Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Sony Ericsson Equinox Thread (Ask questions HERE!)

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    I can confirm that the modem does work and that you can tether. However, I only got it to work via Bluetooth Personal Area Networking. Dial-up networking is blocked via USB and Bluetooth. The following message appears: "Connection using external device is not allowed."
    Heh.
    Same old, same old way as branded R3DA TM506.
    If I had spare money, I'll get this phone and try to hook it up with a2uploader, and hack the f' out!!!

BTW, can you use a2uploader with it?
    If so, this'll be another big seller.

a2uploader V4
    http://www.topsony.com/forum/local_l...6&linkid=52765
    Last edited by matt.mingkee; 10-28-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Raven
    Can it run Opera Mini?
    I have not had success getting Opera Mini to run on it. I've installed both version 4.2 and 5 beta and both can't seem to find the data connection. I've changed APN's and nothing.

Built-in netfront browser is using different data connections fine.

I don't know what the issue here is yet.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just bought one today and Opera Mini works fine on mine. I downloaded the version with multiple certificates and it fired right up and download a couple of pages. My Mac also recognizes the phone as being able to work with a modem, so I don't think there are any issues with the modem not being there.

So far I'm not seeing any big reason to debrand the thing quickly, at least not like with my old TM506. All of the stock Sony-Ericsson functionality seems to be there, including the ability to use Flash wallpapers. The only things that could go are the T-Mobile startup screen and the strange menu they use.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If either BT PAN or USB DUN works, I might pick it up. I still have 2 full upgrades available.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman
    I just bought one today and Opera Mini works fine on mine. I downloaded the version with multiple certificates and it fired right up and download a couple of pages.
    Do you have a link for that version? The instructions I saw had me enter in an address into the built in browser and then it downloaded the file.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just went to m.opera.com, and a couple of links down the page there's a link that says "If this version fails to install or you would like to install a previous version, please click here." If you click that, the first version is 4.2, English USA, multiple certificates.

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (iPad plan)
    Feedback Score

Last.fm or Pandora radio via browser?

Supposedly the built-in browser supports Flash Lite 3. Has anyone tried using it to access streaming radio from last.fm or pandora.com?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/812; U; zh) Presto/2.2.0)

Does anybody try to put in a separate setting and make tethering work? I couldn't do the test because I couldn't find a live unit.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 & 5310
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    Yes, PC suite loads the drivers for the USB drivers for the device.
    For some reason whenever i connect to PC suite it doesnt do anything. Its definitely not recognizing the phone. Something I may be doing wrong?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frog37_
    For some reason whenever i connect to PC suite it doesnt do anything. Its definitely not recognizing the phone. Something I may be doing wrong?
    perhaps you need T707 driver

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frog37_
    I downloaded the very latest version of PC Suite from the site to make sure I would have the correct driver. (I uninstalled the earlier version.) Then, start up PC Suite, I clicked How to Connect button in the upper left corner and followed the instructions to connect via USB.

It recognized the phone as a TM717, not T707. And it loaded all of the drivers.

Feedback Score

Opera Mini Instructions

Thanks riverman. With your help, I was able to install both Opera Mini 4.2 and Opera Mini 5 beta on the Equinox. Here are the exact steps for those who need them:

For Opera Mini 4.2

From the built-in browser go to:
    m.opera.com

Scroll down to, "If this version fails..."

Then select from Other versions:
    (English (USA), Multiple certificates)

For Opera Mini 5 beta

From the built-in browser go to:
    m.opera.com

Select "Try the new Mini 5 beta!"

Scroll down to "Other download options"

Scroll down to Options for Opera Mini 5 beta, then select "Select Code Signing Certificates"

Then select "All"

Then select "Opera Mini 5 beta"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    This is a big surprise, TM717 can be de-branded with T707 software, and 3G is unchanged; however, GPS is still unknown.
    I probably will get T707 tpa file, and install it onto TM717, debrand, done.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    so does tethering over usb work now? do you have to download t707 modem drivers though if you're not using the SE PC Suite to tether?

thanks

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Tethering on a Mac through Bluetooth won't work out of the box. I just tried it and it says "connection through external device not allowed". I'm assuming a simple customize.xml file change will fix it like on the later TM506 models.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast