Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Sony Ericsson Equinox Thread (Ask questions HERE!)

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm starting to think that T-Mobile's locked down what Java applications can run on the TM717. The weather application I used to use a lot on my TM506 doesn't work, no matter what settings I use in the Permissions and Internet Settings screens. That probably also explains why only the signed versions of Opera Mini seem to work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox
    so does tethering over usb work now? do you have to download t707 modem drivers though if you're not using the SE PC Suite to tether?
    Yes. You just change the customize.xml file and put the file back on the phone with a2uploader and USB tethering via Dial-Up Netoworking will work fine. No special drivers needed. See Debranding thread for details. PC Suite will put the equinox drivers on.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverman

Tethering on a Mac through Bluetooth won't work out of the box. I just tried it and it says "connection through external device not allowed". I'm assuming a simple customize.xml file change will fix it like on the later TM506 models.
    Yes, the same change to the xml file mentioned above will fix it. However, I was able to get my phone to tether out of the box using Bluetooth Personal Area Network. You may be able to do the same thing with Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by riverman

I'm starting to think that T-Mobile's locked down what Java applications can run on the TM717. The weather application I used to use a lot on my TM506 doesn't work, no matter what settings I use in the Permissions and Internet Settings screens. That probably also explains why only the signed versions of Opera Mini seem to work.
    There's a lot of security certificates on the phone in the custom folder. Perhaps getting rid of those will let the apps work easier.

Feedback Score
    If USB tethering works.. then probably Cradlepoint routers should be ok too..
    Can anybody confirm this ??

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Now I am unsure should I get this sucker because I only leave it as experiment as I migrated to smartphone. TM717 appears useless.

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    SE TM 506
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman
    I just bought one today and Opera Mini works fine on mine. I downloaded the version with multiple certificates and it fired right up and download a couple of pages. My Mac also recognizes the phone as being able to work with a modem, so I don't think there are any issues with the modem not being there.

So far I'm not seeing any big reason to debrand the thing quickly, at least not like with my old TM506. All of the stock Sony-Ericsson functionality seems to be there, including the ability to use Flash wallpapers. The only things that could go are the T-Mobile startup screen and the strange menu they use.
    I agree, so far no compelling reason to debrand, though I never did so with my tm506. Overall, I think I'm going to love this phone.

You CAN get rid of the startup screen, but I too would like to revert to the grid menu, but there's no way to do it like with the tm506.

Using Mac 10.6, I was able to tether with both BT and USB without a hitch! USB modem speeds are faster: consistent 900kpbs vs 700 with the tm506 (could be a network fluke, too lazy to switch out sim repeatedly, but I never got more than 800kpbs with the 506 here in San Diego).

GPS: indoors, I got a lock in 7 seconds. MUCH better. Comes with google maps!

Youtube app is included, and you can upload to your account, but havent tried it yet. Obviously, the camera resolution is better, and low light resolution is much better--much less noise.

Main complaints:
    The speaker phone, while louder than the branded 506, sucks--voices cut out. Reception seems poorer.
    The phone starts up showing edge, and takes a minute to show 3g, and phone positioning seems more critical to get proper reception (with the phone laying flat on the table, got 200 kpbs--edge-- on the speed test, so I dont think its simply the indicator). Anyone else experience this?
    No external m2 slot.

iSync DOESN'T work!!! If anyone figures out an iSync hack, please let me know.
    Last edited by ibtrotter; 10-31-2009 at 12:26 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyn00b
    Supposedly the built-in browser supports Flash Lite 3. Has anyone tried using it to access streaming radio from last.fm or pandora.com?
    I tried both sites on the phone's built in browser. Pandora.com immediately said that they did not support my device. On last.fm, I could make a selection, but I couldn't figure out how to hear any audio. The screen displayed a little audio meter that was active. I even tried with headphones, but couldn't hear anything.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I prepared version 1.3, which is basically same as 1.2, but I have basic AT&T settings added (MEdia Net, MMS). Until anybody managed to unlock this phone, I won't post this file.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0))

Update
    I just purchased it, no upgrade fee.
    The phone uses BST-39 battery, and it comes with DCU-65 cable, and a stereo headset.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0))

Update
    The phone uses BST-39 battery, and it comes with DCU-65 cable, and a stereo headset.
    how did you buy it without an upgrade fee? or did you pay full retail?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox

Update
    how did you buy it without an upgrade fee? or did you pay full retail?
    Paid MSRP, no $18 fee.
    SEUS can't recognize this phone.
    Even I put in my Customize file, I still can't use MFRadio, though tethering works.

Feedback Score

SEUS can't recognize this phone.
    I downloaded the latest SEUS on Wednesday and it recognized the phone. Even has TM717 listed in the list and pictures of phones. Even when I tried to changed the CDA number to a T707 version, it still recognized at TM717.

Device(s)
    Nokia Astound, SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    ATT and Verizon Spied on You
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone gotten 3rd party gps apps to work? Those that I had used on the tm506 (gpsed, velox, etc) to generate tracks and keep track of distance, elevation, etc, while biking and hiking arent connecting with the gps. Most detect the internal gps, they just can't utilize it. Google maps is working, so I know its not a problem with the gps chip itself. This is a deal breaker with the phone, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Current: Nexus 5 on the way!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven't read this anywhere so I'll ask straight out... can this phone sync contacts and/or calendar with MS Outlook? I find that a good back up and I can sync my wife's phone with mine that way. I like all the other features of the phone so I hope this is possible.

Thanks.
    TC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat
    I haven't read this anywhere so I'll ask straight out... can this phone sync contacts and/or calendar with MS Outlook? I find that a good back up and I can sync my wife's phone with mine that way. I like all the other features of the phone so I hope this is possible.
    According to the Sony Ericsson website, the free PC Suite software they offer for download, will do this:

Allows you to synchronize data between your phone and your computer.
    The supported databases are Outlook®, Lotus Notes®, Windows Address Book, Windows Contacts and Windows Calendar. The supported browser is Internet Explorer®.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by notedigo
    Has anyone gotten 3rd party gps apps to work? Those that I had used on the tm506 (gpsed, velox, etc) to generate tracks and keep track of distance, elevation, etc, while biking and hiking arent connecting with the gps. Most detect the internal gps, they just can't utilize it.
    I downloaded gpsed, but I couldn't get it to even recognize the gps. I had the gps turned on and connected by using Status Info and in the Location services menu. I had a strong connection.

Then I tried editing the customize.xml file on the phone to see if I could get that to change, but I didn't have any success.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast