Phones
    Nokia 3200
    Ericsson t62u
    OGO
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score

Browser Error Help ST R451

Is anyone familiar with the following error message when launching the browser on the R451:

Error: Requested content 'tfdevice.home/' cannot be accessed. You do not have access to the site.

I just ported my number over to ST today, everything works great except browsing. This message comes up even when I try to manually type in a URL. I called ST support and they opened a trouble ticket... with a turn around time of 24 - 48 hours?!

Phones
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    LG enV VX-9900
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Browser not working

I am in a similar situation. Have a trouble ticket out there for "Error Network Problem." WIll post the possible solution if ticket is answered or phone is returned to store.

Phones
    Nokia 3200
    Ericsson t62u
    OGO
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Same here! I called today again at the 24 hour mark and they hadn't gotten to my ticket yet.

Feedback Score
    E-mail Elston.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr TracFone
    E-mail Elston.
    Someone might want to e-mail Elston and offer him a job that won`t be so stressful. Doubtful he will want his current positions stress much longer or will be offered a better position with Trac.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    I've had no problems with mine. Strange. Wonder what causes it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier
    Someone might want to e-mail Elston and offer him a job that won`t be so stressful. Doubtful he will want his current positions stress much longer or will be offered a better position with Trac.
    If you have a better position for him, make an offer!

In all seriousness, he came forward, made himself known and offered to deal with customer issues. That's pretty awesome, actually.

Phones
    Nokia 3200
    Ericsson t62u
    OGO
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    At the 48 hour mark I called in to check on my ticket and the rep told me that it now takes 72 hours to resolve the tickets. This guy seemed a little more informed than the past reps and he explained that this is an issue they have been having specifically with people that port their numbers and that my data had not been provisioned right. I don't really understand why some people like Joe12304 are able to port with no problem but people like me and phrobi have issues. On a positive note the ST reps have all tried to be helpful and there's never been any hold time. Coming from boost, the texting on ST is AMAZING!

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

error

just got this phone 2 days ago same issue with mobile web called ST yesterday gave me a ticket also...

Phones
    Nokia 3200
    Ericsson t62u
    OGO
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Round 3 - 32 minutes phone call, more *22890, more reset defaults, more clearing of the cache, more power cycling of the phone. According to this rep my data is provisioned fine. They are baffled and have "escalated" the issue. In 24 - 48 hours my data will be working. I thanked the rep for all of her help but declined the escalation and requested my account number to port out. She assured me that this time they would get the issue resolved. I was weak and agreed to wait an additional 24 - 48 hours.

Phones
    Nokia 3200
    Ericsson t62u
    OGO
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    It's alive! Data is now working! Thank you ST!

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    my web is up and running too now

Phones
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    LG enV VX-9900
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I was on the phone saturday morning and it cut off. I could no longer send text or voice calls. I called tech support 10 times before I was able to get on hold for 20 minutes. I went through several more tech support fixes and no go. I ended up just returning the phone and exchanging it for new. It is all better now and everything is working smoothly. Don't make the mistake I did and return the phone before activating it on the new handset. It will cancel your account. Since it had only been like 5 minutes since I deactivated managed to get my number back and time reinitialized on the account.

Feedback Score
    Web problems on ST handsets have been CHRONIC issues since the first generation. ST CS inability to solve it caused some ST users to leave for PPC . Btw, I believe Elston may actually be their house name for a select group of CS people possibly or he would have burned out a long time ago.

Really do not know if Tracfone can handle all these new ST phones with REAL web vs all the ultra proprietary Tzone type sites they had before on their Net10/Tracfone lines.

From what you guys are saying though, the sudden working part sounds like a server issue more then a phone issue. I have heard of first gen Moto ST users putting the correct web settings and still not being able to go online. That seems to indicate the server issue possibility or proxy issue.

I wish they would just fix it. A person who buys 30 megs of data might put up with it, but a person who is supposed to get UNLIMITED data ? No way, even if it is supposed to be just slower 1xrtt or not.

They should have just stuck to Lg 200Cs. No web capability anyway. lol. Then again, the Samsung R451 C seems to be a really hot seller.

ST better hurry up and fix this issue, but knowing their history, it will be a chronic ongoing problem and like Boost and its text issue, will never really truly go away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz
    I believe Elston may actually be their house name for a select group of CS people possibly or he would have burned out a long time ago.
    This would make a great movie pitch, though you might have to change the lead character from a CSR to a secret agent or super-hero!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast