Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Case in point: just did a contract with a lady who has been asked $1,000 deposit at Bell and for us it was only a $150 spending cap (I was expecting at leat 50$ deposit :P). So yeah, if you have friends who have harsh conditions to get on a contract with another company, just send them to Virgin =)
    Prepaid is to contract like a mistress is to a wife. No wonder so many people don't want contracts

Feedback Score
    Im new to these Credit Checks, I was asked by TELUS to pay a 1000$ Security Deposit last month and a couple of months before 200$. So if I went to Virgin would the security deposit be alot lower than these guys?

Phone
    Torch 9800, HTC Sensation (work demo line)
    Carrier
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    There's no guarantee it would be.... It really depends on the reasons their credit check system required the deposit....
    Each carrier has different risk assessment guidelines with their credit checks... So while you may seem like a bigger risk at one, you may not be at another. Only way to know for sure is to give it a shot.

Feedback Score
    Just wondering if I go on the Virgin cell phone plan, and they run a credit check on me, then I start paying the monthly bills as they come in; if those payments are sent and registered to my credit report (Equifax and TransUnion).

Just looking to improve my credit report here with some registered #1's on my credit report.

Last question is Which network does Virgin use in North America? Telus, Rogers/Fido or Bell?

Phones
    SGH-T889V Galaxy Note II
    Previous phones: SCH-n370, SCH-m510, SGH-T746 Impact, GT-S5660M Galaxy Gio, GT-I9020A Nexus S
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile Canada (previous)
    Feedback Score
    VM Canada uses the joint Bell/Telus network. Stateside you'll roam on AT&T.
    VM USA uses the Sprint CDMA network. Completely different company, devices, and plans.