Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Sony Ericsson Equinox Thread (Ask questions HERE!)

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by libran28
    Since TMo is blocking all Option devices for old GF plans... TM506 is only cheap solution left for tethering.. As Tmo has already pulled Tm506 from retail stores, should I stock pile TM506 for future tethering ??

I am not sure if Equinox is as good as TM506 for tethering purpose..

Let me know your thoughts.
    TM717 can be tethered with hacked Customize.xml and menu.ml; however, don't expect it's faster than TM506. If you want to have faster speed for tethering, get Pharos or N900.

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    I have Pharos .. but do not prefer to use as phone....

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance
    TM717 can be tethered with hacked Customize.xml and menu.ml; however, don't expect it's faster than TM506. If you want to have faster speed for tethering, get Pharos or N900.

Feedback Score
    If you want to have faster speed for tethering, get Pharos or N900.
    Dash 3G is probably the most economical way to get tethering with HSDPA 7.2 Mbps.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    Dash 3G is probably the most economical way to get tethering with HSDPA 7.2 Mbps.
    HMMM...I forgot that.
    Dash also has wide range of hardware support, you can use TP2 battery, G1 or MyTouch headset.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman
    Tethering on a Mac through Bluetooth won't work out of the box. I just tried it and it says "connection through external device not allowed". I'm assuming a simple customize.xml file change will fix it like on the later TM506 models.
    please, let me know how exacly I can change the .XML file, I really need bluetooth tethering working, Thank you.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Pharos-Traveler 137/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0))

Quote Originally Posted by martins2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman
    Tethering on a Mac through Bluetooth won't work out of the box. I just tried it and it says "connection through external device not allowed". I'm assuming a simple customize.xml file change will fix it like on the later TM506 models.
    please, let me know how exacly I can change the .XML file, I really need bluetooth tethering working, Thank you.
    check my post in this or equinox debranding thread. I have a link you can get my modified xml file.

Feedback Score
    Actually I got bluetooth tethering to work without modification. You have to use personal area network to do so. Dial-up networking by bluetooth is blocked out of the box. Customize.xml file must be changed for Dial-Up networking to work. See the debranding thread for more details.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    Actually I got bluetooth tethering to work without modification. You have to use personal area network to do so. Dial-up networking by bluetooth is blocked out of the box. Customize.xml file must be changed for Dial-Up networking to work. See the debranding thread for more details.
    I have Archo 5 internet tablet, and it works only with DUN bluetooth profile. I hope this is possible with equinox. I will try to find the "equinox debranding" threat and fallow the instruction. If it works, it will save me 300.00 right way.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Get my hacked Customize.xml
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/pb1syj
    you have to clear the setting first, no factory reset required.
    I have the modified menu.ml, which have USB network menu added, but I have to wait till later tomorrow to upload.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    After a bad experience with the Samsung T-659 (which I returned), I bought the Sony Ericsson Equinox. For it's price, it's packed with features! The set-up was a snap...was able to load my contacts and calendar appt's in no time. Love the feature of when you add a B-Day in your contacts, it automatically places them in your calendar! My Moto RIZR & the last Samsung I had didn't do that! Like the various app's available, such as the Facebook app, TeleNav, You Tube, etc. It allows me to get HTML push-like e-mail with my AOL account...and the predictive text for texting works great! If you manually have to spell something, a little window pop's up as your hitting the key to show you how many hits you have to make to get the correct letter or number...makes texting very easy. Love the FM radio...that works great! The browser is very fast, aided by 3G speeds. Web pages loaded fairly rapidly. The audio quality is fantastic! Voices sound very clear with a great range of lows/highs. No problems with signal strength as well...haven't dropped a call yet! The phone is light and thin...fit's in my pocket. Haven't had a chance to use the camera much yet, but from what I've seen so far, it takes great pics! Again, for the price it has a lot to offer. Sure this will be a keeper for me!

After all that...A QUESTION! When I pull up an e-mail with an attachment, in the menu it gives you a link to "attachments", which basically scrolls you down to the bottom where the attachment is. You click on it and it has you save it to a file...where then you can't read it!! Is there a way to simply just "read" the attachment? Or is this phone not capable? In the settings, I put the "Download Limit" to "No Limit"...will this fix it? Let me know. I realize it's not a Smartphone...but then why does it give you a link to the attachments?!?

Much thanks in advance!
    Chris
    Chris C.

Feedback Score
    Get my hacked Customize.xml
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/pb1syj
    you have to clear the setting first, no factory reset required.
    I have the modified menu.ml, which have USB network menu added, but I have to wait till later tomorrow to upload.
    thank you very much, I got your file. first step, second;
    I can't gett a2uploader to see my phone, holding c or 2+5 . i waited like a minute, and windows reconize the phone as mass storage. I have installed gordon'gate driver stuffs. Any ideas? thanks

"windows vista 64bits, 6Gb ram, 2.0 quad core, HD4870 x2. laptop asus.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    thank you very much, I got your file. first step, second;
    I can't gett a2uploader to see my phone, holding c or 2+5 . i waited like a minute, and windows reconize the phone as mass storage. I have installed gordon'gate driver stuffs. Any ideas? thanks

"windows vista 64bits, 6Gb ram, 2.0 quad core, HD4870 x2. laptop asus.
    You have to re-insert battery, then press and hold C when plugging USB cable, here is the procedure:
    1. turn the phone off
    2. (if you have Gordon's Gate or SEUS installed, skip this step)
    3. run a2uploader->file system tool
    4. press and hold C when plugging in USB cable, if it's successful, you should see the phone info on the left
    5. go to /tpa/preset/custom, delete Customize.xml file first, then put yours in
    6. restart the phone, go to the first tab, master reset->the top one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRCinOklnd
    You click on it and it has you save it to a file...where then you can't read it!!
    What kind of attachment are you trying to open?

Feedback Score
    You have to re-insert battery, then press and hold C when plugging USB cable, here is the procedure:
    1. turn the phone off
    2. (if you have Gordon's Gate or SEUS installed, skip this step)
    3. run a2uploader->file system tool
    4. press and hold C when plugging in USB cable, if it's successful, you should see the phone info on the left
    5. go to /tpa/preset/custom, delete Customize.xml file first, then put yours in
    6. restart the phone, go to the first tab, master reset->the top one
    This is not hard to follow at all. I dont know what else to try. It still doesn't show nothing about my phone, only windows open a folder for storage.

*How many pin connectors your USB cable has? mine has 4
    * Does is has to be plugged on a specific USB port? (because on the top on the a2uploader it say on USB #1) I was thinking this minght be the problem since my USB port #1 is actually a SATA connector. then i have try this on other PC. Thank you.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    This is not hard to follow at all. I dont know what else to try. It still doesn't show nothing about my phone, only windows open a folder for storage.

*How many pin connectors your USB cable has? mine has 4
    * Does is has to be plugged on a specific USB port? (because on the top on the a2uploader it say on USB #1) I was thinking this minght be the problem since my USB port #1 is actually a SATA connector. then i have try this on other PC. Thank you.
    This is strange, I tried Ultimate Unlocker after SEUS was installed, it worked (I am waiting for credit to hard unlock the phone)
    I don't have a2uploader on my Win 7 machine yet, but if Ultimate Unlocker works, a2uploader should.
    You may try press 2+5 together when plugging in USB cable (mine is also came with the phone).

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast