Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 351

Thread: Equinox Debranding Thread

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    Everybody, let's start debranding fun!!!
    download the T707 Customize file, go to topsony.com, there's a list of CDA you want to use, copy the CDA for the region you want, and put it in
    <cda-number>????-????</cda-number>
    save it as Customize_upgrade.xml, turn on the phone once, once you see the standby screen, you can turn it off.
    use your SEUS, if you haven't backup any file/contracts, DO IT NOW!
    WARNING: FLASHING WILL ERASE YOUR PERSONAL FILES AND CONTACTS!!!
    wait till the progress finished, and your phone is de-branded!!!
    T707 Hong Kong region customize file
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/s52luv

    note: if you want T-Mobile setting, you can use TM506 Customize file, and rename it to Customize_upgrade.xml.



    Optimum/Cablevision

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    958
    Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Teknosys
    You are right, no GPS in the service test menu. (But Google maps 3.0 is pre-installed). I'm not worried, I use my iPhone for GPS anyway.
    is there any advantage of the GPS over google maps 3.0? I never really used the gps programs in the tm506 anyway.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have prepared T707 customize file with full T-Mobile and partial ATT settings; however, this is based on Hong Kong version (with matching java files). If you want other region, you need to edit <java> section to match.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/wadg2u
    Too bad I have migrated to WM, but I will get TM717 as backup.
    don't forget to rename as Customize.xml

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,582
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance
    I finished 1st mod, make sure you have to back up your address book, there's an option you can backup at advanced option.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/8dqodq
    rename it to Customize.xml, you MUST factory reset the phone to remove the original settings
    mod:
    1. remove tethering restriction
    2. added internet2 and internet3 APNs
    3. can display G/E/3G/H/U icons
    4. enable GSM/3G menu (if any)
    5. enable FOTA menu
    I can confirm that the changes you made to the customize.xml file posted do changes 1-4. Tethering on USB and Bluetooth via Dial-Up-Networking is no longer blocked!! I am receiving the H icon. And the GSM/3G menu is available. I could not find the FOTA menu (usually, it's in the General tab).

    To do this, download Scottish's revised customize.xml file.

    I got the latest version I know of a2uploader (9/22/09) from here:

    http://www.sony-ericsson.ru/forums2/...e=post&id=2949

    I deleted the customize.xml file and replaced it with Scottish's.

    When I turned on the phone, I went into Settings\General Tab\Master Reset\Reset settings. (Not Reset all)

    This did not delete contacts or messages from the phone. There was no need to do phone backup. When the phone came back on, the changes from the Customize.xml file were in place.

    No need to use T707 firmware for this.

    DJ Tek---thanks for the tip about CodeClaw. It worked fine, and I backed up the files that it had before adjusting the customize file.

    Cheaplikeafox---the main advantage of gps with Google Maps is it makes your location very accurate---like within 50 meters. The Equinox GPS locks very fast and works very well with built google maps. I'm very pleased.

    Not sure yet, why I would need to switch to T707. So far I can do most everything I want from further edits to customize file and GPS is in tact. I'll try T707 per Scottish recommendation to see if there are any further benefits.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    427
    Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Did Scottish's customize file bring back the standard menu?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    I can confirm that the changes you made to the customize.xml file posted do changes 1-4. Tethering on USB and Bluetooth via Dial-Up-Networking is no longer blocked!! I am receiving the H icon. And the GSM/3G menu is available. I could not find the FOTA menu (usually, it's in the General tab).

    To do this, download Scottish's revised customize.xml file.

    I got the latest version I know of a2uploader (9/22/09) from here:

    http://www.sony-ericsson.ru/forums2/...e=post&id=2949

    I deleted the customize.xml file and replaced it with Scottish's.

    When I turned on the phone, I went into Settings\General Tab\Master Reset\Reset settings. (Not Reset all)

    This did not delete contacts or messages from the phone. There was no need to do phone backup. When the phone came back on, the changes from the Customize.xml file were in place.

    No need to use T707 firmware for this.

    DJ Tek---thanks for the tip about CodeClaw. It worked fine, and I backed up the files that it had before adjusting the customize file.

    Cheaplikeafox---the main advantage of gps with Google Maps is it makes your location very accurate---like within 50 meters. The Equinox GPS locks very fast and works very well with built google maps. I'm very pleased.

    Not sure yet, why I would need to switch to T707. So far I can do most everything I want from further edits to customize file and GPS is in tact. I'll try T707 per Scottish recommendation to see if there are any further benefits.
    If you look at the post above, this is an updated one, but used for T707 software, you can examine it and do more modification.
    I'll buy TM717 to do hacking, hopefully java will be unlocked.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,582
    Feedback Score
    0
    Track ID can be activated by adjusting the tag for it in the customize.xml file. It will appear in the Entertainment menu.

    Riverman---The Scottish customize file did not change the menu. I would love to get rid of those spinning circles. The menu style may be theme dependent. If you go to the Pink Lilac theme and go to the menu, the selector slides up and down instead of circling.

    I tried putting a TM506 flash theme on the phone and it did not work.

    The TM506 has an option in the Display tab called Main Menu Layout. Grid, Rotating, Single Icon or from Theme. I don't see that menu option in Equinox but I prefer grid.

    Edit: I tried the second Scottish customize.xml. It was weird that service info in service menu didn't pick up the CDA number. Under Customization where the CDA usually is, it just said "No CDA."
    Last edited by jet1000; 10-30-2009 at 02:49 AM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    I think I have to make a custom menu.ml (do you remember this file).
    Now this is an interesting question, will GPS (not Assisted GPS) work with Google Maps.
    The reason why I debrand it because I want to use MFradio.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    427
    Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got TrackID back. I just changed the false flag to true in Scottish's customize.xml file, so that was easy. Thanks to Jet1000 for that!

    I was looking at the customize file, and in the beginning, it has commands to copy the four Flash menus (desktops) from tpa/preset/custom to tpa/preset/system/desktop/flash and rename them. I was thinking that if these lines are deleted from the customize file and the files in tpa/preset/system/desktop/flash were deleted, the phone would probably default back to the standard SE menu since the Flash menus were gone. The problem is that a2uploader won't let me delete them. It even has problems changing them to RW status. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can delete them?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman
    I got TrackID back. I just changed the false flag to true in Scottish's customize.xml file, so that was easy. Thanks to Jet1000 for that!

    I was looking at the customize file, and in the beginning, it has commands to copy the four Flash menus (desktops) from tpa/preset/custom to tpa/preset/system/desktop/flash and rename them. I was thinking that if these lines are deleted from the customize file and the files in tpa/preset/system/desktop/flash were deleted, the phone would probably default back to the standard SE menu since the Flash menus were gone. The problem is that a2uploader won't let me delete them. It even has problems changing them to RW status. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can delete them?
    Which a2uploader you're using?
    I think we should wait for the one supports W518 and T707, but I am thinking about to debrand it with T707 software if I decided to get it.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    427
    Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance
    Which a2uploader you're using?
    The one from 9/22/09 that jet1000 posted a link to just a few posts above.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    I think I have no choice but kill off the branding.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    958
    Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    thanks for the info jet. so to summarize on how to enable usb tethering on the equinox...just download scottish's customize.xml file and use that one while going through the same TM506 debranding wiki and I should be set? GPS will still be intact with this method like jet said and it's not necessary to download anything new?

    Yeah it's weird you can't change the circles to a grid...i like the grid better too because it's much faster to access.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    31,608
    Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox
    thanks for the info jet. so to summarize on how to enable usb tethering on the equinox...just download scottish's customize.xml file and use that one while going through the same TM506 debranding wiki and I should be set? GPS will still be intact with this method like jet said and it's not necessary to download anything new?

    Yeah it's weird you can't change the circles to a grid...i like the grid better too because it's much faster to access.
    I will make up another for TM717, which is specially for it, the one posted before is used for debranding with T707 fw, you can use it, but you may encounter security certificate issue.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,582
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance
    I will make up another for TM717, which is specially for it, the one posted before is used for debranding with T707 fw, you can use it, but you may encounter security certificate issue.
    Actually the earlier one that you posted here is an edit of the TM717 customize.xml and it enables tethering with no security certificate issue:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...6&postcount=11

    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox
    so to summarize on how to enable usb tethering on the equinox...just download scottish's customize.xml file and use that one while going through the same TM506 debranding wiki and I should be set? GPS will still be intact with this method like jet said and it's not necessary to download anything new
    Actually, this is much simpler than TM506 debranding, so no need to follow the wiki. You just download Scottish's customize.xml file that I linked to above. After download if the filename is not named customize.xml then rename it to that. Then you put that file on the phone using a2uploader.

    You'll open up a2uploader.
    Select File System Tool button.
    Turn off your phone.
    Hold down the c key when plugging the USB cable into the phone.
    Release the c key when you see activity in the upper left part of a2uploader.
    Delete the existing tpa\preset\custom\customize.xml from the phone.
    Copy Scottish's customize.xml file to the phone in the same directory.
    Click Shutdown FS tool button.
    Exit a2uploader.
    Turn phone on.
    Go into Menu\Settings\General tab\Master Reset\Reset settings.

    After the phone restarts the changes should be in effect.

    I am going through the customize.xml file and I will try to post a list of other tags you may want to adjust in notepad before adding the file to your phone.

    Scottish, I did try to add a menu.ml file from t707 file system, but it didn't really change anything. I think I'm going to go with just the changes to customize.xml file until Cinn Bell or generic firmware is released. I'm hesitant about putting t707 on phone with no access to the firmware files for TM717. Granted they're on SEUS, but if SEUS won't recognize the phone as TM717, then I won't have an easy way to get TM717 firmware back.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Bookmarks