Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: browser wont work on straighttalk razr v3a

Feedback Score

browser wont work on straighttalk razr v3a

I went to the hofo wiki "straighttalk" article and those web settings didnt enable the browser, anyone have some different web settings for me?

Feedback Score
    Well, if you give up on ST because of this, you are always welcome to come on over to Page Plus. Ironically, there are Straight Talk users who have had better success getting the web to work on Page Plus then on Straight Talk itself with their ST phones!

One of the first people to leave Straight Talk who was a Howard Forum member left because his W385 ST phone web would not work there but it would on Page Plus. lol. Listed are Page Plus settings for that model of Straight Talk phone. http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Moto_W385
    It may work for the Razr.

Take care and I hope you get the web going one way or another. It is good to know though , that there are alternatives.

Feedback Score
    thank you i will try those web settings.

Feedback Score
    on the first try i went to wikipedia.com homepage and it displayed with no images, just text, the images wouldnt download. then i tried 3 other sites and it wouldnt connect, then it said error 502 bad gateway.

Feedback Score
    i also have a faint buzzing noize (like a honey-bee) coming from directly beneath the keypad. you have to put your ear right up to it to hear it. its not coming from the speaker, but a circuit board i suspect. what do you think it is?

Feedback Score
    now a few images at the top of each site i go to download, and the rest of the site's images wont.

Feedback Score
    Are you saying you are getting better results with Page Plus settings for web on your Straight Talk phone (though imperfect) while you get nothing on at all with Straight Talk settings?

And your phone is NOT on Page Plus yet. Correct? These settings are only for Straight Talk phones Motorolas that have been put on the Page Plus system and taken off of Straight Talks network.

If that is the case, strange.

Phone
    LG Extravert
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Groverunion4:
    i also have a faint buzzing noize (like a honey-bee) coming from directly beneath the keypad. you have to put your ear right up to it to hear it. its not coming from the speaker, but a circuit board i suspect. what do you think it is?
    The buzzing is the keypad. I believe that the backlight is the same type they use for the indiglo watches. When I had my RAZR, it did the same thing. Nothing to be worried about.

Feedback Score
    I have 3 phones now that i am trying to get the browser to work on: on my v3a on straighttalk the browser wont work at all ("error, you do not have access to the site"). on my v3a i got from straightalk and activated it with PPC, internet works, but not well. On my e815 i ordered from PPC about a week ago internet works, but not well. I called PPC and they said they were getting lots of calls about internet not working. they said to it should clear up soon. I will send the 2 straighttalk phones back if they will give my $ back. they have falsely advertised a browser and the browser wont work. they lie when you call them and they say it will work in 24-48 hrs. over in the PPC forum they say if you want great internet get a smartphone, but I havent seen a smartphone on PPC website, and dont want to modify a verizon phone because i dont have the patience or know-how to do it. do dealers have smartphones that require no modification? to answer you question, i first activated my v3a on PPC before i tried the PPC browser settings listed on a post at hofo.

Feedback Score
    thank you razr fan for the info about the buzzing noise.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    Pantech PN-820
    Carrier
    1. Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Groverunion4:
    I have 3 phones now that i am trying to get the browser to work on: on my v3a on straighttalk the browser wont work at all ("error, you do not have access to the site"). on my v3a i got from straightalk and activated it with PPC, internet works, but not well. On my e815 i ordered from PPC about a week ago internet works, but not well. I called PPC and they said they were getting lots of calls about internet not working. they said to it should clear up soon. I will send the 2 straighttalk phones back if they will give my $ back. they have falsely advertised a browser and the browser wont work. they lie when you call them and they say it will work in 24-48 hrs. over in the PPC forum they say if you want great internet get a smartphone, but I havent seen a smartphone on PPC website, and dont want to modify a verizon phone because i dont have the patience or know-how to do it. do dealers have smartphones that require no modification? to answer you question, i first activated my v3a on PPC before i tried the PPC browser settings listed on a post at hofo.
    Verizon smartphones do NOT need any modifications for the internet to work on Page Plus, they work out of the box. Check Page Plus Wiki section on the phones that work out of the box, you'll see the models numbers.

Feedback Score
    Groverunion. Razrs and W385s (and probably some of the newest ST phones too) have had repeated problems with web not working on the ST versions. Forget Tracfone/ST CS. As soon as the first month is up, port it out to PPC and get the web working. Yeah, it is not unlimited web, but at least you can get it to work on PPC if you follow the wiki tutorials on ST phones on PPC.

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    had the same problem with my phone called ST they said they would call back within 48 hours i tried to use the web about 30 hours later and its working now.

Feedback Score
    will a verizon phone need its web settings changed in order for the web to work on PPC?

Feedback Score
    Yes if it is a regular postpaid so called dumbphone (like every ST phone is). No if it is a Verizon postpaid Windows mobile or Palm os smartphone. Blackberries are 50/50. Just like Alltel or Verizon prepaid phones, they either work or they do not. If they work, great, if not, let the nightmare begin.

And no idea if the NEW ST phones work on PPC or not. Only the original three have been proven to work on PPC. Razr V3A, W385 and LG 200c.
    The new ones, LG 100c, 220c, 290c, Samsung R451c are all a mystery. May work, may not. Tracfone may be up to its old tricks with the new batch. Until we get a live sample, it could be either way. It is known that the LG 290c is on the Metro/Cricket flash list.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast