Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Sony Ericsson Equinox Thread (Ask questions HERE!)

Feedback Score

The OFFICIAL Sony Ericsson Equinox Thread (Ask questions HERE!)

The Sony Ericsson Equinox has arrived.

Prices are $160 on Even More Plus and $50 on Even More.

Here's a unboxing video from tmonews:

http://www.tmonews.com/2009/10/t-mob...honedog-style/

Phone
    LG G3, Sony Xperia Z Ultra
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Simple Plan 4 lines (unlimited on one and 2.5GB sharing on another) $130 | 4.5GB MBB
    Feedback Score
    Hacking fest is about to start.
    if anybody got the Customize file, please pm me, or post it to sendspace.

Optimum/Cablevision

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15650/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

can you run google maps and opera mini or did t-mobile block 3rd party apps? if you can run 3rd party apps does the gps work with google maps and amazegps?

Feedback Score
    I just watched the unboxing video. It appears they are giving a USB cable with the device which is nice. Also, stereo headset---I think the TM-506 just had a mono.

Phone
    myphone4S
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Was the modem really left out of it?

Phones
    Google Nexus 5
    Google Nexus 4 (Wife)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bank Heist
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15650/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

can you run google maps and opera mini or did t-mobile block 3rd party apps? if you can run 3rd party apps does the gps work with google maps and amazegps?
    I believe it comes with Google Maps but not Opera Mini. I have no clue if T-Mobile is going to block 3rd party Java apps like the TM506.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Feedback Score
    I got the Equinox this morning. I can confirm that GPS is on board, and it works great. Outside it took like 2 seconds for the Status info screen to show all of the satellites and the connection strength. Much faster than my TM-506. Also Google Maps 3.0 is on board with Google Latitude! (Only had like 2.3.2 on TM506). And this Google does work flawlessly with built in GPS.

T-Mobile also permitted the FM Radio and the Sony Ericsson email function. I was able to set up gmail just like on a debranded TM506 so that you have IMAP and Push email.

IM is available, but I think that's the usual T-mobile interface.

Threaded conversations is on this phone and appears to work well.

The phone's You Tube work simply and easily.

Phones
    Samsung m370
    Samsung m370
    Carriers
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Jett thanks for your report. Can it run Opera Mini?
    My current setup: Samsung m370 with Opera Mini on Ting's network gives me full Internet, 1000 texts, and 100 minutes for $17 a month. Roams on Verizon too.

Phone
    Moto X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i guess all that's left is to see if you can use it as a modem!

does the box cover really say "See your Faves in a new light?" and the phone still have the myFaves logo on the back even though they don't offer myFaves anymore?

according to the phonedog video, you can barely see the colored...that seems kind of pointless

Phones
    Current: Nexus 5 on the way!
    Past: HTC Sensation,
    Nokia Nuron, Nokia 6133, SE T610,
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox
    does the box cover really say "See your Faves in a new light?" and the phone still have the myFaves logo on the back even though they don't offer myFaves anymore?
    ---
    Anybody doing an upgrade to this phone with a (old) MyFaves account still has MyFaves. It's not dead, yet (it just can't take any new breaths).

I too will be very interested if this phone will run other Java apps (e.g., Operamini). I don't really like/need the cutsie lights but just by the specs, this phone as a lot to offer.
    TC.

Feedback Score
    Does SE PC Suite load modem drivers when you hook it up to your computer?

Phone
    LG G3, Sony Xperia Z Ultra
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Simple Plan 4 lines (unlimited on one and 2.5GB sharing on another) $130 | 4.5GB MBB
    Feedback Score
    can anybody successfully grab the Customize file?
    if so, please send it to sendspace.

Phone
    Moto X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat
    ---
    Anybody doing an upgrade to this phone with a (old) MyFaves account still has MyFaves. It's not dead, yet (it just can't take any new breaths).
    yeah but it's kind of funny that they are still advertising it...even though new customers won't be able to get myfaves...i guess you can still use it to store your 5 most used contacts though.

the T707 has a modem so I don't see why they would take it off of the equinox since they are mostly the same...

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...07?lc=en&cc=pk

also cellphone signal's specs lists modem...
    http://www.cellphonesignal.com/sonye...g-on-oct-28th/

but i guess the main sony equinox page doesn't list a modem...
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...ox?lc=en&cc=us

Phones
    Nexus One / SE Equinox TM717
    Huawei U8150/Comet
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    . . . . the T707 has a modem so I don't see why they would take it off of the equinox since they are mostly the same...
    True, but they took disabled the FM radio on the TM506 and that wasn't costing them any money. A modem could permit you to tether the phone and bypass getting a data card/usb device to hook to your computer. Much more incentive for T-Mobile to disable that than there was for the FM radio.

Feedback Score
    I can confirm that the modem does work and that you can tether. However, I only got it to work via Bluetooth Personal Area Networking. Dial-up networking is blocked via USB and Bluetooth. The following message appears: "Connection using external device is not allowed."

Quote Originally Posted by XRISTO
    Does SE PC Suite load modem drivers when you hook it up to your computer?
    Yes, PC suite loads the drivers for the USB drivers for the device.

No, my box didn't say that. However, the my faves logo is on the phone. And the my faves interface is annoying and you can't get rid of it. (I'll be looking to debranding to do that.)

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast