Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Equinox Debranding Thread

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    Which version of Windows are you using?

If you want, you can try to download Sony Ericsson Update Service. You won't use it to actually update your phone. But it will follow a similar procedure of having you turn off your phone and holding down the c key and connecting the cable. Then it will check to make sure your phone has the latest firmware. (Which it will.) I'm recommending this, because once SEUS installs it's driver, then a2uploader is usually able to read your phone as well.
    i'm running xp pro, sp3... maybe i'll see if there is another sp in beta somewhere...

it does the same thing with Comodo internet security on or off

i have re-installed the SEUS and GG from two different DL links for each. No dice.

It gets to where the system tray pops up [HTML]<br>Installing New Hardware <br><b>SEMC Flash Device</b> [HTML]

and then explorer semi-freezes on me... my mouse works and everything, yet i get no response from anything... i can't even bring task manager up and kill processes

i'm doing research and it seems to be a common problem with xp pro... i'm gonna try it on my mom's computer later, which is running vista (what a sucktastic OS) and see if it works. Other than that, I have no clue what's up.
    "If you wanna kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel" - U2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by antprdgm

i'm doing research and it seems to be a common problem with xp pro... i'm gonna try it on my mom's computer later, which is running vista (what a sucktastic OS) and see if it works. Other than that, I have no clue what's up.
    So your system freezes when try to hook up the phone while running SEUS as well? If this is a common problem with SP3 that could be what it is then. Good idea to try it on Vista. It may be a bad OS, but I think it should identify this particular driver ok.

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    So your system freezes when try to hook up the phone while running SEUS as well? If this is a common problem with SP3 that could be what it is then. Good idea to try it on Vista. It may be a bad OS, but I think it should identify this particular driver ok.
    okay... good/bad news...vista didn't lock it, thank God.... however, a2u didn't work... some error... it says:

Chip ID: D900 EMP Protocol 0401

PHONE STATE: "RETAIL"
    PHONE CID: 0053
    loader_on_loader:hdr err:005D
    can't load APPLICATION CPU preloader
    phone pre-boot failed,possible RECOVERY needed
    elapsed:24 sec

Feedback Score
    can't load APPLICATION CPU preloader
    phone pre-boot failed,possible RECOVERY needed
    elapsed:24 sec
    I'm not sure what RECOVERY is. But if SEUS is not crashing on the Vista machine, you could try to have it re-install the full firmware for the Equinox, and then see if that permits a2uploader to work properly.

I re-installed the firmware several times on my Equinox while I was figuring out what customizations could be made, so the procedure works fine. It will delete items like contacts, text messages settings and that sort of thing, so you'll want to back up your information before doing it.

But the procedure would be to do a full firmware update using SEUS. Exit out of that, but do not turn on the phone. Run a2uploader. If you can access the file system, then copy Scottish's customize.xml onto the phone and turn the phone on and you should be good to go with everything.

Is the main thing that you're trying to accomplish is the ability to tether with the USB cable?

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure what RECOVERY is. But if SEUS is not crashing on the Vista machine, you could try to have it re-install the full firmware for the Equinox, and then see if that permits a2uploader to work properly.

I re-installed the firmware several times on my Equinox while I was figuring out what customizations could be made, so the procedure works fine. It will delete items like contacts, text messages settings and that sort of thing, so you'll want to back up your information before doing it.

But the procedure would be to do a full firmware update using SEUS. Exit out of that, but do not turn on the phone. Run a2uploader. If you can access the file system, then copy Scottish's customize.xml onto the phone and turn the phone on and you should be good to go with everything.

Is the main thing that you're trying to accomplish is the ability to tether with the USB cable?
    i didn't try using SEUS... i just ran A2U.... i'm not only trying to tether, I HATE the circular flash menus.... it slows down the phone a lot

though i might try to be a horrid geek and port the w518 firmware for the much better music player... i have a backup phone in case i temporarily brick it

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    i didn't try using SEUS... i just ran A2U.... i'm not only trying to tether, I HATE the circular flash menus.... it slows down the phone a lot

though i might try to be a horrid geek and port the w518 firmware for the much better music player... i have a backup phone in case i temporarily brick it
    okay.... i re-flashed the base firmware using SEUS on Vista... no problems with the driver there (could the driver possibly be unsigned?? I know XP Pro hates working with unsigned drivers).

Still the EXACT same error when I go to use A2U... Verbatim. Some poking around on a spanish se-users thread indicated that the TM717 may have a different flash chip than the 707? I have had absolutely no luck with A2U...

grrrraaaa this is frustrating lol

Feedback Score

Still the EXACT same error when I go to use A2U... Verbatim. Some poking around on a spanish se-users thread indicated that the TM717 may have a different flash chip than the 707? I have had absolutely no luck with A2U...
    Which version of the a2uploader are you using? I was using the 9/22/09 version with the Equinox as that was the latest version I found. Maybe you can try a different version.

If reflashing the firmware didn't fix it, I'm not sure what the difficulty is. I've used a2uploader with equinox on both XP SP2 and SP3 and they both worked. It wouldn't let me read some of the files but other than that it would copy everything over that I wanted.

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Which version of the a2uploader are you using? I was using the 9/22/09 version with the Equinox as that was the latest version I found. Maybe you can try a different version.

If reflashing the firmware didn't fix it, I'm not sure what the difficulty is. I've used a2uploader with equinox on both XP SP2 and SP3 and they both worked. It wouldn't let me read some of the files but other than that it would copy everything over that I wanted.
    weylllllll no wonder! mine is 05/06/2009... do you have a link to the new one?

have you tried GG with xp pro? I'm running xp pro sp3

*edit... nevermind... i found 9/22, so i'll try that*
    Last edited by antprdgm; 12-06-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    okay! I got it to work!! I used the 09/22/2009 version of A2U and this version of GG
    http://www.se-lifestyle.com/filebase...flash%20driver

totally weird, eh?

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    sooooo using the custom custom.xml, my myfaves interface ceases to work, and there is no way to minimize it... the myfaves option in the settings menu disappears completely, and, with it, the ability to set your left and right shortcut keys

other than that, I haven't found any problems with it

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    sooooo using the custom custom.xml, my myfaves interface ceases to work, and there is no way to minimize it... the myfaves option in the settings menu disappears completely, and, with it, the ability to set your left and right shortcut keys

other than that, I haven't found any problems with it
    I removed myFaves UI so I don't have to deal with extra contacts.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Feedback Score
    When you say the interface ceases to work what specifically do you mean by that? It must still be on your screen because you said you're not able to minimize it.

Did you use my menu.ml file so that you could go back to the standard grid menu as opposed to the spinning circle menu that T-Mobile placed on the phone? If so, I didn't include the myfaves option into the menu.ml. I could probably pull it out of the T-Mobile menu.ml and put it in into the custom menu.ml so that it would reappear in settings. Let me check into that.

Which version of the custom customize.xml did you install?

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    When you say the interface ceases to work what specifically do you mean by that? It must still be on your screen because you said you're not able to minimize it.

Did you use my menu.ml file so that you could go back to the standard grid menu as opposed to the spinning circle menu that T-Mobile placed on the phone? If so, I didn't include the myfaves option into the menu.ml. I could probably pull it out of the T-Mobile menu.ml and put it in into the custom menu.ml so that it would reappear in settings. Let me check into that.

Which version of the custom customize.xml did you install?
    Only one contact was on the screen, and the rest were blank. No name, icon, or anything. I just took the myfaves part out of the XML file and it actually sped up my phone immensely....

I used the customize that was posted in this thread, but I accidentally reset the phone settings before I went over to a grid menu... not smart... now I have to re-flash and move the files in again because I can't get to my settings menu anymore... the link goes to my account....

well, live and learn

Device(s)
    SE TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet
    I removed myFaves UI so I don't have to deal with extra contacts.
    i actually use myfaves, but I took it out of there (hacking is more important than a silly interface lol) and it actually sped the phone up a LOT

Feedback Score

I used the customize that was posted in this thread, but I accidentally reset the phone settings before I went over to a grid menu... not smart... now I have to re-flash and move the files in again because I can't get to my settings menu anymore... the link goes to my account....
    You may not have to re-flash. If I understand what happened correctly, I think all you need to do is follow the steps I listed out in post 42. Copy in those files and the menu.ml and turn the phone back on. You shouldn't even have to do a phone reset.

As I recall, you can't delete some of the existing files from those folders in a2uploader. But if you just drag and drop the menu.ml and the swf files , the files with the same name will be replaced with the correct files.

T-Mobile modified the swf files (which are the flash menu) to that spinning circles. The swf files I link to were taken out of the T707 firmware and are the standard SE files. That's why you can get the grid layout back.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast