Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Equinox Debranding Thread

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox
    so you can't change the d pad for shortcuts with the original software? it has to be modified?
    You can only change the left and right d-pad shortcuts when the phone's stock. The up and down shortcuts are permanently set to contacts and call history, which seems pointless since the call button takes you to the call history and contacts is also one of the soft keys. Scottish's customize file takes care of that restriction, though.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    You can make sure these security certs aren’t installed on the phone (as they can’t be turned off once they are installed) by deleting these lines from customize.xml:
    Jet,

What do the security certificates do? Are they what keep 3rd party Java applications from working?

Feedback Score
    I tried deleting the 2 security certs, and then I noticed that certain apps would not run, such as TeleNav GPS Navigator. I was hoping that it would result in me being able to connect to the Internet using the CNN mobile, and eBuddy apps, but this was not the case. I ended up re-downloading the T717 firmware again, to reset everything bak.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That sucks. I guess we may end up waiting for Sony to release unbranded firmware before we can use any 3rd party app we want. At least it has a good version of Google Maps and signed versions of Opera Mini work.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=
    Actually, this is much simpler than TM506 debranding, so no need to follow the wiki. You just download Scottish's customize.xml file that I linked to above. After download if the filename is not named customize.xml then rename it to that. Then you put that file on the phone using a2uploader.

You'll open up a2uploader.
    Select File System Tool button.
    Turn off your phone.
    Hold down the c key when plugging the USB cable into the phone.
    Release the c key when you see activity in the upper left part of a2uploader.
    Delete the existing tpa\preset\custom\customize.xml from the phone.
    Copy Scottish's customize.xml file to the phone in the same directory.
    Click Shutdown FS tool button.
    Exit a2uploader.
    Turn phone on.
    Go into Menu\Settings\General tab\Master Reset\Reset settings.

After the phone restarts the changes should be in effect.

I am going through the customize.xml file and I will try to post a list of other tags you may want to adjust in notepad before adding the file to your phone.

Scottish, I did try to add a menu.ml file from t707 file system, but it didn't really change anything. I think I'm going to go with just the changes to customize.xml file until Cinn Bell or generic firmware is released. I'm hesitant about putting t707 on phone with no access to the firmware files for TM717. Granted they're on SEUS, but if SEUS won't recognize the phone as TM717, then I won't have an easy way to get TM717 firmware back.[/QUOTE]

So, this auploader does not work with vista 64bit? because I install it but I can not find the .exe file. Not on x86 or normal program files. no way to open the program actually. any tips? thank you.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by martins2012
    So, this auploader does not work with vista 64bit? because I install it but I can not find the .exe file. Not on x86 or normal program files. no way to open the program actually. any tips? thank you.
    Don't worry, get codeclaw, use it when a2uploader is running, it generates a script file, use it to upload to the phone and the phone "vomit" the file out.
    I have original menu.ml file, it's actually an .xml file, just compare it with the one from T707 (I added USB networking tag compared with T700 menu.ml)
    Give some patience, and you'll get it; just keep the original file just in case.

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the work you're doing, I followed the instructions on here for my TM506 when I unbranded it and it worked great but the charging/usb port is starting to go on it and I'm looking to replace it.

I've read through the thread, but I'm a little confused still...

Do the latest customize and menu files unrestrict all features (synchronization, gps, tethering, internet access for 3rd party apps)?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Synchronization and GPS features were never locked down that I know of, but tethering is enabled with the latest customize.xml file in this thread. No one has figured out how to get unsigned Java applications to run. It seems like we're limited to the signed copy of Opera Mini until Sony-Ericsson releases the unbranded firmware.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnycs
    Do the latest customize and menu files unrestrict all features (synchronization, gps, tethering, internet access for 3rd party apps)?
    I haven't figured out how to sync with Exchange like you can on a debranded TM-506. Syncing your contacts to T-Mobile.com works fine. Syncing with pc suite works fine as well.

GPS works far better for me than it ever did on a TM-506. Easily does a locatiion even indoors. Has Google Maps 3.0 built in with Street View that works great. I know another user who used the TM-506 GPS while hiking had problems installing other GPS apps. He found one that worked, but some didn't.

Tethering is works flawlessly using the instructions given.

If an app can be installed it can get internet access.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If an app can be installed it can get internet access.
    I haven't been able to get anything but the signed version of Opera Mini to access the internet, no matter what settings I use. How did you get others to work? I'm using Scottish's latest customize file, as far as I know.

Feedback Score
    What are some examples of some apps you couldn't get to work?

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Actually the earlier one that you posted here is an edit of the TM717 customize.xml and it enables tethering with no security certificate issue:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...6&postcount=11

Actually, this is much simpler than TM506 debranding, so no need to follow the wiki. You just download Scottish's customize.xml file that I linked to above. After download if the filename is not named customize.xml then rename it to that. Then you put that file on the phone using a2uploader.

You'll open up a2uploader.
    Select File System Tool button.
    Turn off your phone.
    Hold down the c key when plugging the USB cable into the phone.
    Release the c key when you see activity in the upper left part of a2uploader.
    Delete the existing tpa\preset\custom\customize.xml from the phone.
    Copy Scottish's customize.xml file to the phone in the same directory.
    Click Shutdown FS tool button.
    Exit a2uploader.
    Turn phone on.
    Go into Menu\Settings\General tab\Master Reset\Reset settings.

After the phone restarts the changes should be in effect.

I am going through the customize.xml file and I will try to post a list of other tags you may want to adjust in notepad before adding the file to your phone.

Scottish, I did try to add a menu.ml file from t707 file system, but it didn't really change anything. I think I'm going to go with just the changes to customize.xml file until Cinn Bell or generic firmware is released. I'm hesitant about putting t707 on phone with no access to the firmware files for TM717. Granted they're on SEUS, but if SEUS won't recognize the phone as TM717, then I won't have an easy way to get TM717 firmware back.
    I tried this, but for some reason, my phone just goes into USB mode and a2u doesn't see it... and then my computer locks up... wtf lol...

I'm a noob to GSM stuff... I used to do CDMA hacking, but this is a little bit of a different beast... any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by antprdgm
    I tried this, but for some reason, my phone just goes into USB mode and a2u doesn't see it... and then my computer locks up... wtf lol...
    You need to run Gordon's Gate that was downloaded with the a2uploader first. This installs the drivers that allows the phone to be seen by Windows in this mode. These are separate from the drivers that are used when the phone is on and you're doing a file transfer for example.

Then you need to make sure the phone is powered off. Sometimes it helps to remove and re-insert the battery although this is not usually necessary.

Then you run a2uploader. Click File System Tool button.

With the phone still powered off, you hold the c key down on the phone. You connect the USB cable. Continue to hold the c key down until you see activity in the left pane of a2uploader.

Review these steps and see if that gets you up and running.

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    You need to run Gordon's Gate that was downloaded with the a2uploader first. This installs the drivers that allows the phone to be seen by Windows in this mode. These are separate from the drivers that are used when the phone is on and you're doing a file transfer for example.

Then you need to make sure the phone is powered off. Sometimes it helps to remove and re-insert the battery although this is not usually necessary.

Then you run a2uploader. Click File System Tool button.

With the phone still powered off, you hold the c key down on the phone. You connect the USB cable. Continue to hold the c key down until you see activity in the left pane of a2uploader.

Review these steps and see if that gets you up and running.
    i did that all well and good, but I hold C and plug it in and my computer gets to found new hardware... SECM?? device or something like that... a2u sees nothing (and yes, i have both gordon's gate and a2u configured right (i.e in the file system tool etc), but still nothing... I held it for 5 whole minutes and nothing at all.

then closing out of a2u causes my system to lock, requring a hard reset.... fml
    "If you wanna kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel" - U2

Feedback Score
    Which version of Windows are you using?

If you want, you can try to download Sony Ericsson Update Service. You won't use it to actually update your phone. But it will follow a similar procedure of having you turn off your phone and holding down the c key and connecting the cable. Then it will check to make sure your phone has the latest firmware. (Which it will.) I'm recommending this, because once SEUS installs it's driver, then a2uploader is usually able to read your phone as well.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast