Thread: Net10 has an Unlock application?

Feedback Score

Net10 has an Unlock application?

So for any owners of an LG600G[and perhaps any net10 phone] under your tools menu[tip calc etc] there is a "Sim app". I open it up, and there is "Unlock". It's kind of fishy since I don't have any tools to download[pirated or legal] to work with my phone. I opened it and it gave me my IMEI number, which I already knew thanks to *#06#. So I hit OK and it continues to give me information, I'm afraid to continue and this application have some kind of lock feature which locks my phone down. If there is anyone who can tell me what exactly this application does, I would be very grateful.

Feedback Score
    To be perfectly frank. It is not worth messing with trying to unlock Net10/Tracfones. Even though you have been a Hofo before I joined , since this is your VERY first post, you get the noob get out of jail card free. They have posted about not asking about unlocking on this forum for Tracfones and that applies equally to Net10 phones too.

The bottomline is that unlocking Tracfones and Net10 handsets is seriously difficult and few unlockers are interested in doing so. Along with Virgin Mobile phones, these three brands are the phone unlockers nightmares. The sim app thing is like wisdom teeth or an appendix, a vestigal throwback to another era like when Tracfones were actually as easy to unlock as other gsm phones.

Leave it alone and move on. Tracfones and Net10s are so locked down that their sims cannot even be used in other phones OF THE SAME CARRIER let alone any other carriers phones.

It is much easier to mess with Att and Tmos.

Feedback Score
    THat's where the challenges lies and I love challenges.

Feedback Score
    I'm not looking to unlock the phone, it's a really cheap phone and it is an overpriced phone[60 dollars for plastic with poor service]. I have the LG 600G, and I simply want to get an unlocked phone and clone the IMEI so I can use a good phone with the Net10 service, and use the phone I'm currently using to refill the minutes. I'm assuming the SIM App unlocks the sim card? Or does it unlock the phone? If it unlocks the phone, it's useless to me. If it unlocks the card then I'm good to go. If the simple trick to it is cloning an IMEI then I'll just do that. I understand it's difficult and almost impossible, I've googled for my answer for a long time. I just hoped somebody could tell me what the app is exactly.

Feedback Score
    Or I'll just save up for a new phone with Straight Talk from wal mart. Seeing as how it's on the Verizon network which has the best coverage, and the prepaid rate is amazing compared to net10.

Feedback Score
    The phone itself has to have special firmware to work with Net10. If the phone isn't offered by Net10, someone else would have to write the firmware, and that would likely take a lot of work, if it's even possible. I think it would involve reverse engineering and then extrapolating it all onto a new phone previously unprogrammed for Net10. And then Net10 would have to accept the phone on its system.

No, it's impossible for all practical purposes.

Phones
    LG VX 8360
    Motorola W175G
    LG VX5500
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue 023
    It is much easier to mess with Att and Tmos.
    AT&T seems to be learning some old tricks from Tracfone. The new orange and white GO Phone sims lock the handset to that sim for a period of 6 months.

Feedback Score
    Considering Tracfone is a big reason why Att had some 641,000 prepaid adds this quarter, makes sense.

And btw, Att doing this orange/white sim locking is different from Tracfone, because : 1)the phone still works with other sims, it's just the sim is messed up.
    2)Sim lock isn't permanent, it is for half a year.
    3)You can easily circumvent this and even get the free credit off by activating an old sim in a gophone that comes with orange/white sim. Have the credit added to the account on old sim.
    4)You can always get a free regular sim at Att corp. store.

5) You can always order $4 or less orange/blue sim on Ebay.

Tracfone and Net10 , you're stuck.

Sure, Att is learning Tracfone tricks but at least they have workarounds.

Feedback Score
    And I doubt that AT&T cuts off all the service you paid for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdGrey
    And I doubt that AT&T cuts off all the service you paid for.
    ROFLMAO! Truth can be funny , even if it hurts.

Feedback Score
    Some areas of the country require a sim pin before the phone will work. It has something to do with high-fraud locations. I have never had a TF/Net10 that required it. I guess it cuts down on cloning, of what I don't know. But I believe the support area of the website has some items relating to sim pins.