Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: The OFFICIAL Sony Ericsson Equinox Thread (Ask questions HERE!)

Feedback Score
    It sounds like you may have a bad USB cable from what you described. Because even if Tmobile was blocking tethering usually you see a message in the pc browser saying you need to change your data plan.

But when the phone is flashing on and off like you describe it sounds like there might be something wrong with the USB cable.

If your computer has a bluetooth connector, you can try to tether via that. Or you can order a replacement cable on ebay and see if that works.

I'll try to dig out my old phone and see if I can tether with it in the next few days.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Jet. Well, since I posted last, I've worked T-Mobile and SE. A few long phone calls. I reset my phone, which made a few things work on it again. T-Mobile says that my data plan no longer supports tethering as of 1/1/14. SE says that the TM717 is no longer supported and the current SE Suite version does not have the option to tether. I've started looking for a new phone to tether with. Any recommends? I'd be curious to set if your TM717 still tethers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tamysli View Post
    Thanks Jet. Well, since I posted last, I've worked T-Mobile and SE. A few long phone calls. I reset my phone, which made a few things work on it again. T-Mobile says that my data plan no longer supports tethering as of 1/1/14. SE says that the TM717 is no longer supported and the current SE Suite version does not have the option to tether. I've started looking for a new phone to tether with. Any recommends? I'd be curious to set if your TM717 still tethers.
    I tested my TM717 today and I was able to tether with both USB and with bluetooth just as I always have. Having gone back and reread your post, when you say that " I cannot see any APN's under USB mode." when you look at the USB menu the menu should say:

USB mode
    USB network
    USB default mode

If you select USB network, then select USB data accounts, you should see a list of data accounts which contain the APN's. Are you not seeing that? If you're not, then you can add back a data account with an APN.

Let me know what you're seeing on your phone.

And what is the actual name of the data plan that you have? You just said that you have the unlimited data plan, but that could be several things.

Device(s)
    TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hey Jet, am pleased to see you're still frequently this forum. I had difficulty getting the debranding of the Equinox going so a couple of years ago I bought a TM506 off ebay, unlocked they claimed, and apparently they were right as it tethers and behaves unbranded. I've since bought a couple of cheap used TM506s that were supposed to be unlocked but they didn't behave that way.

Today I see that my TM506 camera is apparently dead. When I try to open the function, the screen comes up but it does not discern light apparently. It's a uniformly black screen. The lens is not blocked of course. I'm guessing it's not fixable. Nothing to do but try to breathe life into this Equinox or come around to the herd and get some kind of smart phone.

I've liked this SE, obviously, it's compact, the camera is outstanding, and the tethering is a bargain. Now I've got to somehow get the A2 uploader to download for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
    Now I've got to somehow get the A2 uploader to download for me.
    I uploaded my latest version of a2uploader to sendspace for you:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bkiod9

Make sure you download from the link that says "Click here to start download from sendspace" and not from the banner ad at the top.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24