Thread: net10 T401G charging the wrong text rate

Feedback Score

net10 T401G charging the wrong text rate

like some others on this forum, I purchased a samsung t401G and it advertises 3 cent text messages. Mine deducts 5 cents. When I called in to support, they are telling me it must be a misprint and no phones are allowed 3 cents and there is no way to even update it.

I was on the phone for 2 hours trying to deal with this and came away with no resolution.

Any tips from those that were able to get the advertised 3 cent text rate?

Thanks,

Mark

Phones
    LG 290C
    Nokia 6300 (unlocked)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I don't have this phone or this problem. But as one who has experience with Tracfone and Net10, your best bet is to simply call back and hope for a different rep. Don't waste two hours with someone who is stubborn and unhelpful. Just keep calling back until you get an agent who will solve your problem.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    yeah, I think the infamous tipstir had that problem and managed to get it fixed.

Phones
    iPhone 4 VZW - Nokia 2126 TracFone
    iPhone 4 - Nokia 2126
    Carriers
    1. GWI iLine
    3. ex- AT&terrible
    Feedback Score
    How about the executive resolution dept in FL?

It usually rings through to someone's desk (in my limited experience) and cuts the whole thing down to 5-10 minutes, whereas with the regular 800 # I'd be on hold for 30m, 1hr, 2hrs and probably not get anywhere in the next half hour with whomever I'm speaking with (scripting, CSR not understanding the problem,...).
    Last edited by icerabbit; 10-29-2009 at 08:33 AM.
    It's getting the signal that matters.

GoPhone Caution: AT&T / Cingular GoPhone = No Roaming
    Our Nokia CDMA TracFones boldly go anywhere and make calls beyond where we only dreamed to get a signal with Cingular / AT&T

Feedback Score
    thanks for the tip! I will try the executive resolution department today.

thanks.

Feedback Score
    icerabbit - I can't thank you enough.

I called the executive resolution department and someone answered on the second ring and within 5 minutes the issue was resolved. Very refreshing.

Thanks Again!

Phones
    T-401G (2)
    LG-300G (2)
    LG-225G (2)
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Nope I never had this issue I had an issue minutes be deducted wrongly. You should check that out as well. Test and call your home and then hangup. No minutes should be used. They can fix with a simple code sent to your phone just like they did with your 5 cent text.

Check *#4 in code entry to see if your setup for 1.00 minutes each. If so then if it still deducts minutes wrongly you need to call CS.

Feedback Score
    Just an update on this issue... I bought 2 401g phones and think I have figured out why some people are seeing this problem and others are not. I activated one phone without porting in a number and it worked fine and immediately got the 3 cents a minute text rate.

On the other phone which was purchased at the exact same time, I ported a number and minutes from another net10 phone. On this phone the initial text message rate was 5 cents a minute. I had to call customer service and have them walk me through entering 5 long codes in the service menu in order to get 3 cents.

Hope this info helps some of you!

Phones
    LG Dare (Verizon)
    Samsung T401G (Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ncguy
    Just an update on this issue... I bought 2 401g phones and think I have figured out why some people are seeing this problem and others are not. I activated one phone without porting in a number and it worked fine and immediately got the 3 cents a minute text rate.

On the other phone which was purchased at the exact same time, I ported a number and minutes from another net10 phone. On this phone the initial text message rate was 5 cents a minute. I had to call customer service and have them walk me through entering 5 long codes in the service menu in order to get 3 cents.

Hope this info helps some of you!
    This is exactly what happened to me. I ported the phone number from my old Net10 phone along with my pre-existing minutes into the new Samsung and it came back with 5-cent texts. I had to call twice to get a rep that would help, and she hadn't heard of the issue , but went to her supervisor and they informed her of the codes I had to enter to make it right. Now it's working fine as per ncguy's same experience.