Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Net10 Service End Date Question

Phone
    LG Extravert
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Net10 Service End Date Question

Hi, I have one question about Net10s service. When you add more minutes, does it extend your service date like it does with Tracfone?

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yep! It sure does!

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    not as far though generally...and that's why I'm reluctant to switch.

Phone
    LG Extravert
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfoner
    Yep! It sure does!
    Okay, great! That was the only thing I wasn't clear with. I will be switching to Net10 in a couple of weeks.

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weavel33
    not as far though generally...and that's why I'm reluctant to switch.
    What do you mean? 60 (2 months) add another 60 (2 months more) 4 months.
    It extends but I know not like tracfone with it's 3 months but you pay more for the same cards..

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    if you can get a va tracfone or net10 or even from a military base they both come w 14 months gives a good start for a new account
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn
    if you can get a va tracfone or net10 or even from a military base they both come w 14 months gives a good start for a new account
    Isn't more for the men and women who serve than those who are not in the services.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tipstir
    Isn't more for the men and women who serve than those who are not in the services.
    We have hashed this question over before. The VA is more than happy to sell a trac/net10 to a non-vet or service member. You are cheating no one. I believe the VA Canteen policy states something to the effect that they sell to Vets and their caretakers. But many have found that visitors are also welcome to shop at VA canteens. Any revenue the VA can generate is a plus! I stand by my belief that you are helping Vets when buying a trac/net10 from the VA, not hurting them.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    If there are more than one phone hanging on the wall, then you can buy one without guilt that you deprived a vet of one.

If there is only one hanging then you will have to use your own judgement.

If there are no phones hanging, then you should feel good that they are getting one. Or feel bad that you missed out and your neighbor got it.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Well I always believe those in need and our troops to go first. I never been to an fully operating base, so I never been to a VA canteen nor will I go and purchase things in there which are needed for our troops who protect us all. I just said that if tracfone/net10 are selling deals for our troops who need to phone home while on duty it's a good thing they're getting some perks. I know tracfone/net10 like all companies that do business with troops are getting some sort of tax of right off.

People it's all about making money and in the process of doing the right thing for our troops to be able to make calls no matter what so do it right with a tracfone/net10 cellphone.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tipstir
    What do you mean? 60 (2 months) add another 60 (2 months more) 4 months.
    It extends but I know not like tracfone with it's 3 months but you pay more for the same cards..
    If you buy the 200 min. card for net10 you only get 30 days of service.

If you buy the 60 min. card for Trac you get 90 days of service.

For people like me who don't use that many minutes per month, Trac is much cheaper.

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weavel33
    If you buy the 200 min. card for net10 you only get 30 days of service.

If you buy the 60 min. card for Trac you get 90 days of service.

For people like me who don't use that many minutes per month, Trac is much cheaper.
    Wait it's 300 minutes for $30 and 60 days of service with NET10.
    Tracfone has the 60 minutes $19 and 90 days of service + doubler = 120 minutes
    Tracfone has the 120 minutes $29 and 90 days of service
    + doubler = 240 minutes Tracfone has the 200 minutes for $39 and 90 days of service + doubler = 400 minutes

I still have my LG-225 doubler I am not giving that up just yet. The Samsung T-401G is a nice media center cell phone which I am geared up to use and still I got 600 minutes for free on it so I not complaining that will last until 3/2010 of service. If that was a tracfone it would be extra 2 months so 5/2010.

I just found 6 more at another Kmart, but I stop and think will the wife use all it's features? I was asking her last night. I get the feeling nope! Maybe the T-301G would be more ideal for her plus I could transfer her number and leftover minutes so should would have better phone than the LG-225. I think I'll stick it out for her until Tracfone comes out with something different plus I got all they extra LG-300s now I haven't even used them.

I'll get two more and give them out as xmas gifts minus the extra 300 minute cards. I'll just say" Merry Christmas" Here you go.. 300 minutes of talk time!

Feedback Score
    I don't think any of the Net10 phones at the VA will work with any overseas cell phone system. Both because of the frequencies and because of the Terms of Service.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Has Net10 always extended the service date?

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Seems to be a typo showing 90 days for this card and the card reads 60 days.

This one shows 120 days

This one 60 days

300m / 60 days + 300m / 60 days + 300m / 60 days + 300m / 60 days = 1,200 m / 240 days In my case I had the LG-300 for 20 days so I didn't get back the days so it was 222 rounded days. So if I go out and buy another 300m / 60 days that would add 282 days or whatever the days count is now and give me 1,500 minutes or whatever the minutes I have now left.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast