Thread: Sidekick 3 won't display contact names in texts... only numbers. help!

Feedback Score

Angry Sidekick 3 won't display contact names in texts... only numbers. help!

OK. I just got a Sidekick 3. It is on the T-Mobile network. It's working fine.... however....

Whenever I get a text from someone, it only shows their number (ex: 1-555-123-3456 instead of John Smith).

All of the numbers are saved as 11 digit numbers. The contacts show up everywhere else, like when you make calls and when someone calls you. However, only the phone number is displayed when receiving texts. Kind of annoying because I don't know who is texting me.

What's wrong? and how do I fix this?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm (unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the one1
    OK. I just got a Sidekick 3. It is on the T-Mobile network. It's working fine.... however....

Whenever I get a text from someone, it only shows their number (ex: 1-555-123-3456 instead of John Smith).

All of the numbers are saved as 11 digit numbers. The contacts show up everywhere else, like when you make calls and when someone calls you. However, only the phone number is displayed when receiving texts. Kind of annoying because I don't know who is texting me.

What's wrong? and how do I fix this?

Thanks.
    Do you have data connectivity? Without it for some reason the stupid Sidekicks do this. Same if the contacts are only on the sim card.

Make sure they are in the contacts app and that you have the G at the top.
    When our 5 powers combine, we summon Earth's greatest champion: Captain Planet.
    Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.