Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Equinox Debranding Thread

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    You can try version 1.2 one, which is selectively compatible with branded files (certs, sound, pics, except swfs).
    See whether it accepts generic java or not.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/pb1syj

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the instructions jet! yeah i guess it does look pretty easy thanks to everyone's contributions of course

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    How can I extract menu.ml from this phone?
    I may be able to edit to enable some other functions.

Feedback Score
    It is great to see that you guys are on board again. Scottish, have you tried the chinese font hack on TM707 yet? Also does the stock firmware have exchange support?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0))

Quote Originally Posted by lovebeta
    It is great to see that you guys are on board again. Scottish, have you tried the chinese font hack on TM707 yet? Also does the stock firmware have exchange support?
    Both Trad and Simp Chinese are included with branded software.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance
    How can I extract menu.ml from this phone?
    I may be able to edit to enable some other functions.
    You can use codeclaw in combination with a2uploader to extract menu.ml from the equinox. DJ Teknosys put the link in this post here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...14&postcount=7

Feedback Score
    Ok, deleting the lines in the customize.xml file that copied the SWF flash menus, does bring up the standard grid menu. One has to completely use SEUS to do a fresh install on the phone. And then copy customize.xml (Scottish version 1.2) onto the phone before turning it back on.

Else the SWF files are already in the folder and can not be deleted by a2uploader.

However the grid menu has 12 locations and there's only 6 menu icons. So the 6 lower icons are smiley faces and it looks a bit stupid. I'll probably just use the flash menus with the rotating circles.

Also the default on the main menu layout tag is 0. That brings up grid menu. If you change it to 1, you get the circular menu as in TM506. If you change it to 2 you get the large icons that move up and down as in TM506. Again both of these options are have the smiley faces.

But that's the update on the menu situation.

Feedback Score
    Menu issue solved.

I'll post the details on how to do this later, but here's the info for those who want to go ahead and replace their menu.

Download t707 file system from topsony.com.

Download Read 3150.05 from here:

http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=17454

Use Read 3150 on the t707 file system to extract the file systems contents onto your hard drive.

Use a2uploader to copy all files from t707 folder:

tpa\preset\system\desktop\flash

to the same folder on the phone.

You don't have to erase them from the phone first---just drag and drop them onto the phone and the files will be replaced.

Do the same with all files in
    tpa\user\theme

Then copy menu.ml from

tpa\preset\system\menu

to the phone.

Done. Turn on the phone. I don't think I even had to do a phone reset.

New menus add the ability to change menu layout. Also, in the USB menu, the USB network type option is available so that you can select Phone as modem so you can do plug and play tethering.

The Syncronization menu does now show up, but I can't see the option to sync with Exchange yet. I don't know if T-Mobile disabled that somewhere else.

Edit: All TM506 flash menus and themes can be installed onto Equinox. Just install them into the directories listed above. They work fine and no phone reset is needed.
    Last edited by jet1000; 10-31-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I did some editing on menu, got USB/bt data accounts setting added.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Now I'd like to find out how to install T707 fw onto TM717, I still feel uneasy with branded stuff.
    Can it be done with a2uploader?

Feedback Score
    Now I'd like to find out how to install T707 fw onto TM717, I still feel uneasy with branded stuff.
    I'm assuming it could. The main and fs files are on topsony.com. I haven't tried it though.

Feedback Score

Standard SE menu

On the Equinox, T-Mobile put their own branded flash menu onto the device. It crams everything into 6 spinning icons which more closely matches their menus on other devices like Samsung dumbphones.

I developed a simple way to get a standard SE grid menu and to replace the flash menus that T-Mobile created for each theme with the original menu for that theme.

You'll need the latest version of a2uploader:

http://www.sony-ericsson.ru/forums2/...e=post&id=2949

Also here is the menu.ml file and original flash menus from T707.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v1o2e9

Use a2uploader to copy the files to the following folders on the phone:

SWF files to:

tpa\preset\system\desktop\flash

Menu.ml file to:

tpa\preset\system\menu

If you want Maria Sharapova theme you can copy the thm file to here:

tpa\user\theme

Click Shutdown File System on a2uploader and exit program. When you turn the phone back on, standard SE menu will be installed. No phone reset is needed. You can go to Settings\Display\Main Menu Layout to select which layout you like the best.

The menu also contains USB network type option in USB menu to set up plug n play tethering.

I did the following changes to T707 menu.ml file. It did not have tabs in the settings menu, so I copied the proper tab layout from the Equinox menu.ml.

Also because T707 didn't have built in GPS, the locational services menu was missing some links, so I copied all items from Equinox as well.

If you find any other missing menu links from Equinox, let me know and I should be able to add them.

Feedback Score

Edits to Customize.xml file

Here are some changes that can be made to the customize.xml file which can then be reloaded onto the phone with a2uploader.

You need the original version of the customize.xml file which can be found here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...46&postcount=3

Just open the file with Notepad and change any of the tags that you want. I listed the section header and the tags that need to be changed below. In most cases once you find it, you're just changing it from true to false (or vice versa).

Changing enabled to false will permit tethering by dial-up networking:

<apn-restriction>
    <enabled>false</enabled>

You can change modifiable to true for the two internet accounts and that way they can then be viewed and edited on the phone:

<internet>
    <account modifiable="true" account-type="ps">
    <name>T-Mobile GPRS</name>
    <name>t-zones GPRS</name>

Changing these 2 to true will enable track id for the fm radio and for the anything that is played into the phone’s microphone:

<enable-fm-radio>true</enable-fm-radio>
    <enable-trackid>true</enable-trackid>

If you want to delete the myfaves interface just delete the entire Myfaves section:

Search for this header:

<myfaves>

If you want to touch the volume switch to see the phone’s status including battery life remaining instead of adjusting the ringtone volume, change this tag to false:

<standby>
    <ringtone-volume>false</ringtone-volume>

Delete the following three tags to get rid of the T-Mobile branded startup and shutdown screens:

<startup-screen-path-operator>/tpa/user/picture/Startup.gif</startup-screen-path-operator>
    <shutdown-screen-path-operator>/tpa/user/picture/Shutdown.gif</shutdown-screen-path-operator>
    <startup-sound-path-operator>/tpa/user/music/Start up.mp3</startup-sound-path-operator>

If you want to be able to modify the d-pad up and down preset shortcuts, or the shortcuts in the shortcut list, add standard-item for type to those items:

<shortcut>

<shortcut-list>
    <type>standard-item</type>

Make the changes below for the following 4 lines and it will add an option in the mobile networks menu called GSM/3G networks, which can be used to run the phone only on GSM.

<remove-system-mode-switch>0</remove-system-mode-switch>
    <remove-system-mode-choice-dual>false</remove-system-mode-choice-dual>
    <remove-system-mode-choice-gsm>false</remove-system-mode-choice-gsm>
    <remove-system-mode-choice-wcdma>false</remove-system-mode-choice-wcdma>

T-Mobile has hid the HSDPA icon, To enable them, change the following lines to false. I don’t know what the HSDPA-rab icon is, but I guess I’ll see it when I’m receiving that signal.

<hide-hsdpa-icon>false</hide-hsdpa-icon>
    <hide-hsdpa-rab-icon>false</hide-hsdpa-rab-icon>
    <hide-hsupa-rab-icon>false</hide-hsupa-rab-icon>
    <hide-hsupa-icon>false</hide-hsupa-icon>

After editing the tags in the customize.xml file, copy the file onto the phone using a2uploader to the tpa\preset\custom folder. It will overwrite the existing file.

All that needs to be done to activate the above changes is to get into Settings\General\Master reset\Reset settings

This won’t erase phone data, but will put all settings back to original.

You can also make the following edits to the customize.xml file. But they won’t take place unless you use Sony Ericsson Update Service to re-install the phone’s firmware. Then BEFORE turning on the phone after the update, use a2uploader to copy the customize.xml onto the phone.

You can change these files to permit deletion, by adjusting the tag to true:

<media>
    <image deletable="true" unicode-name="Shutdown.gif">Picture_T - Mobile_2493.7.gif</image>
    <image deletable="true" unicode-name="Startup.gif">Picture_T - Mobile_14603.8.gif</image>
    <audio deletable="true" unicode-name="Alarm.mp3">Sound_T - Mobile_14551.3.mp3</audio>
    <audio deletable="true" unicode-name="Message alert.mp3">Sound_T - Mobile_14562.4.mp3</audio>
    <audio deletable="true" unicode-name="Start up.mp3">Sound_T - Mobile_14571.3.mp3</audio>
    <audio deletable="true" unicode-name="t-jingle.mp3">Sound_T - Mobile_14560.4.mp3</audio>
    <theme deletable="true" unicode-name="Dandelion.thm">Theme_T_-_Mobile_61203_2161_3_Theme_File.thm</theme>
    <theme deletable="true" unicode-name="Forest tale.thm">Theme_T_-_Mobile_60343_2161_5_Theme_File.thm</theme>
    </media>

You can make sure these security certs aren’t installed on the phone (as they can’t be turned off once they are installed) by deleting these lines from customize.xml:

<certificate>
    <name>FullTrust</name>
    <type>x509</type>
    <storage>java-operator</storage>
    <datafile>Security_certificate_T_-_Mobile_16203_2170_8_Security_certificate_File.cer </datafile>
    </certificate>

<certificate>
    <name>SemiTrust</name>
    <type>x509</type>
    <storage>java-operator2</storage>
    <datafile>Security_certificate_T_-_Mobile_16202_2170_6_Security_certificate_File.cer </datafile>
    </certificate>

Those are the items that I have found. If you have other modifications that you’ve made, please post them.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    so you can't change the d pad for shortcuts with the original software? it has to be modified?

thanks for all the info too jet

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson Aino ///
    Carrier(s)
    - T- - - Mobile -
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yes, It works with a2uploader. I did it with the files from TopSony. The only problem I have is the settings menu is split into categories (general, sounds, display, etc), not tabs across the top like most SE's. Any way to hack in the tabs?

EDIT: Nevermind, I grabbed the menu.ml from a few posts up and that fixed my tabs issue.

Anybody know of a way to enable the GPS chip to work in the T707 FW?
    ================================
    Sony EricssonXPERIA X10
    Apple iPhone 3G S 32GB
    ================================

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast