Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SCH-R451C Micro SD card

Phone
    Samsung R451c
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

SCH-R451C Micro SD card

Help!! I can't figure out how to take ringtones or music for ringtones off my SD card. It says it can be done but I can't figue out how. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Phones
    Motorola Droid 3
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Code:
    Page 54 
    Loading Music FilesTo be played with Music Player, music must be stored on a microSD™ MemoryCard, in a folder named My_Music. The My_Music folder is created for you whenyou install the microSD™ Memory Card into your phone.► Copy music files to the microSD™ Memory Card using your personal computer.
    My Ringtones My Ringtones lets you assign ringtones for calls, alarms, and other alerts.► In standby mode, press Menu ➔ Multimedia ➔ My Ringtones.

My Sounds My Sounds lets you record and manage voice memo files and assign melodies asringers or alerts.► In standby mode, press the Menu ➔ Multimedia ➔ My Sounds
    page 54 of the user manual. I downloaded it here- http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi= first link, html version

it should be a simple matter of just browsing to where the ringtones are located on the sd card after what it says to do. However, you Might need to create a folder on the card named My Ringtones and move the files into there.
    If only everything in life included an UNDO function....

Phone
    Samsung R451c
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Ok thank you! I figured out what I was doing wrong, I put the ringtones into a separate file inside My Ringtones. I moved each file individually and jeez they magically appeared on my phone! Thanks for replying though to my post!
    Cheers!!

Phones
    Motorola Droid 3
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    lol isn't it Horrible how specific these devices read the folder structure?
    I'm glad that you got it worked out though. Enjoy

Phones
    Motorola DROID
    Old: Samsung SCH-R451C
    Old: RAZR V3m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I haven't been able to copy the ringtones from my card to my phone. Is this possible? I don't see anything about it in the user manual, just how to set them from the card.

Phone
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoxx
    I haven't been able to copy the ringtones from my card to my phone. Is this possible? I don't see anything about it in the user manual, just how to set them from the card.
    You most likely can't easily do it.

They'll just be used off of the MicroSD card as needed.

I buy a MicroSD card for each of my phones and use it specifically for that phone.

Phones
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nalioth
    You most likely can't easily do it.

They'll just be used off of the MicroSD card as needed.

I buy a MicroSD card for each of my phones and use it specifically for that phone.
    Yeah probably what I will end up doing is that. I just didn't want to have to :P

Phone
    Samsung R451c
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Reply to Rhoxx

You can do it. You have to move each ringtone seperatly from your computer into the My Ringtones file on your sd card. Thats how I had to do it. Doesn't matter what file type it is, but I now have multiple ringtones on my phone now. Hope this helps!!

Phone
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyfrog1980
    You can do it. You have to move each ringtone seperatly from your computer into the My Ringtones file on your sd card. Thats how I had to do it. Doesn't matter what file type it is, but I now have multiple ringtones on my phone now. Hope this helps!!
    The writer wants to move them from their SD card to their phone memory.

Phones
    Motorola Droid 3
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nalioth
    The writer wants to move them from their SD card to their phone memory.
    it would be the same principle, except changing the destination. instead of from the PC to the card, it would be from the PC to the Device.

In which case you are going to need a usb cable. One that acts as a DATA cable, not just one that acts as a power cord (and no, not all of them do if you're buying it 3rd party).
    You will also need the drivers for the phone, in order for your PC to recognize it as a device, installed ON the pc. I BELIEVE that these drivers are included with Samsung's multimedia suite (or whatever it's called) but I can't be for sure. I've read that you can use the drivers from a similar model. Same number but doesn't have the C at the end.
    lastly, you will need a program which is capable of reading the directories on the phone. The aformentioned samsung software should be able to, and a program called BitPim should also be able to.
    The program from VZW, called VZ Access Manager might also do the trick. Not sure, never used it and not real familiar with VZ's software. Sorry.
    I would also mention that your sd card probaly has a lot more available memory than the phone itself. Memory which isnt getting eaten up with phone logs, text messages, web cache, installed apps, etc etc etc. Basically put, if you can run them off the card, you're better off doing it that way

that is of course assuming that the PC just recognizes the phone just PlugNPlay as a usb storage device when I mention the additional softwares.

Feedback Score
    Hi..
    It should be a simple matter of just browsing to where the ringtones are located on the sd card after what it says to do. However, you Might need to create a folder on the card named My Ringtones and move the files into there.

Phones
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can use the ringtones fine from the card by navigating to the My Ringtones folder on my phone. There just isn't an option to move/copy the files from the card to the phone. I might try a data cable, but not for a little bit anyway.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    To my knowledge the SCH-R451C does not have a usb port to transfer data between PC and phone. The SD card must remain in the phone at all times to be used for music and or ringtones.

Feedback Score

can't get micro sd card to work at all

HI all, hopefully I have come to the right place. I recently got the samsung R451 straight talk phone. I bought a PNY 2g card to go with it. I cannot get the darn thing to read, format or acknowledge the card at all I have tried everything. ANY HELP???
    TIA

Feedback Score

Samsung SCH-R451C

I have exactly the same problem.
    A 2g PNY micro-sd card thatb isn't read by the phone.
    Tech help at Straight Talk said to use a 1g card instead. I still have to find one. Their all 2g, 4g, & 8g.

Has anyone been able to read a PNY sd card larger than 1g on their R451C?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast