Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Sony Ericsson Equinox Thread (Ask questions HERE!)

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone figured out how to change the right softkey?

Device(s)
    Nokia Astound, SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    ATT and Verizon Spied on You
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    I downloaded gpsed, but I couldn't get it to even recognize the gps. I had the gps turned on and connected by using Status Info and in the Location services menu. I had a strong connection.

Then I tried editing the customize.xml file on the phone to see if I could get that to change, but I didn't have any success.
    I installed Telmap, and it works great. Under permissions, it lists location services, whereas GPSed and the others don't, which makes me think that its not due to tmo, but rather overall incompatibility with the phone.

Has anyone noticed that the volume level is limited to a rather low level, at least with stereo BT while using the media player? Any way around this?

Device(s)
    Nokia Astound, SE TM506
    Carrier(s)
    ATT and Verizon Spied on You
    Feedback Score
    The phones shortcomings overshadowed its pluses, and I returned it today. Better camera, fm radio, push email and sms chat were the only benefits that I saw; java apps using location services didnt work, pissy menus, BAD reception, and restricted volume levels, at least with a2dp. Not worth $160. I can't understand why tmobile would want to limit what could be a really great phone. My branded 506 is still the champ --it's always tethered, and the gps works great even in the backcountry.

Feedback Score
    For those that find the main menu on the Equinox too cumbersome, I discovered some keyboard shortcuts you can use so that you don't have to watch the icons rotate into position.

Once the menu screen appears, simply hit the following numeric key and you'll go straight into the sub-menu:

1 Contacts
    2 Messaging
    3 Media
    4 Settings
    5 Organizer
    6 Call History

Or you can get rid of the T-Mobile created main menu altogether. Instructions are in the Equinox debranding thread.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think the Equinox is a pretty good upgrade over the TM506. I agree that reception does seem to be down a little bit compared to the 506, but it's much thinner, better looking (in my opinion), and it seems to be a lot snappier running applications and just navigating around the menus than the 506. My 506 had gotten to be a real dog when trying to use Google Maps, but the Equinox runs beautifully, and having Google Maps 3.0 running with the GPS is nice. My biggest complaint is that the volume rocker is smaller and more flush with the body than the 506's, and I'm wondering how durable the silver paint will be.

Feedback Score
    I definitely like the T717, (Equinox), better than the TM506. My call reception seems a little better, audio quality seems clearer, and louder, aGPS is functional, and initializes faster. AmazGPS v. 5.0 works great, TeleNav GPS Navigator v. 5.2.8 works great, OperaMini v. 5.0 signed works great, GoogleMaps v. 3.0 with Latitude works great. The Equinox is faster overall; moving around the UI, multitasking, playing back video, etc. Streaming audio, video, and TV from my home PC running ORB media server v. 2.51 is performing excellently. I like that I can use the Conversation style threads for text messages. I want to thank Jet1000, and Scottish for providing information that has allowed me to enable TrackID, enable tethering, and restore the default SE Main Menu layout, amongst other things :-) I even picked up the really cool MS410, and turned the Equinox into a little boombox lol: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...10?lc=en&cc=us ...I think that this is turning out to be a pretty good backup feature phone, while I wait for a version 2.0 Android capable phone that supports T-Mobile's 3G band 1700/2100, and the upcoming 21 Mbps download speeds, with a powerful 1 Ghz processor, 8 MP camera and decent battery life. I can dream, can't I?

Feedback Score
    I also noticed that the Equinox has more on-board memory available than the TM506, 100 MB versus only 32 MB, My main issue with the T717 is Internet access for some J2ME applications, which appears to be related to security settings on the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by solarlove
    My call reception seems a little better, audio quality seems clearer, and louder. The Equinox is faster overall; moving around the UI, multitasking,
    I agree. The TM-506 UI has always been a little laggy and it's good to see that improvement in the Equinox. I also noticed the calls seeming to be a little clearer and louder as well.

Perhaps a different audio driver can be found to correct the bluetooth volume issue that notedigo found.

Feedback Score

Streaming of audio via stereo bluetooth is working great here.

Quote Originally Posted by notedigo
    Has anyone noticed that the volume level is limited to a rather low level, at least with stereo BT while using the media player? Any way around this?
    Streaming of audio via stereo bluetooth is working great here. The audio sound level is excellent. In fact, stereo bluetooth streaming performance has increased noticeably from the TM506, (no audio drop outs), possibly due to the increased memory on the T717, which is now 100 MB compared to 32 MB on the TM506. The increased performance makes me wonder if they might have even clocked up the processor?

Feedback Score
    I picked up a TM717 and either show an H icon or not.
    ( I modified the Customize.xml file)

Anyway, How do you know which of the following area apply ?
    ( UMTS, HSDPA 1.8, or HSDPA 3.6)
    ( I am assuming the H shows for any of those areas).

thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomkelso

Anyway, How do you know which of the following area apply ?
    ( UMTS, HSDPA 1.8, or HSDPA 3.6)
    ( I am assuming the H shows for any of those areas).

thanks
    If 3G icon is active in the customize.xml file you will see that instead of an H in a UMTS only area.

The customize.xml file had these other tags that weren't on TM-506:

<hide-hsdpa-rab-icon>false</hide-hsdpa-rab-icon>
    <hide-hsupa-rab-icon>false</hide-hsupa-rab-icon>
    <hide-hsupa-icon>false</hide-hsupa-icon>

On my phone, I changed the hide to false, but I haven't seen any of those new icons yet.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    The phone doesn't support HSUPA anyway. Something worse is, the phone's HSDPA is a bit slower.

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thinking of buying either this or the T-Mobile Tap for my wife. She disliked the E71-2 so I sold it.

So do you guys think it's worth the $$$?
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Since tethering on this phone can be enabled plus USB network can be set up, TM717 is not bad even generic software has not released yet.

Feedback Score
    Since TMo is blocking all Option devices for old GF plans... TM506 is only cheap solution left for tethering.. As Tmo has already pulled Tm506 from retail stores, should I stock pile TM506 for future tethering ??

I am not sure if Equinox is as good as TM506 for tethering purpose..

Let me know your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance
    Since tethering on this phone can be enabled plus USB network can be set up, TM717 is not bad even generic software has not released yet.
    Last edited by libran28; 11-12-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast